What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the.end

Reaction score
The old topic is here.

And please give reasons why you hate the book(s), not just "because I hate it."

///

I hate Twilight, the series, and Meyer.

*shields self from said book's rabid fangirls*

Edward Cullen is overly controlling. Bella wants to go see Jacob? BOOM. No she can't. She wants to see Charlie? No she can't. I remember first reading the series and thinking "Oooh, what a scary 'vampire'. I can't WAIT to see how they make him look in the movie." (Cuz, really, you knew they'd make a movie of it, what with all the publicity the book was getting) And they made him look like... like... a DISCO BALL! REAL vampires do NOT, in ANY WAY, resemble disco balls. Okay? EVER.

Bella Swan feels like she cannot live without Edward. When he leaves, she's depressed, then she has to go find another person--Jacob--to use, just for his company. She knows she's using him, yet, she continues.

And Jacob just randomly imprints on Renesmee. It's like, Meyer just threw that in at last minute so she'd stop getting hate mail from Team Jacob fans because he never got true love.

And Stephenie Meyer said--how DARE she, I was actually shaking with anger when I read this-- her precious little sparkly vampire could cross the room in 0.01 seconds and break Harry Potter's neck.

*shudders with anger*

/rant

///

So, haha, what book/series do YOU hate?

The Twilight Saga

I don't care much for Alcott and Nicholas Sparks.

I dislike many of those books on the bestseller list, mainly because some of them are so shallow. ie: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, etc.

And most definitely, romance books in general make me sick.

And please give reasons why you hate the book(s), not just "because I hate it." ///

Edward Cullen is overly controlling. Bella wants to go see Jacob? BOOM. No she can't. She wants to see Charlie? No she can't. I remember first reading the series and thinking "Oooh, what a scary 'vampire'. I can't WAIT to see how they make him look in the movie." (Cuz, really, you knew they'd make a movie of it, what with all the publicity the book was getting) And they made him look like... like... a DISCO BALL! REAL vampires do NOT, in ANY WAY, resemble disco balls. Okay? EVER.

Bella Swan feels like she cannot live without Edward. When he leaves, she's depressed, then she has to go find another person--Jacob--to use, just for his company. She knows she's using him, yet, she continues.

And Jacob just randomly imprints on Renesmee. It's like, Meyer just threw that in at last minute so she'd stop getting hate mail from Team Jacob fans because he never got true love.

And Stephenie Meyer said--how DARE she, I was actually shaking with anger when I read this-- her precious little sparkly vampire could cross the room in 0.01 seconds and break Harry Potter's neck.

*shudders with anger*

/rant

///

This. The writing style is also really annoying. She seems to be one of those idiots who think that using big, overly descriptive words which are completely out of context (especially since the books are from the point of view of a teenager, for crying out loud!) makes them seem smarter when, really, it makes most people want to hang the author up by her gullet, rip her arm off and start whacking her like a piñata. Or maybe that’s just me. There’s also the fact that she tells rather than shows. Stephenie/Stephanie (I forget which) constantly tries to shove the “fact” that Bella’s “omg so smartttt!!!!” down our throats, but never actually shows why the girl’s clever. In fact, Bella acts like an absolute moron for most of the book.

I also strongly dislike the Princess Diaries series. I wasn’t too crazy on them when I was about eight, and when I read the first book again last night out of boredom I realised, even though I’m fourteen myself now, how little I relate to Mia. I can tell how hard the author tried to make the character relatable, but her reactions to most situations are completely unrealistic. And then there was the grammar. Oh lord, the grammar. Statements like “him and me”, “then he was like...”, “so I went...”, “Uh, hello!” and “Like, totally”. That’s how fourteen year olds talk to their friends. Most of them, especially if they’re supposed to be smart like Mia who goes to a private school and seems to do well in pretty much every subject except Algebra, wouldn’t write as badly as that. I think the whole bad grammar thing was part of the whole trying-to-make-Mia relatable, but to me she just seemed like an adult trying to sound like a teenager. Oh, and did I mention that Mia’s annoyingly pessimistic? I’d probably whine if I was stuck in the most clichéd high school scenario on earth, but still.

./rant

I’m sure there’s more books/series I detest, but I can’t think of anything else right now.

[SIZE=8pt]Anything by AVI is extremely annoying to read and horrid. The Notebook was pretty poor compared to the movie, which had much more details about Allie and Noah's past then the book had. That's it. I don't hate Twilight. I'm re-reading it. I do see the flaws, but not everyone is perfect and her book was written horribly because she wrote the middle then wrote the beginning and end. Pretty poor way to write if you ask me, but... it's fun for me to read. I'm not going to bash her, because I know I couldn't do any better. *shrugs*[/SIZE]

Worst books what I have ever read are A Series of Unfortunate Events- books,

because your favorite characters die or you don't know what happen to them.

I read all those 13 books, because books always end, when there's something, what you want to know.

Don't read NEVER those books!

The old topic is here.
And please give reasons why you hate the book(s), not just "because I hate it."

///

*shudders with anger*

/rant

///

D'ohoh...

Twilight is very disturbing in so many ways...

How about we go over some topics

that Stephanie Meyer thinks is "Romantic" or "Love".

* Stalking

* threatening suicide

* Acts of self endangerment

* Controlling every aspect of a woman's life.

* Bestiality

* Necrophilia

* Sleeping with someone as old as your grandfather.

* Lying to your parents for the sake of teen angst and lust.

* Teen Pregnancy

* HAVING A GUY STARE AT YOU THE ENTIRE. FREAKING. NIGHT.

* Having every male in the book in some way attracted to you. (Mary Sue much?)

* Watching men twinkly and shine like a disco ball as "the.end" has stated.

* Having your man isolate you from your friends and family.

* Using marriage as a way to force sex onto someone. Brutal sex at that.

* Not to mention there's a bit of pedophilia in the sense that Jacob imprints Renesmee...Ew?

These are wonderful life values that every growing teenage girl should encourage! :,D ...Heh, if only that were true. <.<

Oh gosh...Don't even get me started on her grammar. ._."

----

Wait...WHAT! Did Meyer actually say that about Harry Potter?

._. ...That little-

As if Edward could kill Harry...ROFL > :eek:

Do you have a link to her saying that statement or anything?

One of the worst books I read was called "The Yearling." It was so difficult to understand the concept of the story and it just didn't click with me.

Definatly hate the Twilight series. Vampires, romance, not very appealing to me. The movies were even worse. WAY over-dramatic. Stephanie Meyer said WHAT about Harry Potter?!

Probably a tie between Harry Potter and The Lightning Thief.
I'm going to have to majorly disagree with you on both of those.

This book called Heros of The Valley. It felt boring and was full of things that happened for no reason and it was very poorly writtten. (I found 2 spelling errors in it.)

Gad. I know a LOT. I know someone's going to be angry about mine.

-- Poppy.

I HATE IT. It was soooooo boring, and super predictable. I won't spoil it, but... yeah.

-- Stone Fox

Oh my. Ohhh.. I hate this book. In my school, we take a book and we all read it and answer questions and stuff. (Both this / Poppy were read by me this way.) This book was obviously trying to be awesome, but I found it boring, predictable, and what made it worse was the ending was weird, read below.

_____SPOILERS._____

The story's about a boy and he has a dog. His grandpa gets sick, and the medicine is like, $100. So the kid enters this race with his dog against this guy named Stone Fox with a bunch of Sayomeds (I had to do a report on them after reading the book, so I hate the book even more), because the prize is $100, and so at the end the dog dies but I forget how, and the Stone Fox dude lets him pass over the finish, and that's IT. It just ends there. Really.

-- Twilight

I'm soooooooooooooooo happy that so many people hate Twilight. And I agree with everything here.

I agree utterly with the.end, Heil Grammatik, ice mountain, and Anime girl.

...Hold it! She said EDWARD WHATSHISNAME could break HARRY POTTER'S neck?! How dare she!

i liked the princess diaries books. i thought it sounded a lot how teenage girls (or, the teenage girls i go to school with) would sound in real life. i like all genres, mostly fantasy/horror/sci-fi, but the books i absolutely hate are autobiographies/biographies. ugh.

Nothing but the Truth by AVI was horrible. The format it was written in is a reason many people like it, but I found it horrible and impossible to get through. A series I dislike is Uglies by Scott Westerfield. They're horrible in thinking you have to be beautiful and need plastic surgery to be beautiful. It's distasteful, the morals of that book. You're pretty for who you are, not what you are.

I don't really like Stephen King's books. Not that they're bad or anything, but after reading some gruesome scenes in his books, I don't think I should read his books anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back