All Things Harry Potter!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolTama

Reaction score
Can't believe there isn't a topic directly dedicated to the Harry Potter series! Share your favorite Harry Potter moments here. Which book is your favorite? Do you have a favorite character? If you were sorted into a House, where would you think you'd go? What are some of the funniest moments you've encountered in reading the books? Quotable quotes you like? Feel free to be as creative with this as you like. :) Oh, and have you guys seen this yet: https://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk...ter-movies.html?

I love Luna, she's so quirky and good-natured. I think I'd be sorted into Ravenclaw, but I'd be a Gryffindor at heart. :p

^ That sounds like a great idea! I normally re-read the series during the summer (or every other summer) anyway. :) Do you have a favorite? Mine is Prisoner of Azkaban (it was also the first one out of the series I read). Goblet of Fire is a pretty close second.

Oh, right.

I'm a bit of a Ravenclaw at heart, but too much of a Dark Arts person to actually be sorted into one.

My favorite is Chamber of Secrets, with Order of the Phoenix coming in second. =3

Order of the Phoenix was pretty cool. Harry was so impulsive and emo in that one though. :) This may sound kind of dorky, but I love the dust jacket because it's all in shades of blue (my favorite color ;) ). I love how events from Chamber of Secrets connected with those in Half-Blood Prince.

I love Luna, she's so quirky and good-natured. I think I'd be sorted into Ravenclaw, but I'd be a Gryffindor at heart. :)
Seconded.

Harry is my favourite character <3

I took a really good Sorting Hat quiz online, and I got a tie between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, I think I'd be more Gryffindor though, because I'm more curious and risky than studious.

I've read the series 4 times, the second book is probably my favourite :p I know like every little detail about the books, my friend who also loves Harry Potter quizzes me about it all the time.=D

edit- this is the Sorting Hat site i used: xxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mazeay: Harry is pretty cool. I think Ginny is probably one of my favorite characters. She kind of reminds me a little bit of myself: kind of soft-spoken, shy, tongue-tied around boys sometimes, but willing to be herself, no matter what. I loved how strong she got as the series went on, she was so kick-butt. She's a girl but at the same time, not the girly-girl. Hahaha, yeah, I've also read the series many times as well.

Pretty neat Sorting Hat quiz! I tied between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff at 14, which was expected. I am the studious type, and "loyal, dependable, and hardworking" of Hufflepuff describes me pretty much to a T. Gryffindor came in second with 11, and Slytherin was the lowest at 6, which is pretty accurate, lol.

I think I'm going to start re-reading the series now. :p There are some great passages that make me crack up no matter how many times I've read the books. Maybe I'll post some favorites when I get there.

My favourite book was Goblet of Fire by far, and probably Prisoner of Azkaban in 2nd.

I am Ravenclaw: "Intelligent, Witty & Capable."

WOO! My 1000th post. x)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite book was Goblet of Fire by far, and probably Prisoner of Azkaban in 2nd.
I am Ravenclaw: "Intelligent, Witty & Capable."

WOO! My 1000th post. x)
Goblet of Fire has so many neat twists and turns in it. You know, sometimes I just can't get over the fact that J.K. Rowling was super brilliant for coming up with this stuff and have it all stretch and connect throughout all 7 books. Don't know how she does it. Thanks for gracing our presence with your 1000th post and congrats! I was like that too. XD

Four months and ten days until the seventh movie <333

I lovelovelove Harry Potter!

I want to marry Ronald Billius Weasley <33

At first, I didn't think Dumbledore was really dead [in Half Blood Prince]-- I thought that he and Snape had a plan to somehow fake his death to get Voldemort to lower his gaurd and what-not.

But, then I read the seventh book and Snape's story made me cry. Not just a couple of tears, but BAWLED. It was rediculous.

My favorite book was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because Sirius is my favorite Harry Potter character, hands down. When he died in Order of the Pheonix, I bawled for like an hour. It was bad.

Goblet of Fire was really good too, though I haven't read that one in a while. I think I while this summer, though.

The sixth movie was terrible, in my opinion. They left out the whole battle at Hogwarts, which is a very important event. And the Wealeys' house definately did not catch on fire. Yeah. I was not too happy.

I could go on and on about these books for ages. They are the best series I've ever read-- and I've read lots of different series.

Wow, B e t h y Well, what can you do about the movies? They do only have a limited amount of time to fit everything in. I'm glad the 7th is being split. I was also kind of disappointed about the 6th movie, especially the music. I am a BIG John Williams fan and when they took on new composers for the soundtracks, it took me a while to warm up to them. Love your passion for the books as well. Yeah, I was pretty sad

--------SPOILERS (hey, you never know, my own sister hasn't even had the chance to read the 7th book yet :D ) ----------

when Snape died as well but it was the worst for me when Dumbledore died. I cried like crazy! Summer is a great time to re-read the series. I do that at least every other summer. :ph34r:

I'm definatly hufflepuff, no dought. My favorite books were the 4th, with number 1 coming in a close second

Wow, B e t h y <3, I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping track regarding the movie release! :D Well, what can you do about the movies? They do only have a limited amount of time to fit everything in. I'm glad the 7th is being split. I was also kind of disappointed about the 6th movie, especially the music. I am a BIG John Williams fan and when they took on new composers for the soundtracks, it took me a while to warm up to them. Love your passion for the books as well. Yeah, I was pretty sad
--------SPOILERS (hey, you never know, my own sister hasn't even had the chance to read the 7th book yet :p ) ----------

when Snape died as well but it was the worst for me when Dumbledore died. I cried like crazy! Summer is a great time to re-read the series. I do that at least every other summer. :)
I'm sure the dedicated fans would sit in the theatres for 4 hours to watch it if they put everything it ;)

But I'm sooo excited for the 7th movie :DD

I'm sure the dedicated fans would sit in the theatres for 4 hours to watch it if they put everything it :lol:
But I'm sooo excited for the 7th movie :DD
I know I would! No doubt about it at all. Anything to make the experience and series last just a little bit longer. :lol: I'm excited as well. Midnight showing for sure!

I can't wait for the seventh movie! :p

My favorite book was either the 3rd or the 7th.

I always crack up on the seventh when Mrs. Weasley(sorry for spelling)

says "Get away from my daughter you b****!

I was laughing for hours!!!! B) :D :D :D :D :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back