Why can't I keep the points I've earned?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raquaz

Reaction score
My music star is already on the 5th generation, but for some reason my gotchi points go down to 0 when i start taking care of a new generation. I've heard that the points are supposed to get deducted to half (or something like it), so why am I losing it all? It makes it very difficult to buy food for it, so I have to stock up while the adult is still with its kid.

Is my tama defected? :D It's really lame to lose all those points I've earned!

I have not heard of this. You are correct when you say you are supposed to only lose half.

Good Luck I hope others are more help

Since I couldn't find any other topics about this, I'm starting to think that I'm the only one with this problem.

I'm scared to try to restart it too, what if nothing changes and I just end up losing all of my stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first music stars released, the ones with the backwards date setting, lose half the points, the newer ones that have the normal date setting lose all the points. I had read this somewhere online and then saw it for myself in my 2 stars, I have 1 of each type running now, my old one is on the 5th generation and my new one is on it's 2nd. Hope I helped.

-Kat

When you go to another generation your tama will loose all points and keep all items as well as 1/4 of the parent's skill points. When it turns into a teen(I think) (depending on if you have the earlier batch / later batch) it will inherit half or none of the parent's gotchi points.

(anyone, correct me if I'm wrong)

When I say earlier / later batch I mean the first set that was made by BANDAI and the later set that was made by BANDAI.

~shawdy~ :furawatchi:

Don't worry, this is nothing unusual at all, and there have actually been topics about this before so it's strange you found none.

Here comes the differences between earlier and later batch of music stars, you, just like me, sure has the second batch.

earlier batch: Second and forward generations get to keep half of the paren'ts gotchi points when the paren'ts left.

later batch:Second and forward generations get to keep none of the parent's gotchi points, but some are sent to them in the teen stage.

There might have been some more difference that I temporarily forgot, but if so, it was nothing specificially important.

Hope I helped!!

Sorry you lost your points.

Depending on what Music Star you had... *Stated previously

You save half or none. Your parents will send some back sometimes and gifts. If you want to keep your points... I suppose you can buy larger items/more food for it. I would invest in food as they are more helpful in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back