Do you think tamagotchis are a little overpriced?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

Most of the tamagotchis launched in the USA/Europe, etc. have been very reasonably priced. Usually under £15 / $20 - compared to the price of other electronic games - Nintendo DS, etc.

If you want to start buying older, rarer tamas or importing them from Japan, then you pay higher prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe a little. but i voted no.

although, the tamago is pretty overpriced ^_^

no way! To be honest I think it's just about average. I mean, think about how hard it was to think about how to wire it and stuffs >_< xD

@Zzgs

You probally only think its overpriced cause its 20.00 now.

Its not. Think about it. You can do a lot more with it now. You can

connect a little figure to it and stuff. That takes work to make y'know o;

No, I think the price is good and fair, thinking of how much fun they give you, it's totally worth it! :D

Brand new Tamagotchis at the moment are around $25. That's not too bad.

But the prices people are listing certain Tamagotchis for on auction sites range from pricey to insane. ($80 for a V1 Digimon!?)

although, the tamago is pretty overpriced :D
$20?!! That's overpriced?! LOL, It could be worth WAY more, besides, It's not much more than a normal Tamagotchi, and it is bigger, and comes with a little figurine, so that's a pretty good deal. :D

Hmmm, depends on which ones you're asking about. If you're asking in general, I would probably say no. Take the Tama-Go and the other Connections, for instance. $15-20 is about right. I actually think $20 for the Tama-Go is kind of a steal because of the size, animations, and stuff like that. $45-50 for the TMGC+C is about right, although I definitely wouldn't say no if it were cheaper. :angry: Now if you're talking about the vintage Tamagotchis (V1 and older), yes, they're pricey, but understandably so. They're rarer, not made anymore, exclusive to Japan, etc.

Tamas have always been reasonably priced. However, if you want to buy rarer/older ones, be prepared to pay for them.

@ZzgsYou probally only think its overpriced cause its 20.00 now.

Its not. Think about it. You can do a lot more with it now. You can

connect a little figure to it and stuff. That takes work to make y'know o;
actually, its really easy. ya see, a machine in china produces hundreds per minute :ph34r:

I think you would all be very surprised at how little it costs to mass produce these toys. There is very little R and D and for the most part very little change from one model to the next (technology wise) they are using very old and very cheap tech. I am going to research this for a bit now.

Personally, I think they're a bit overpriced... but that's because I don't really have the money to spend on them. *shrug*

Nooo, because some things are hard to make. I definitely wouldn't put a lot of effort into a circuit board and charge $5 or something. Unlike some generic things around town...... :eek:

I think $15-$20 is a fair price for them. I remember buying a couple at a Toy Store for only $9.99 one time though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back