Are you happy with who you are?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGirl96

Reaction score
Both physically and personality-wise.

I thought this would be an interesting topic of discussion. Overall, are you happy with the person that you are? What do you like/dislike about your appearance/personality? What do you wish you could change about yourself?

I am think this topic should move to Seriously (Non)TamaTalk.
No one has been asked to post photos of themselves or personal information that might reveal their location, so I think this is fine in the Non TamaTalk forum :kuribotchi:

I don't think there are many people in this world who are completely satisfied with their looks even if they're comfortable with their personality :)

For example, I have never met a person with naturally wavy hair who didn't wish for straighter hair - or vice versa. There are some things about your appearance you can change if you really feel unhappy about it, it's just a question of being realistic about what is possible and what is really necessary.

Personally I've been wanting to be just a little slimmer for years, but until I take action and start exercising more it's not going to happen (I already eat pretty healthily). So clearly, my subconscious doesn't think it is too important - either that or I just can't be bothered to put in the effort XD

As for personality, if you are not happy with the way you are, you don't have to wish you could change, you make the effort and do it. Again, you have to be honest with yourself and ask if the change is to please others and why or to please yourself (and why).

It's not always easy and sometimes it takes time but you've got a whole lifetime to work on it!

Not really.

Looks wise- I'm always self-conscious. I don't know what it's like to feel confident or I have forgotten how it's like anyway. I need to get over it.

Personality wise- I love my personality around my family and friends. With other people I'm boring, shy, and fake.

I personally think that I'm not as good as others.

But I'm 0kay with that, and I'm 0kay with who I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Personality?) Heck ya.

(Physical) Hmm, I have very slim , muscular legs

but I want to have flat, muscular abs

and my face looks weird- its two toned :/

Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty happy with myself. If I could I probably wouldn't change a thing. :)

I'm content with who I am for the most part. I'm just tired of my inbility to present myself in a way that others can learn to take seriously, but I'm working hard on improving that.

This question depends on when you ask me.

Most days I would say I'm pretty okay with myself. I've learned a lot about who I am recently and I'm developing and growing in pretty much every way possible. I have good morals and though I'm no where near perfect and I'm always striving to be a better person on the inside, but I'm working and I consider myself good and kind, for the most part. However, I'm lazy, sometimes selfish, and I'm too emotional. Deep down inside, I'm a control freak. I take things personally. I care too much and worry about everything. But that's just who I am.

Physically I can honestly say that I've been blessed. I have a fast metabolism. I'm 5'2/5'3, and I love my small frame and my size 0/1 pants size. I've also been blessed with curves and breasts... I'm almost a C cup. But just like everyone else, I have my insecure days, and unfortunately, for those of you who have known me on here for a while, you'll know about my skin discoloration on my back. That is something that bothers me every day and keeps me from feeling truly beautiful.

I try to be as comfortable as possible with who I am. It's always a work in progress. I figure, this is what I'm stuck with for the rest of my life. I gotta make the best of it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I could spend days listing things that I'm dissatisfied with about myself.

I could also spend days trying to think of more than 10 things I like as well.

Physically, I hate my body. I don't fit into clothes the way I want, and I've tried everything to change that. My eyebrows ruin my whole face and some days I wish I could shave them off. I have acne all the time, and my hands/nails are gruesome looking. My hair falls flat no matter what I do to it, and overall I just don't like how I look.

Personality wise, I'm bland. I used to tons of fun but it seems like I'm always awkward, or maybe just too mature now. I don't even know.

The only thing I've accepted is the fact I'm quite smart and creative - that's it.

I'm generally happy.

I have my days where I dislike something about myself, but I'm content.

Although I think I have a somewhat irritating personality sometimes.

No. I hate myself.

So thats why I'm trying to change my ways. But the problem is, nobody will listen. They either get sad and say I'm fine as I am, or they are like "Yeah right," and laugh in my face. I wish they could understand I need chance to be myself!

Not entirely. There are lots of things I don't like about myself, but I'm getting on fine as I am now.

Myself and I are in a love/hate relationship.

Looks-wise, I guess I'm becoming more comfortable with myself. I just wish I didn't have freckles or a natural pink tone to my cheeks.

Personality-wise, I'll never like myself.

~Mew

oh goodness, no.

no matter how much I change my style, my looks, anything, I still find something to say about myself that isn't right.

it's really depressing. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back