Oldies - when do they die?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violetlovesgum

Reaction score
Hi! :)

My "problem" is already in the description. On my V4, I have a 23 year old Otokitchi and I'm getting really bored with it... I never had an oldie before and always thought the POINT of Oldies would be that they get harder and harder to care for until finally they die... but no! Mine keeps sitting around super comfortly, doesn't need more attention than some food and a game every 5 or so hours, and is perfectly fine with the minimum care it receives.

Will it stay this way??? Do I have to let my Tamagranny die on purpose (oh no!) to get a new baby (without resetting)?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

What I've heard is that tamagotchis never die of age. Your oldie will keep going until it dies from neglect, is resetted, or is married to another tamagotchi. Sorry. :furawatchi:

Oh, thank you two for replying so quickly! Sigh. I hoped there would be another way, but I guess I'll be ignoring my Otokitchi from now on and see how long it takes... I don't think I will ever want another Oldie, she's cute, but the boringness!

I left my v4.5 oldie alone without any care for 1 and a half days, and it was still alive. I finally just removed the batteries. ._.

oh ya i dont think they really ever die unless u really neglect them and yes they are boring after a while, has the matchmaker just stop coming?

My Otokitchi Rosie has finally died at 25 years, after exactly 29 hours of neglect. (Poo was everywhere, it was sick, all hearts empty of course - so sad :<)

I hatched a new egg and got a baby boy, Peter... <3

I'm really a bit disappointed that Oldies don't ever get harder to care for, what is the point of having them then? :/

Last edited by a moderator:
A good solution is to connect with an other tamagotchi and have babies!24 hours after your babies birth, the mum (or dad) will go back to tamaplanet! :D (Basicly, for you its a :ph34r:

My Otokitchi Rosie has finally died at 25 years, after exactly 29 hours of neglect. (Poo was everywhere, it was sick, all hearts empty of course - so sad :<)
I love to have Otokitchi on TMGC+C, her close up is so funny :ph34r:

IT'S ALIVE!

-.-.-.-.-.-

Well, I still need help about this topic.

I've got my first oldie too, she's Titi and it's 16 years old. I don't want her to die, I'd rather prefer her having a partner... but I've already read that oldies don't get the matchmaker visit anymore :( so sad.

So, what should I do? I want also the generation to go on and so... So, resetting my tama will make me lose all my points and stuff I've got?

I'm worried about this.

Also, I don't have ANY friend with a tamagotchi, so I can't ask for help from a friend to have babies with Titi :D

My tama is a v4.5 and it seems that I ALWAYS missed the matchmaker -.- terribly. But honestly, I always have the tamagotchi with me (I dislike it very much when their hearts are empty) so maybe matchmaker never came or I just... missed her :|

Thanks in advance xx

IT'S ALIVE!

-.-.-.-.-.-

Well, I still need help about this topic.

I've got my first oldie too, she's Titi and it's 16 years old. I don't want her to die, I'd rather prefer her having a partner... but I've already read that oldies don't get the matchmaker visit anymore :( so sad.

So, what should I do? I want also the generation to go on and so... So, resetting my tama will make me lose all my points and stuff I've got?

I'm worried about this.

Also, I don't have ANY friend with a tamagotchi, so I can't ask for help from a friend to have babies with Titi :D

My tama is a v4.5 and it seems that I ALWAYS missed the matchmaker -.- terribly. But honestly, I always have the tamagotchi with me (I dislike it very much when their hearts are empty) so maybe matchmaker never came or I just... missed her :|

Thanks in advance xx
You probably just missed her every time. It helps to know the times the matchmaker comes so you can anticipate it. Check out THIS page, specifically the post made by binary. Sorry about that. =/

Oh oh, so if I let my oldie die :mellow: , will I lost all my gifts, food, objects, GP and so? :(

Hi! n_n

I have a question about that... In Tamagotchi V5 the characters gets old if I have them for a looong time? :huh: Because I have three characters (Antoinetchi, Kuromametchi and Hotteatchi) that I like a lot and I don't want that they turn into grandpas and grandmas and they loose the oportunity of marry and have babies! T-T

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! n_n

I have a question about that... In Tamagotchi V5 the characters gets old if I have them for a looong time? :huh: Because I have three characters (Antoinetchi, Kuromametchi and Hotteatchi) that I like a lot and I don't want that they turn into grandpas and grandmas and they loose the oportunity of marry and have babies! T-T
No, familitchi/V5 Tamagotchi don't turn into the oldies. Thank goodness. But I must admit Ojitchi is kinda cool. :lol:

Oh oh, so if I let my oldie die :mellow: , will I lost all my gifts, food, objects, GP and so? :(
Yes, I think you are correct. You could always try buying another V4.5 (or any other compatible Connection, V1-V4 works too) online and, while keeping your current Oldie alive, raise your newly bought one until it reaches an opposite gender Oldie stage and mate those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back