AArrgh! Help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi love

Reaction score
There's this girl in the class above me- we'll call her Cherry. Anyway, I am very very ambitious and she is just getting in my way- she takes out the best results and is very popular with her group. I can never seem to beat her at anything. She plays the flute and piano and she always scores the highest, and I see no way to overcome her... Can you awesome people help me? I need a way to beat her... Please post anything that may be of use.... PLEASE...

I can understand that you feel inferior to her, but if I were you, I'd try thinking outside the box.

Think of this girl and how she must be under pressure everyday, and forced to live up to people's expectations.

You're young; you must surely have lots of amazing talents nobody else has, and that you don't know about, and you have all the time you want to find out what they are.

After all, feeling inferior is just a waste of the wonderful person you are ! :)

So, I guess you should just be happy you're not thought of as "perfect," and can live a comfortable life without restraint.

Just stick to being you and ... smile. ;]

Edit; Typo and smilie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let loose. Don't try to reach above her, try to reach your personal best. Try YOUR hardest, not hers. Maybe her parents are forcing her to be perfect so that she can be the best in the Year. You'll probably meet her parents and realise that they are making their daughter live their dream not hers.

There are loads of kids in my year like that, and true true, they irritate the crap out of me, but I always strive for my best. So don't worry about her, just be what you want to be.

My Motto:

Be yourself, not someone else.

My Other Motto:

First cahnce you get to go through an airport and get on a plane, GRAB IT!!!!

just try to find something that your really good at and show people how good you are. everybody in my class was amazed at my skill of walking on my knees. im my class im kinda that "perfect" girl, but im not the most popular girl

If she beats you at everything, she's obviously better than you.

That sounds rude, but I honestly don't mean it that way. But think how she gets better than you. Practice. Don't ever think about beating her. Only for motivation to practice. You might be skipping steps by trying to beat her. For example, trying to play an amazing song on the piano without even learning the basics.

If you practice well, you probably be better than her. You don't get what you want if you don't work for it. :)

You must overcome her in a duel to the death.

I suggest training for forty days and forty nights in a barren landscape with no resources that will make it easier,and wild animals constantly trying to ea you for dinner.

Once you have completed the task, you will be able to fight.

The key to being 'popular' is being yourself. If your trying to be someone your not, where it that going to get you? Be yourself and have confidence. There may always be people above you that makes you challenge yourself to become better. You can't help how 'perfect' you are. No one is. Being yourself and having confidence in YOU is what being 'perfect' really is.

You kinda just need to stop comparing yourself to her. She probably works hard to get where she is. You just have to accept that she's better than you at these things and move on with life. And really, if you do wanna be better than her at piano or flute, you have to practice a lot. You can't expect yourself to be amazing without practicing everyday for long periods of time. And honestly, if you're not willing to practice everyday, maybe you just don't really want it. Haha, this is what my parents tell me...

I'm someone who is expected by my teachers to do well in every single subject I take, and I want to do well, and please them, too.

The truth of the matter is, working hard enough to please everybody is actually hugely stressful and there's almost too much pressure to handle, particularly when, as a teenager, I also want to have a social life. All in all, it's been very hard on me. I've made myself ill, I've spent many a time crying over something completely stupid about my schoolwork because it got too much.

I expect this girl you talk about is going through a lot of the same stuff I did (depending on yours and her age. Because, lets face it normal schoolwork is not as crucial as the GCSEs I'm taking). Getting perfect test scores is a heck of a lot harder than it looks, and sometimes it's just not worth all the stress. Don't envy her as much as you do. And, if you really want to be as good as her, you can't just expect something to happen, you have to work darn hard to get there.

But, honestly, if I could go back, I wouldn't have put myself through all that. My best advice is not to compare yourself to anyone else. There will always be somwbody better than you at one thing, but you will be much better than others at something else. It's about pleasing yourself, living up to your own expectations, not the expectations placed upon somebody else.

Wow, that is too weird, because there was a girl last year at my school who's nickname was 'Cherry' and she played both the flute and piano. But she was a senior and graduated last year, so I doubt it's the same person. But it's still weird all the same, lol.

I think you're overlooking the fact of what she does to get there.. It seems like you only have like one side of the story where you believe she's miss perfect, miss happy life, miss everything is easy for you. Because like that, you never know if her outside life could be like miserable or horrible or anything. So don't believe everyone has it good. :unsure:

Her life is probably isn't good as you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must overcome her in a duel to the death.I suggest training for forty days and forty nights in a barren landscape with no resources that will make it easier,and wild animals constantly trying to ea you for dinner.

Once you have completed the task, you will be able to fight.
I completely agree. I shall heed your advice.

No, I'm kidding. But thanks you guys- for the support, but please- could I have study tips? I really wish I knew how to study properly...

Just be yourself. It's hard being jelous. I know because my sister has the absolute perfect life, and I don't. Just be nice, talk to lots of people to make yourself more popular, and don't try to be anything your not. And try not to hate this girl, it's hard but be nice to her. As for studying, well, just try your hardest!

If she beats you at everything, she's obviously better than you.
Not true. Not true at all.

If we're talking academics, just because she gets some higher scores than you doesn't mean she's smarter than you. It could, but it doesn't necessarily have to.

Some people get really stressed out when they have to take a test and break under pressure. Sometimes you just can't remember certain things that seemed easy before.

There's a girl in my grade who beat me overall by half a point. I had a 98.1 average and she had a 98.6 average. I beat her in some things, and she beat me in others. She got a few points higher in gym, I got a point higher in science. I'm usually the highest average, but she just beat me by that much this year. I realized that I hadn't been trying as hard as I could have because I'd never really had that competition before.

Competition can bring out the best and the worst in people. But because you are in a bit of a duel with this girl, you will try harder and get your own personal best scores. Try your very best.

Study hard. Take note of all the things you need to know for tests. Practice hard, and you can beat her. I know you can.

three suggestions from me:

try a THUMB WAR (if your good at it that is, then go for it.)

challenge her to a game of YELLOW CAR (if you get the chance)

maybe a STARING CONTEST (if your good, it couldn't hurt!)

you never know.

something simple could go a long way.

Get over it.

I know I sound harsh but why are you trying to be "better" than her? It makes no sense...

And shes not perfect, nobody is, She's gotta suck at something...

That, is jealousy my friend. You can never be perfect in all ways possible. People are good with a lot of things, and others are good with, well, other things.

That, is jealousy my friend.
No, not necessarily.

I know because I was in a very similar situation in eighth grade this past year. I was more frustrated with myself for not being the best that I could be. I'm sure that if she just applied herself more and tried to the very best of her ability that she could surpass this girl in some things.

I AM NOT JEALOUS. I simply want to beat her. I do not like her, or like what she has, I simply want to beat her at something. Just BECAUSE. But hey, haters gonna hate, so all you haters who think I'm jealous, go ahead, troll away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back