How do you talk / sound like in real life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

Reaction score
Exactly what the title says !

I sound like a disaster when I talk.

I squeak and giggle and act like a girlie for someone who's told she has a manly voice. ;3

And another thing. I skip all the T's in a word and replace them with D's or N's.

So if I had to say " Toronto, " what I usually say is " Torono. "

People who're annoyed by it tend to make me repeat the words until I get them right. I never do. :|

I call it a " Wannabe American " accent.

Now, post away. :]

I have a pretty neutral American accent. Sometimes I talk really fast, which is supposedly some Manhattan thing. XD

I do the same thing though, +[ b r u t a l]+, I would say 'Torono' too.

Well, I have a bit of a "Farmers" accent, but slightly. People with "neutral" accents think of it as replacing the long "O" sound with "eh or uh" sounds. Like instead of "Your" I say it like "yer" and instead of "Mosquito", I say "'Skeeter"

And I've been told I can't say the long "e" sound correctly, that it sounds like a short "I" sound. Like "remember" sounds like "Rih-mehm-bur"

I also have a lot of trouble pronouncing my H sounds. I've been trying a lot harder to lately, but it's hard for me. Like instead of saying "Hippo" I say "Ippo".

And I'd ramble on and on, but yeah. This post sounds dumb enough as is. Long story short, my accent's an annoying one. YAY ME~!

I talk pretty fast. My accent... I don't know. Sounds fine to me. It's hard to describe? But, one things noticable; when I'm pretty mad, I grumble. Like, as in, my accent suddenly turns into me slurring my words, and I talk like I was just hit in the jaw; "I talk like 'is, 'n it get annoyin' ta talk ta meh."

I guess I have a Canadian accent but it's a little different because my dad lived in England for 3 years before i was born, so I kind of have a bit of a British accent too.

Sometimes I talk really fast, and skip parts of words. Like if I want to say "can you give me some of your cake?" it'll sound like "C'you give me summa your cake?" lol.

I have an Australian accent which sounds a tad Russian :)

I talk at a normal pace but when I'm speaking in front of large audiences I tend to speak a lot faster.

And another thing. I skip all the T's in a word and replace them with D's or N's. So if I had to say " Toronto, " what I usually say is " Torono. "

People who're annoyed by it tend to make me repeat the words until I get them right. I never do. :|

I call it a " Wannabe American " accent.
I am very much the same. :3

People don't understand why I talk the way I do. For the most part I sound English but there is definately an American twang in there. I get told that I talk weird. xD

I don't have those posh-like English accents, btw. Mine isn't like Robert Pattinson's or the Queen's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an american accent, I guess. Sometimes it's southern american, mostly when i'm vacationing there. haha. but I say a lot of words differently. I don't know how to explain it. Oh, & I say the word "like" every like five words. My mom yells at me but, I don't honestly care.

I guess I have a Canadian accent. I speak pretty fast and quietly so people are always like "what did you say?". I say 'Torono' too, or sometimes even 'Trono' haha. I don't really know how to describe how I speak. I tend to say 'like' 'um' and 'aiyaa' a lot : P

British accent FTW. I really don't know how else to describe it. XD

I like to say "ah" at the end of my sentences. Like Cheese in Foster's. "Yess-ah". Or "Okay-yah".

Not a high voice, but not a really deep voice... Kinda somewhere in the middle. And I talk fast! 100% New Yorker. And proud.

As far as accent, I guess I just have a normal American accent. My voice isn't very high pitched, but it's not super low either, and i guess it can vary. Like my voice gets a lot higher when i talk to little kids than it is when i talk to my friends. It's weird, it seems like i have a lot of voices that i use at different times. I do say "like" sometimes in my sentences, but that's only if I'm having a hard time describing what i'm trying to say.

americannn:) same thing with the "D"s and "N"s for me.

well actually my parents are Scottish but we moved here shortly after i was born

so the accent never stuck with me (i only had it until i went to kindergarten)

Awful. I have a very high, babyish weird voice. I was shocked when I heard my real voice for the very first time. I'm a disaster, and some people don't talk to me because of that.

Well, mine's a bit odd. It's English sounding for the most part. I'm from Dorset, and I'd say I'm well spoken; I don't have the native Dorset country accent-- nobody really does anymore, except for farmers and such, because very few people in England stay where they grew up, so most people's parents are from other places.

As it happens, mine are from South Africa, as am I. I've lived here for so long that my accent is British, but it has the occasional sound, often on particular words, of a SA/Aussie/New Zealand twang to it.

Apparently 'cake' is one of those words. My friends giggle whenever I say it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back