Help me out?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirl9406

Reaction score
This past Friday, I got my tonsils out.

Day 1 was okay, I slept most of it. All I could eat was Jello and Gatorade. Pain was a 3.

Day 2 was a little worse. My mouth was really swollen. I managed to eat soup. Pain was a 5.

Day 3 was painful; but I took my pain meds and was able to eat half a piece of Domino's pizza and part of a cupcake for my Mom's birthday. Pain was a 7.

Day 4 was the worst. Eating and drinking were the worst things in the world. I felt sick to my stomach all day. And I slept through it. Pain was a 10.

Day 5 I was able to last all day without pain meds. I ate toast and rice. I started coughing; and a piece of a scab (gross!) came off. Pain was a 3.

Day 6 (Today) I ate this green pepper steak stuff and only took half of one pain pill. Pain was a 2-4.

For anyone who got them out before, does it just get better from now? I'm 15, almost 16. I'm really hungry, but I'm worried I'll mess something up if I try to eat.

Any tips or ideas of how much longer this should last?

Thanks!

I haven't had my tonsils out myself, but it sounds like you're over the worst of it now.

Of course it gets better! Lots of people have their tonsils out, and they're fine like.. a week after.

You should try to eat, you might end up collapsing if you don't eat enough.

popsicles are GREAT to have, ik what your going through! also, try macoroni and other pastas.

goood luck! (check out my new post!!! click under my post next oldest)

[SIZE=8pt]I got mine out when I was ten. It wasn't painfull for me except maybe when I ate solids.[/SIZE]

Dairy Queen was my best friend. I ate ice cream and popsicles.

It gets better, I promise . =)

The pain lasted for two-three weeks for me. But, After the first week, it's nothing --- but if you swallow it hurts.

Hoped that helped !

Ouch ! Sounds painful. I hope you're feeling better. <3

What you could have done is eat more food than usual before the tonsillectomy.. good to know.

Chew soft foods, drink plenty of fluids, and rest well. :]

I might need to have my tonsils out, so I don't know yet, but I've heard that swallowing mouthfuls of ice-cream without chewing it really helps. I can imagine that it would too. At the moment I am actually suffering tonsillitis, and my throat burns every time I swallow. Is that what you had? My throat is bright red, swollen and burns really bad. I'd like to know what your symptoms were so I'll know if I need to see a doctor.

Thanks you guys!

I'm feeling about normal again. :puroperatchi: I can talk and eat real food; just a little bit harder to swallow sometimes. :/

But thanks for all the advice you guys! I couldn't eat ice cream though. :/ It would get stuck on the healing parts and make more mucous. Grossss! Lol.

@monkeez_cutiez: I think you should go to the doctor anyways. I'm not sure what I even had. For the past 2 years I've been sick. My doctors have jumped around walking pneumonia, strep throat, tonsillitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, and other throat and respiratory infections. Over the summer, I got sinus surgery done. It didn't really solve my problems, but it did give me a cleaner feeling. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back