More Fun to Connect Tama-Go w/ Tama-Go...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolTama

Reaction score
I just started a Music Star, my first one (I know, took me forever, right? :D ). What can I say? I'm old-school. :D I finally got my Tama-Go in the mail last week and have been itching to try it out ever since, but I've been too busy so far (I'll get around to it soon, I'd really love to log my experiences). Getting another Tama-Go is an option because I've never had 2 Tamagotchis that are compatible to connect via IR. However, I know that Tama-Gos are also compatible with Music Stars. So what do you guys think? Is it worth it to get a second Tama-Go even though I have a Music Star? This may be a silly question (especially since we've been in the Connection world for 6 years now and I seem to be the only one out of the loop :p ) but I'm genuinely curious to know if there is a big difference between connecting two Tama-Gos vs. a Tama-Go with a Music Star. Are there game-play/character differences? Advantages? Disadvantages? Personal experiences? Thoughts? References? Any information would be much appreciated. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 tama-gos and connecting is rather borring, on game the either have an eating contest or the bowl, on visit they just visit with eachother and bond, not musch to do,... so its rather boring...

for maiting purposes I think you should get another. the v6 option is pretty minimal :blink:

I'd say go for another tama-go! It is usually a lot more fun to connect two of the same version than different versions! :blink:

@chrispilot2293: Do you have experience connecting a Tama-Go with a Music Star (or other) and would you say that it's less "boring" (it's all relative, really :angry: ) to do the latter? Would the connection games be the same (as if you were to connect 2 Tama-Go) if you did Tama-Go with Music Star?

@tamame20: Yes, I think I am speaking mainly about mating purposes, although chrispilot2293 brings up a good point regarding what happens when you do connect the 2, before mating (games, the bonding process, what characters you get, etc.). Speaking of what characters you get, what I mean is that I have read that when you connect 2 different Tamagotchis, if one adult character is unavailable on the other, it would show up as a Nazotchi as a sort of default character. Is that what would happen if I did Tama-Go with Music Star?

@lolokotchi:): Yes, I have heard that to be so. :huh:

Thanks for everyone's input! Keep 'em coming! :angry:

Speaking of what characters you get, what I mean is that I have read that when you connect 2 different Tamagotchis, if one adult character is unavailable on the other, it would show up as a Nazotchi as a sort of default character. Is that what would happen if I did Tama-Go with Music Star?
Not necessarily. One of the really neat features about the Tama-Go is that some characters that are unobtainable on the Tama-Go (such as Androtchi and Togetchi) actually appear as their character forms instead of Nazotchi when connecting! I find this feature brilliant, as no other Tamagotchi has allowed this to happen before. I have a feeling that this may have something to do with the Gotchi Figures, however.

As I only have 1 Tama-Go and I haven't gotten around to putting batteries back in my Music Star, I won't be able to give you a very good comparison when connecting the two. However, I believe that the means of connection and mating would be very similar throughout both versions. Although, you might want to consider the versions themselves. Many people disliked the Music Star, so that might put you off running it to a stage where it is able to mate.

Overall, I'd recommend just sticking with what you have for now. If you end up really enjoying the Tama-Go as a Tamagotchi, I'd definitely recommend getting another one! But if you would be buying another Tama-Go simply for connection, I wouldn't bother. Tama-Go's can also connect to V5 and V5.5/V5 Celebrity Tamagotchi, giving a wider variety of options for mating. :huh:

The 2 tama-gos games are the same as if you connect to a v5/5.5 or Music Star, the only reason you need a second is if you REALLY want one or if You want to mate, but I think the MS and TMGO can mate, but I'm not sure, Mine only mate through Dating Place because I can't ever get them to mate via IR but unless you REALLY want it I would say, its not important

Not necessarily. One of the really neat features about the Tama-Go is that some characters that are unobtainable on the Tama-Go (such as Androtchi and Togetchi) actually appear as their character forms instead of Nazotchi when connecting! I find this feature brilliant, as no other Tamagotchi has allowed this to happen before. I have a feeling that this may have something to do with the Gotchi Figures, however.
Oh really? I had no idea! That IS brilliant, it's always Nazotchi as a placeholder character! This happens for all different characters? When you say it might have something to do with the Gotchi figures, do you mean that you need to have a figure connected in order to carry out this feature when mating or that simply by having the figurine capability in the TMGO, it makes it so that unobtainable characters actually show up on the TMGO?

I've been running my Music Star for a couple of weeks now and I like it (besides the fact that you have to spend almost an unhealthy amount of time online in MC to say, get the secret characters or buy stuff :p )! Maybe it's high time I raise the two together and see what it's like to connect the two, while at the same time, seeing if I like the TMGO as a Tamagotchi, as you said, and go from there. I don't know much about playing with the TMGO yet and for now, I do have to admit that having two appeals to me mainly for connecting (also because I have lots of Amazon credit right now and getting another TMGO is REALLY tempting :angry: ). Thank you very much for your insight! :huh:

The 2 tama-gos games are the same as if you connect to a v5/5.5 or Music Star, the only reason you need a second is if you REALLY want one or if You want to mate, but I think the MS and TMGO can mate, but I'm not sure, Mine only mate through Dating Place because I can't ever get them to mate via IR but unless you REALLY want it I would say, its not important
The MS and TMGO can mate, yes. :angry: Are you saying that your MS+TMGO mate only via Dating Place so far or that you can't get your two TMGO to mate via IR?

What I mean by it involving the Gotchi Figures is that I believe that there will be Gotchi Figures of characters that are not on the Tama-Go (such as Androtchi and Togetchi). In order for these characters to show up on the Tama-Go when you attach their figure and go to their Games/Shops, their sprites need to be in the Tama-Go itself. That is why it registers them as their characters instead of Nazotchi when connecting. This said, it doesn't happen for all characters. :/

I can't get my TMGO's to mate via IR, yes ones a boy and the others a girl
Oh, how strange! Did you make sure they're lined up properly, not connecting in a brightly-lit location, tried pressing the reset button then download and try connecting again, things like this? If a download/reset menu pops up when you try to connect them, this may mean that the battery is low. Have you tried changing the battery? Maybe it has something to do with their bonding level?

What I mean by it involving the Gotchi Figures is that I believe that there will be Gotchi Figures of characters that are not on the Tama-Go (such as Androtchi and Togetchi). In order for these characters to show up on the Tama-Go when you attach their figure and go to their Games/Shops, their sprites need to be in the Tama-Go itself. That is why it registers them as their characters instead of Nazotchi when connecting. This said, it doesn't happen for all characters. :/
So, let me see if I'm understanding correctly (sorry, all this is very new to me :D ). All of what you're saying is just speculation for now? It hasn't been tested out yet? When you said in your first post that Androtchi and Togetchi (which are available on the MS but not on the TMGO), for example, appear on the TMGO as their actual characters, I'm assumed that you meant that the TMGO has this feature currently and that it has been tried, tested, and true. By your reasoning though (that the figurines make this feature possible), how is it possible that this feature exists? Figurines for characters like Androtchi and Togetchi have not been released yet. I think I'm confused because in your first post, you said that the TMGO already has this feature but then in your second post, you said the TMGO WILL have the feature. Which is it?

Let's say I just wanted to do regular old connecting between a MS and TMGO to mate them, figurines and stuff aside. One of my original questions still stands: would an adult character on the MS not available on the TMGO show up as Nazotchi on the TMGO (or do both characters show up on the MS's screen? That's another thing I've always been wondering)?

Haha, it's alright. It's pretty confusing - I'm not sure if I understand what I'm talking about half of the time. ^_^ :

Yes, I am assuming it has to do with the Gotchi Figures, but there is reason for that. In this topic on Tama-Zone, a member connected their Tama-Go to their two Music Stars and both Androtchi and Togetchi appeared as themselves on their Tama-Go. Another member connected their Tama-Go to their Sebiretchi Music Star, and Sebiretchi did not show up. So why would some characters show up and others not?

That is why I believe that the Gotchi Figures will have something to do with it. I believe that the character sprites for Androtchi and Togetchi are in the Tama-Go themselves, and not in the figures. So that when the figures are released, when attached, Androtchi and Togetchi can be displayed.

Let's say I just wanted to do regular old connecting between a MS and TMGO to mate them, figurines and stuff aside. One of my original questions still stands: would an adult character on the MS not available on the TMGO show up as Nazotchi on the TMGO (or do both characters show up on the MS's screen? That's another thing I've always been wondering)?
So to answer your question, some characters will show up in their form, some will show up as Nazotchi. :ichigotchi:

Ahh, I see. So it has been discussed on T-Z. Unfortunately, it has done little to clear my confusion although I'm slowly seeing more and more of where you're coming from. :) You mentioned that if the Androtchi and Togetchi figures are released, their characters will be displayed on the TMGO when it mates with the MS. If this is the case, how come they appeared anyway when the OP on T-Z tried it out (without figures, obviously)? You mentioned that they are available within the TMGO itself (hence, your theory of why the TMGO is so big, to accommodate more pixels=more characters), so why isn't that done for all? Even if figures for Androtchi and Togetchi are released in the future, what would be the point (besides having the extra games and items, etc.) if they're already in the TMGO? Who knows? That is a very good question-why some characters show up and some don't. It seems kind of random to me. Interesting. Oh, and when you say "displayed," do you mean that the character shows up on the friend list, the actual main screen, or perhaps both?

Anyone else have an opinion on whether it's more "fun" (it's all relative, I suppose) to mate/bond/connect a MS+TMGO vs. TMGO+TMGO? I appreciate all the feedback, folks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back