Surgery

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirl9406

Reaction score
So, have you guys ever gotten surgery? What kind did you get? How did you feel after it? How long did recovery take?

I've had a couple done, I'll explain 'em later on. I don't really have the time right now. :puroperatchi:

I've had about six surgeries in my life, actually. For my ears.

I've never known what exactly is wrong with my ears, and to this day, I still don't know. But every year or so, I have to get a surgery. I think I might be done with it now? But who knows...

My last surgery was five months ago. It doesn't take long for me to recover, just a few hours to get my ears unpopped or unplugged after the surgery, and I feel like crap for a few days after.

But meh. Nothing too serious.

i had two teeth removed because i was born with extra (special dentist term is supernumory) and they were surgically removed but my teeth got all crooked after that

Yep when i was about 2 months

it was for my leucemia. they had to put a tube inside me for me to breath then when i was cured i had to get it out so more surgery

Nope, i've been lucky so far with that. Never had to get surgery for anything, which i'm so happy about because i'm scared to death of it.

The only surgery I got was a small one.

Got my tounsils out when I was ten =)

Honestly, I was scared back then, but if I had gotten told that I needed tounsils out, I'd be pretty excited . First surgery ! =DD

When I was a little kid, I had sores under my eyes and I had to get surgery to take them out. And a few years ago, the dermatologist had to take out a part of my skin that got darker, in case it was cancer. I don't know if that counts as surgery, though.

No, and I'm incredibly lucky for it.

Surgeries, blood, hospitals.. I'm terrified of them all. -____-

Edit; Though I have had periodontal surgery before. But, it might not count. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've had surgery, mostly minor, except for when I was 19 and had to have my right ovary removed. I've had my tonsils out, wisdom teeth extracted( I had to be totally out for that), Pre-cancerous moles removed, and surgery to fix my right ankle, which still has the plates and pins inside. That happened when I was 9. That one took the longest to recover from, about 6 weeks. All others I recovered very quickly from, usually within two weeks. Oops!! I almost forgot about cataract eye surgery back in 2004. They did one eye at a time, over a one month period, removing and replacing the lens, then Lasik afterward. Recovery time was one week per eye. It took two weeks for my sight to stabilize at 20/25. It was totally painless, but the only bothersome thing was I had to wear a patch on the eye until the doctor removed it the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2006 I got hit by an SUV Vehicle. I was going to school riding my bike and I got trapped between two cars in the middle of the street, and this guy comes FLYING down the hill and slams right into me. My bike was totaled and I broke my leg in 5 different places. I had to get 13 screws and a plate in my leg.

I still have the plate and screws in my leg and the surgery took a good 3 hours I do believe. I had to learn how to walk all over again and it was hell in a cell for a good 5 months on my end. VERY Horrible part of my life; I still walk with a slight limp.

i got my tonsils taken out about four months ago, it took me about 2 weeks to recover. but it was worth it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back