Facing Death

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeez_cutiez

Reaction score
Ok, there are little bits in the middle where I have added a note saying that more needs to be added there, but I can't quite think of anything creative yet. Otherwise, enjoy (or try to)

JJ P.O.V

I've never experienced so much pain in my life. It hurts so much. I wish I was dead. I hope the baby's ok. Will will be devastated if his daughter has died before she's born. But now, I just want to be with Siyrah again. I doubt the team will find me before the pain kills me. I wish I hadn't come on this raid. Because then I wouldn't be lying here, bleeding to death, thinking suicidal thoughts. I think this is the end.

"I've found her!" I heard Hotch's voice fill the room. I pulled my hand away from my wounds for the first time, and looked at it. My skin was bright red and wet. That was a lot of blood. I couldn't breathe. Hotch leaned down and spoke to me.

"JJ, you're going to be fine. You hear me?" he asked, but I couldn't respond. The pain was eating at me inside, killing me. Slowly. Then I remembered something I had to tell Hotch.

"I need...you to know...that I'm...pregnant," I struggled. Suddenly my body was convulsing and I could not control it. There was blood gushing out of my mouth. I could taste it. Hotch was yelling for help and trying to hold me down at the same time. But there was nothing he could do. I was dying in his arms.

Hotch P.O.V

"I need help in here!" I yelled. JJ's blood covered my arms. She was pale and her temperature was dropping by the minute. Just as I was about to yell again, Prentiss came through the doorway.

"Oh my god!" she cried, turning white. I didn't blame her. JJ's blood literally soaked every surface. I was betting on close to 3 pints were gone.

"Emily, call 911," I instructed. She nodded, flipped open her phone and stepped outside. Morgan ran through the doorway and nearly fainted.

"Where the hell is the son of a b**** who did this to her?!" he yelled. I tried to motion for him to calm down, but he already had his gun out and was heading out the door. Prentiss came back in.

"The medics are on the way. Reid and Rossi will point them here," she told me. I nodded.

"Hold on JJ. Hold on," I whispered, holding her lifeless body in my arms.

Emily P.O.V

I watched Hotch holding JJ. Her blood was all over his hands, his clothes. Her honey blonde hair was matted with red. It looked like she had lost too much blood to stand a chance of survival.

"Excuse me," said the voice of one of the medics. They entered the room, Reid and Rossi right behind them.

"Is she diabetic, epileptic, or suffering from any other long term conditions?" the other medic asked. Hotch didn't respond.

"Sir?" the medic persisted.

"She's pregnant," Hotch muttered. I couldn't hide my shock. If the baby had survived, it would be a miracle.

"Ok. Bag her," instructed the first medic. The other guy pulled out a hyperventilant bag and began to breathe for JJ. Hotch stepped back. I couldn't watch. My friend was dying in front of me.

Hotch P.O.V

I sat in the waiting room at the hospital. The others had gone to get something to eat. I was waiting to hear JJ's fate. I looked up from the floor to see a doctor walking towards me.

"Jennifer Jareau?" he asked. I stood up.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Miss Jareau lost a lot of blood. Her injuries were extremely severe, and we have temporarily repaired the damage. She's scheduled for surgery on Friday morning, when we hope she will be stronger. I have put her on a transfusion," he told me. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is she going to die?" I asked, expressing the thought that was pressing on my mind. The doctor's face hardened.

"At the moment, it's a 50/50 chance. Everything we do will be very touch and go, until she's out of the danger zone. I will do everything in my power to make sure she lives through this. I also need to tell you something else. We did everything in our power possible, but her injuries were just too extensive to her lower abdomen. The embryo didn't survive," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Can I see her?" I asked. I felt numb. The doctor nodded, and led me to JJ's room. When I walked in the door, I didn't know what to expect. But what I saw was the tiny blonde we all knew and loved, lying on the bed, hooked up to machines that were keeping her alive. Just 7 hours earlier, JJ had been on the phone, yelling at some news reporter. Now she was barely alive. It made me want to cry.

Emily P.O.V

I went down the hall towards the waiting area. Turning the corner, I noticed that Hotch was gone. I continued down the hall towards the reception desk, but stopped when I heard Hotch's voice.

"Hotch?" I said gently, walking into the room from where his voice was floating. He was sitting at the edge of JJ's bed, head in his hands, crying. I felt exactly the same way.

"It's ok. JJ might be small, but she's tough. She wouldn't leave without our permission," I said, sitting next to him and placing a hand on Hotch's shoulder. He looked up.

"It's not just that. It's the fact that I can't believe this bastard got away with what he's done to her," he said, his voice becoming stronger. I nodded.

"I know what you mean," I replied. I heard a noise behind me and turned to see Will standing in the doorway. He was crying. Hotch and I both stood up.

"We can leave, if you like?" Hotch asked. Will nodded. I leaned down and scooped up Henry. The youngster laughed, his beautiful voice filling us and lifting our spirits.

"Come on Henry, let's get some Jell-O, hey?" I said, knowing he couldn't reply. But I didn't care. I already felt better, and it was all thanks to JJ's 19 month old son.

Will P.O.V

I sat by JJ's bed and held her hand. Her skin was cool, but not so cold I'd think she was dead. Her chest rose and fell in time with the ventilator. The monitor next to her bed beeped a steady rhythm, showing me that this time really had been a close shave. I couldn't believe that someone had done this. I felt sick. If I ever got hold of this guy, I was going to kill him with my bare hands. The doctor came into the room as I was sitting there, and walked over to me.

"Are you her fiance` or something?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Sort of. I have proposed, but we're still workin' some stuff out," I replied. The doctor looked solemn.

"I'm sorry, but I need to tell you some bad news. I'm Dr Harper, by the way," he said. I nodded.

"You knew that Miss Jareau was pregnant?" Harper asked. I looked up quickly.

"No," I responded, trying not to look as shocked as I knew I did.

"Well, the baby didn't survive the extensive injuries to Miss Jareau's lower abdomen. I'm am very sorry," he said, helping me back into my chair. I tried not to totally lose it. A knock at the door made me turn and see Hotch, Emily, Morgan and Henry there.

"Hey," I said softly. Emily walked over and put Henry in my lap. He giggled. Then he stuck his tongue out. It was bright red.

"Now what have you eaten?" I asked, a small smile creeping onto my face. Emily grinned.

"Red Jell-O," she replied. It wasn't a funny statement, but the way Emily said it made everyone laugh. A soft moan from my right caught my attention. I turned to see JJ beginning to wake up.

"Ok, I'll be right back," Harper said, leaving, but returning with another doctor just as quickly. Harper moved around to the other side of the bed and placed one hand across JJ's mouth and the other around the tube. The other doctor put his hand on one of the buttons on the ventilator.

"Ready?" Harper asked. The other guy nodded.

"...Go!" he exclaimed, yanking the tube out of JJ's throat. The other doctor turned off the ventilator. JJ coughed hard, and almost choked. Then she turned her head to me.

"...Will," she struggled, her voice weak and raspy. I smiled and placed one hand on hers.

"It's ok. You're safe now," I told her, trying not to cry. It was a miracle that she was alive.

Morgan P.O.V

Start compressions

Can we get a line in?

No airway, let's intubate

Get the crash cart!

BP's dropping rapidly

Get the friends and family out!

Charging at 150...Clear!

This was all I could hear. Shortly after JJ had woken up, she had crashed. Her heart had flatlined and she had just fallen unconscious. I watched as her body jack-knifed off of the bed. A beep, and then the drone of a flat line. I had to leave. I couldn't watch JJ die. But maybe I already had.

Rossi P.O.V

I never really had a conversation with Jennifer. She was always rushing around, getting rid of the media. But now as I sat with the team, I wished I'd made time between cases to talk to her. Get to know her. It could now be too late.

"You all look terribly exhausted," said a voice. I looked up and saw the doctor from earlier.

"I never introduced myself. I'm Benjamin Harper. You can call me Ben or Harper," he said, extending his hand. We all shook it.

"Is Jennifer going to be ok?" I asked.

"We restarted her heart. It's all very touch and go at the moment, her condition is so critical. Anything we do will have to be done with extreme caution," he told us. I dropped my head into my hands. "But you can see her now...again," he said, looking confused. We followed into the room. JJ was not awake. The monitor beeped rhythmically, her heart battered and ragged after what it had been through. I could not stay. It hurt too much.

Reid P.O.V

As we left the hospital that night, I never thought that we wouldn't come back to see her. But we didn't. We got case after case after case. And we were overwhelmed. I missed JJ, but we had to concentrate on our job. I only hoped that leaving her didn't mean she would die.

JJ P.O.V

I could see my team, standing there. They were trying to tell me something. I tried to call out, but no words would leave my mouth. Then suddenly, the UnSub who attacked me was right there, brandishing a knife. I began to scream. I heard a voice.

"Shh, it's ok. You're ok,". I opened my eyes slowly to find myself lying in a warm bed. Will was right next to me.

"It's alright Jayje. He can't hurt you again", he told me, holding my hand in his own. I only hoped that was true. I let tears run down my face.

"I was so scared," I sobbed, as Will leaned forward and held me.

"It's alright. I won't let you get hurt again," he reassured me. Being with Will felt safe, but not safe enough. I let all my tears run down my face. The doctor came in and lifted my bed up, so I was sitting. Will gripped my hand tightly.

"Where's Henry?" I choked. Will's face softened a little.

"He went home with Garcia and Emily. They'll take him to Kayla's tomorrow morning, and she'll bring him here. I bet he wants to see you," he told me, starting to smile. I returned it with a watery grin.

Emily P.O.V

Henry lay quietly on the bed, his chest rising and falling. The youngster had fallen alseep quickly. Thank god he hadn't seen JJ in her state earlier. That was not what I needed right now, to be dealing with nightmares. I flicked the light off, went to my room, changed, and climbed under the covers. I fell asleep so quickly, I barely even thought about what had happened before sleeping.

Will P.O.V

I sat in the cafe` at the hospital, thinking. Planning ways to kill this guy. I would get Garcia to hunt him down, then I would take to him with an assault rifle. Because what he had done could never be forgiven.

"Mr Jareau?" I heard a voice.

"La...LaMontagne actually. We're not married," I said, extending my hand. "Where is Dr Harper?" I asked.

"He went home. He never works nights, unless he's on an emergency. I'm Dr Tuscan. No, I'm not from Tuscany, and that was a bad joke," he said, shaking my hand. I laughed. At least this guy had a good sense of humour. I was broken from my laugh by a yell from downstairs. Tuscan literally sprinted down the stairs, with me close on his tail. When we reached the emergency room, there was a doctor standing outside JJ's door. I almost crumpled to the floor, but Tuscan had a tight grip on my shoulder.

"What happened?" he asked. The younger doctor replied.

"She had a severe drop in vitals. Her heart is suffering from a murmur and constant arrhythmias. I don't think she'll survive the rest of the night," he said. I froze. JJ couldn't die. She was the most beautiful, smartest woman I had ever been with for a period of time. And she had had my child. Henry couldn't be left without a mother. I couldn't care about the rest of the world. I would kill to keep JJ alive. I collapsed on the floor and started yelling, tears running down my face. I wanted to smash something. But that wouldn't keep JJ from her fate.

Reid P.O.V

I love JJ. I'd scream it from the rooftops. But Will is a great guy. We were working on a case in the BAU room when we got a call from Will. The word was that JJ may not survive the night. That was when I just got up, left and went to the men's room. I was about to punch a hand through the mirror, when Morgan was there. No words were needed. He was reassuring me.

6 Weeks Later

Emily P.O.V

"Are we looking at possible homicides?" Hotch asked us. I looked at the file. Then looked at Hotch.

"Four fourteen year old girls just commit suicide on one night, at the same time? I think that's too much of a coincidence," I said. Hotch nodded.

"I agree," he replied.

"So do I," said a voice from the door. I turned to see JJ standing there.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, jumping up and hugging her. I let go. She was smiling. Her face looked like it had healed well. There were only a few noticeable scratches here and there. Her hair had been cut slightly, as the blood had stained the lower length to the point where it wouldn't wash out. She looked so much better. I told her so.

"I feel much better too. I was really lucky," she replied, pulling me into another hug, then turning and hugging the rest of the team. I couldn't believe it. It was almost as though nothing had happened.

JJ P.O.V

I felt much better, back with my team. But I didn't want to tell them about the nightmares and anxiety sickness I kept having. Hotch would already know, because of the psych eval, but I didn't want the rest of the team to know.

"JJ, can I speak to you in my office?" he asked. The team looked at me. I nodded. We walked out of the BAU room into his office. Hotch took his seat behind the desk.

"JJ, you know I had to do a hell of a lot of convincing so that Strauss would let you come back," he told me.

"I know," I replied, sitting down.

"I want you to be sure that this anxiety isn't going to get in the way of your work, and that you are ready to be back," Hotch said, looking at me with concern.

"Hotch, I get sick all the time when I'm at home, because I know that he can track me there. But not here, or anywhere else. I know I'm ready," I said defiantly.

"Alright," Hotch replied. I only hoped I wasn't lying to myself to convince Hotch that I was fine. Because deep down, I wasn't fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back