What version...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorRosette

Reaction score
Okay... I'm sure I narrowed it down between V1 and V2.... But I DO NOT know what games are currently on it. I JUST bought this online.... Hasn't been shipped yet either. So.... I'm asking now because I'm really not sure. Maybe one of you can help....

https://i52.tinypic.com/ou71bb.jpg

This is one of the Tamas I just bought... I'm thinking it might be a V1 based on the background... I tried looking for shells of V1 and V2 but there really doesn't look like I found any.

Anyone own one to tell me what version this is? Please veiw the image link I've posted.

it is a v2, it has a connection, and i saw it on ebay and that is the exact same! :)

Um... You sure? I mean of the 2004 and up not the orginal tamas of 1996/1997. I have a pair of them. (Those are the P1/P2 people are talking of.)

V1 also had a connection port as well.... Not beginning with a V2...

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a feeling that it's a V1. Normally, I can't really tell the difference for sure between a V1 and V2 until I have a look at what games they have (which you are probably going to do once you get it :) ) but my very rudimentary way of distinguishing them is by the fact that V1s usually have simpler, sometimes less "colorful" and flashy designs than the V2s, which is the case for this one. Also, I noticed that the key chain on yours is not the regular ring kind, but the ball kind and that is characteristic of some (not all) V1s. I also agree with you about the background because I've seen V1s that have the exact same background. It would be hard to find the exact same shell sometimes because there are so many different shells and individual country's versions out there.

I also have a feeling that it's a V1.  Normally, I can't really tell the difference for sure between a V1 and V2 until I have a look at what games they have (which you are probably going to do once you get it :) ) but my very rudimentary way of distinguishing them is by the fact that V1s usually have simpler, sometimes less "colorful" and flashy designs than the V2s, which is the case for this one.  Also, I noticed that the key chain on yours is not the regular ring kind, but the ball kind and that is characteristic of some (not all) V1s.  I also agree with you about the background because I've seen V1s that have the exact same background.  It would be hard to find the exact same shell sometimes because there are so many different shells and individual country's versions out there.
Well that isn't the direct one I bought. The picture that was supplied wasn't very clear (To see the full design anyway)... So I found one that I was sure the same design. Most V1s I've seen have little or nothing on the shell but a plain color/ clear/ glitter....

I've had a feeling it was a V1 too... Thats why I asked. Since most of them are rare/costly right now. I plan on checking the games as soon as its possible. But my gut said a V1 looking at the number background... I've found it on other V1s I've found.

Otherwise, if its a V2, thats okay. Thats two more to my collection.

Guys! Two V1s! For $6! Then 3 shipping! YAY!

Then my other package came, a P1 and my Giga Dog. Whooo! I got SU lucky... Those were for roughly $3 for both! and 3 shipping for those.

Congrats! Yeah, Ebay is a lifesaver when it comes to collecting more of the vintage ones and we get them for so cheap too! Hope you enjoy them. :p

I'm thinking about buying a P1 or P2 Tamagotchi, I found a gold colored one in English. :p
I'd be careful with the gold ones, especially if you're buying to play. It's gold paint, not the actual color of the shell, of course, and over time, it can get pretty nasty-looking and banged up. Gold paint is very touchy on all gold Tamagotchis I've seen.

I'd be careful with the gold ones, especially if you're buying to play. It's gold paint, not the actual color of the shell, of course, and over time, it can get pretty nasty-looking and banged up. Gold paint is very touchy on all gold Tamagotchis I've seen.
Ditto!

I have both a P1 and P2. They are both great... But when you get one... It doesn't really matter what language you get as if you get the basic Tamagotchi ways. They are pretty simple.

OTHERWISE.... I LOVE them. I have batteries in all my pets I recieved today. They all work perfectly and the V1s are in near perfect condition for being used. The others too are in pretty good condition for being atleast 10-13 years old.

Where did you purchase your V1s, if you don't mind me asking? Did you use Ebay?
Ebay. Normally that is where I buy stuff...

I turned on my other Tamas that I THOUGHT were V2s.... Omg... They ARE V1s.... I swear I had a V1.... Jeeze... Its V1s.... The V2s added the shop. Once I looked at the games and such... I was like...

I'm SO confused.... frankly, still am....

So its the V2 I guess I don't have.... The games are the same as my "newish" V1s and V2 has Dance and Bump.... (I think Bump) based I what I saw after I as trying to figure out why I was so confused...

A While back I guess my confusion lead me to think I had V2s. The hint SHOULD have been the Mimitchi in the O in TamaGotchi...... Jeeee.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back