ANNOYANCE!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oranjjoose

Reaction score
so it seems like almost every topic ive posted has to be corrected, or ill be ordered around to do what they would prefer.

so i replied to my own topic. i meant to reply, it was a different statement.

im not sure why things here have to be specific to the point of being un-fun to even write anything here.

is it my age that youre getting at me because of, or the fact that i want to sell my tamas to someone directly living in manhattan?? (now, i bet this will be sent somewhere else cause i said the word trade..)

i see ppl making copies of older topics. how are you guys allowed? IS THERE SOME SPECIAL THING GOING AROUND HERE THAT IM NOT A PART OF??

please, correct this one too. order me on what i should do with MY TOPIC, PLEASE! i know itll happen im just waiting.

so whats wrong with my topic now??

I think you believe that somehow the mistakes you're making on TamaTalk are being corrected because we have a personal thing against you.

That's not an unusual reaction, but I can assure you that it's not personal :)

We ask everyone to familiarise themselves with the site rules and to try to follow them ^_^

If your topics are being moved, it's probably because you posted them in the wrong area. We move topics from one forum to another all the time - I am sure there are plenty of members who have had topics moved :)

I am not quite sure I understand what your age has to do with wanting to trade with someone only in Manhatten and only face to face. That's one I replied to - I haven't checked, but I remember suggesting that you might find members are not allowed to meet up with a stranger in Manhatten or NYC. I was trying to post a helpful comment for you and any others who might not have thought about it. Internet safety is a real priority when this site is open to all ages - including under 13yrs. It was not intended to be anything other than useful info.

Finally, as for your concerns over replying to your own topic instead of editing your post, making copies of older topics that you think others can do and you cannot, all I can suggest is that you do what everyone else has done:

Visit the Users Guide to TamaTalk forum area and have a read through some of the topics.

The "special" thing that you are worried you're not a part of is only that the other guys have read through the site rules and the useful topics in that forum area and know:

what counts as topic bumping to draw attention to your own thread

what counts as spam (when you keep making copies of the same topic if you didn't get a reply to the first topics)

they know when an old topic should be left alone (how old the topic should be) and when a new one should be made instead

and for the most part,

they know what to do if they are getting annoyed about stuff :)

Instead of making a topic complaining about it, it's really easy to PM a member of staff if you don't understand why something happened. That's mentioned in the guidelines too :p

Most of us make a point of explaining why a topic has been moved, or why it has been closed or why we are asking you to follow the site rules.

Again, all I can say is that it is nothing personal.

We want you to enjoy your visits to the site and to have fun here - same as every one else and honestly, you will become familiar with the way the site works in time, but it really helps to spend some time reading through the guidelines.

We wrote them to help new members out and to help everyone understand what to do and how to do it.

So... I guess if there is anything I didn't answer, please just either send me a PM and I will do my best to explain it or contact any other member of staff by PM - they will do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just figured, well,

i should put the topic 'mulligan' in the 'what's on your mind' section cause it was on my mind.

iron chef is a very good show, i was expressing what was on my mind literally about what was happening to the cable, a total 30 minutes of loading, over like 3 times.

anyways, i didnt know the 'what's on your mind' section only referred to the tamagotchi topic.

i figured it was for what it was called. my...mistake?? it...confused me??

There's also a description of what the section is all about right below the title when you're looking at the whole thing from the "home" page POV, if you're ever uncertain about where things go. I find those really helpful! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mmhmm. i noticed. thanks for that.

but am i really the only one who finds it weird that its called 'whats on your mind' if it isnt really?

mmhmm. i noticed. thanks for that.but am i really the only one who finds it weird that its called 'whats on your mind' if it isnt really?
No, really you're not the only one who finds it confusing (at first) ... it takes plenty of members a while but if the rest of the forum description is also read:

"A forum for everything about Tamagotchis that doesn't fit into the forums specifically for Tamagotchis.

It is not for unrelated posts about anything - for that, head over to (Non)TamaTalk." then it does explain more clearly - and it is to do with things that are on your mind - tamagotchi related things on your mind :)

WONDERFUL.it should be called 'whats on your tamagotchi mind??' HAHA!!! :lol: :p   :wacko:   :mimitchi:   :p   LOL :D

Maybe you're psychic - there's a topic on the forums you might want to reply to - or vote in the poll: Shoud we re-organise the forums?

One of the proposals is that What's On Your Mind? moves into a Tama-General forum area (as opposed to just "General" - which can be misunderstood)

well, lets see...

whats on your mind...

well, i wouldnt really vote for the one i came up with lol

there are so many different sections to write in, it might be difficult to come up with one that isnt like one thats already made.

i would say im new though old, just left tamatalk for a while.

im usually one to read instructions...like any food box, ill take out or put in the exact amount of sugar grains. so its unusual for me to ignore it, but i did.

and i guess ill try not to.

I really love iron chef. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back