Pretty Sure its a Fake v3...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Monchi~

Reaction score
Well, a few months back... August, maybe? I found a Tamagotchi v3 in a "FREE" box at a garage sale. I wasn't thinking, and it was in pretty good condition except for the screen which had some sticky thingies on it.

Anyway, so I got home. It was a pink v3. I studied it at my desk, and it had an unusually long antenna. It also did not say Tamagotchi Connection. It had a Mametchi and another character. So I tried to open in. The back screw was very mangled and crushed, so I had to pry it open, resulting in it breaking.

The batteries were in the Tamagotchi, but there was 2, and they looked like LR44s. I took the first one out, then the second.

The circuits were brown! I unscrewed the back-back and pryed off the circuit board (that cracked too). The back of the board was the usual green.

Is this a fake? Because after that I wasn't sure if I had just destroyed some rare v3! D:

I would say it is most likely fake if it looked very different from regular versions and I don't ever remember Tamagotchi's taking LR44 batteries, only those watch ones.

I would say it is most likely fake if it looked very different from regular versions and I don't ever remember Tamagotchi's taking LR44 batteries, only those watch ones.
Most of the Ancestor models take LR44 batteries ( Angelgotchi, Santagotchi / Santaclautchi, Mothra, Morino, ect. ).

The newer models ( with the exception of the TMGC + C and the iD ) take 3V-CR2032 batteries.

If you think it may have been a "rare" Tamagotchi, could you maybe give us a picture? Visuals always help. :)

It doesn't sound wholly authentic judging by your description... and to my knowledge there is no rare V3, let alone a rare pink design for it.

It was probably an original, you know, the ones from 1997

It was probably an original, you know, the ones from 1997
From Monchi's description it did sound like an ancestor / original / vintage. The ancestors don't have antennas though.

The first Tamagotchi to have an antenna was the Japanese KeiTai, released in winter of 2004. The first English language Tamagotchi with an antenna was the V3, release on February 18, 2006. :)

The KeiTai:

21344.jpg

The V3:

AAAAAoPtMM4AAAAAAMamow.jpg

The Japanese P1 ( an ancestor) :

01-20.jpg

The English P1:

billfj2.jpg

I got a fake from a garage sale, too, and I immediately knew it was fake and a complete fail, because it had "A" "B" and "C" written underneath the buttons. It also took 2 LR44s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back