Miyazaki Movies!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like the best?

• Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Castle in the Sky

• Kiki's Delivery Service

• Princess Monanoke

• Ponyo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paislypuppy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any movies by Hayao Miyazaki? They're anime movies that started in the 80's and they're really great. I have a Japanese friend who says they were the equivalent of Disney movies in her childhood. I've seen Princess Monanoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Please vote for your favorite and discuss the movies here. ^ ^

OH CHILDHOOD.

Totoro and Howls Moving Castle are my favourites. <3

I kinda like Totoro a little more though, which is the one I voted for.

Miyazaki movies I love ! :)

Let's see. I've seen Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Howl's Moving Castle just a few months ago.

Out of those, I can't decide between Castle in the Sky or Howl's Moving Castle. It's just... I love them both ! :(

And I keep saying I want to see Porco Rosso, but I never get the chance. -_-

I LOVE Spirited Away!!!! <3

Princess Mononoke is also really really good!

Oh my god, I haven't seen Kiki's Delivery Service OR Princess Monanoke in 5 YEARS. o_O I need to watch them again soon. The other two I watched within the past month though. ^ ^

I love the Miyazaki movies! <3

But, I can't pick a favorite. I'm kind of edging toward Kiki's delivery service, but I haven't seen it in forever...

A few years ago I went and rented almost every movie he's made. My favorite is still Totoro, which was my favorite when I was little, but I really like Princess Mononoke too.

The only one I haven't seen yet is Porco Rosso.

Um. I voted for Howl, only because I lurve the titular character. Also, I rly wanna read the book.

The only one I haven't seen yet is Porco Rosso.

Um. I voted for Howl, only because I lurve the titular character. Also, I rly wanna read the book.
The art in Porco Rosso is stunning - I love the way the scenery is drawn. The film is quite good fun too (although a rather weak ending IMO).

As for the book of Howl's Moving Castle, I really recommend it. It's a much better story than the film and has some significant differences to it. The film is great but it's not really a very acurate rendition of the book itself.

^Oh, I heard that the book was better too, but I'm not the most avid reader, so I'll just stick to the movie. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back