What was the last book you bought?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh. The question for me is what were the last books I bought, as in plural. XD The last day I went to buy books (just this past Saturday, actually), I ended up buying a lot. It's because I went to a book sale at my local library, and we were allowed to bring our own bag, fill it up to capacity, and pay only $3.50 for whatever was in that bag. So I went crazy! I bought a ton of literary classics and ended up finding an additional gem: this huge medical dictionary that I've been eying. I'm trying to build up a great book collection, including all the classics I can find, because I dream of having a room reserved for books in my own home someday. That same weekend, I went out and bought The Arabian Nights and Charles Dickens: 5 Novels, which are from the bound classics collection at Barnes and Noble. I can't wait to start on those. I love books and I love reading! :)

Paradise Lost, by John Milton. But I haven't got around to reading more than the first few pages (which is alot more than it sounds, the print is so small!) because of school work.

I just bought "The Complete Sherlock Holmes," one of the bound leather classics in the Barnes and Noble collection.

So today was Jane Austen's 235th birthday and Barnes and Noble was offering up one of the books in the leather-bound classics collection with 7 of her major works in it for 50% off online. Normally, they sell for about $20, but I was able to get it for about $9 after the promotion, signing up for a free trial membership (got free express shipping from that), and applying another coupon I recently received via e-mail. I was very happy. Collecting and reading literary classics is my guilty pleasure. :D

The last books I bought weren't exactly for my reading pleasure, but I enjoyed them either way. A class I was enrolled in was going to be reading Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and Bram Stoker's Dracula. A few months ago, for my own personal enjoyment, I bought Anne McCaffrey's Moreta: Dragon Lady of Pern because I'm a sci-fi nerd! :wacko:

The Alphabet of Manliness. Hurray Maddox?
confusedjohn.gif

I've been renting books off my ereader lately but the last books I bought were from the Sookie Stackhouse series. GO READ THEM NOW, EVERYONE. So good. <3

POkemon Mystery Dungeon EOS strategy guide. Don't get me wrong, I love to read. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrgh, all the books I've read recently are borrowed. I believe The Hobbit, though.

I bought The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini at my library for 35 cents. :) I've always heard about how great this book is and now I get to read it for myself!

OH GOD I can't remember...I think it was...a zombie book....ummm....I'll make it books.

I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you by Ally Carter.

Day by Day apocalypse by...this one dude...forgot his name xD

Zombie Apocalypse by various authors (ex. Neil Gaiman, Max Brooks)

and Lucky Star volume 4 by the guy who wrote Lucky Star yes it's a guy

All the Chronicles of Narnia books. <333

Also some Phineas and Ferb books, Big Nate and this sketchbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back