For teens or 20-something (or older!) (or younger!) Tama-fans

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rex

Reaction score
I was wanting a way to carry around multiple Tamagotchis that wasn't obvious and also would protect them from getting scratches. So here's my solution: a little Tamagotchi-clutch! (My mom called it a Tama-clutchi!) It's really easy to put together--I didn't even make a pattern it's just all squares basically, and a little fusible interfacing in the middle. And the cute red border and bird!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/pythagorasnow/IMG_2716.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/pythagorasnow/IMG_2715.jpg

And I just took these two for fun (I have a little Frankenstein-guy on my V3?!):

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/pythagorasnow/IMG_2689-1.jpg

Happy thanksgiving!!:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/pythagorasnow/IMG_2693.jpg

Are there any other crafters out there who have whipped up some cute Tamagotchi carrying or protection device??

These look really nice! I just place whichever ones I happen to be running in a little pouch and then unceremoniously (but carefully too :p ) stuff the pouch into whatever backpack I'm carrying around that day. I think it's clever how your mom came up with "Tama-clutchi!" :) I'd like to try making one of these sometime. Very simple yet very effective!

So you took apart the tamagotchi? Was it hard to put them together rex?

@OldSchoolTama: I used to carry my tamas around in a little purse, or I had little "tamagotchi cozies" i sewed--small individual fabric cases--and I'd put a bunch of them in those and then keep them in a purse. I was worry about the screens and designs on the shells getting scratched.

@darkrocket: I didn't have to take apart the tamas at all! I just slip them into little pockets I sewed on the inside of my tama-clutchi.

I am considering making (or modifying) a mini backpack for my Tama collection.

I already want to make my own backpack with lots of pockets for the random item I carry around, adding "Tamapocket" now seems like a good idea.

I love the name, Tama-clutchi. Also the design is adorable. ^^;;

~Phnx

.... I went to a game convention at my school around a month ago and one of the prizes were three box DS game carrying cases(of course I won them.. I thought it was dumb at first but now listen! :D ). I thought of an idea like take out the midde and I have an extra cleaning cloth for my DS screen so put the cleaning cloth in then put the tama/tama's in and it makes a cushiony place to keep them safe! Though my parents would never help me on this. :(

Well I got three tamagotchies right now and my v4.5 he's old and 18 years old he won't go away what will?

Ahaa! That's so cute! You're SO lucky to have a Decotchi!!! He's a good-care character and I SERIOUSLY love him.

I make pouches all the time. I tend to make them in fleece. After that I normally put them carefully in my bag/purse... But sometimes I put thim in a camera/cell phone case. (Tama-Go, connections and orginals)

I'm so sad for my decotchi he past away good by decotchi I'll miss him

So ... maybe I am just lazy (or practical - depends on which way you look at it) but I don't "make" stuff - I use babies socks to keep tamagotchis cushioned against knocks and scratches. They are a perfect size for tamas and you can buy a two pack or three pack (4-6 tama holders) in a baby clothes store for around 99p... and some of the designs are pretty cute too :)

Kudos, those seem very cute and handy! :3 I don't often take my 'gotchis with me outside of my house, and when I do, I usually pause them and leave them in the car, but something like that might convince me to do otherwise. I wonder why Bandai hasn't monopolized this idea yet, well at least in a convenient way; their tama carrying cases are clunky and extra-obvious. I like that design because it's more subtle and sophisticated, and I like to pretend I'm subtle/sophisticated since I'm in college. :D

@TamaMum: babysocks hehe, that's so cute! I might start looking for cute designs... (but I like sewing and making stuff too so I dunno!)

@Sugar Bunny <3: Yeah, I'm in college too (although not for too much longer I hope!!) so that's what prompted me to come up with a way to throw a few Tamas in a book bag without hurting them and also without my classmates knowing. XP I'm not shy or easily embarrassed...but pulling out a Tama in the pub or a lecture just feels silly. (Luckily I have friends and family who support my Tama habit... or maybe unluckily :p )

Another cute Tama-storage option I've been looking at more is etsy. If you search "coin purse" or other similar searches, their are tons of tiny pouches. I like the homemade and personal feel.

(And Kuchipatchi Love... I love decotchi too he's sooo cute!! :3)

You guys love decotchi? Wow I love him too you know I kept him for years

I have an idea for a new way of Tama transportation! All you need is a piece of rope the right size to fit comfortably round you neck but for the Tama that will be threaded on to be visible (and playable) by you. Here are the instructions to make it (sorry, I don't have a video):

1. Get a length of string, long enough to fit comfortably round your neck, the "pendant" dangling from your neck easy to view.

2. Thread your favourite Tama onto the string, like a pendant.

3. Tie a knot at the back and put your new Tama-Carrier round your neck.

You're done! Now you might want to decorate it with something. I used beads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back