Black friday

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

'/={3

Reaction score
i got this article from www.npposted.com, icry every time i read it,

and i thought i would share it with you.

Customers in a frenzy for deals at a Long Island Wal-Mart trampled an overnight stock clerk to death, the NY Daily News reports. Witnesses said he tried to hold back the crowds as they took the doors right off their hinges in the dash when the store opened at 5 a.m. this morning for Black Friday:

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

A pregnant shopper who made her way inside the store with the masses was pushed to the ground and suffered a miscarriage, a witness said. Sadly, no one stopped to help the victims:

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

'Black Friday' retail rush is underway

Read more: https://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2008/11/28/211518.aspx#ixzz16PSoOi

:( :( :(

Are we really turning into such a savage country?

That severe? That's really messed up...(OBVIOUSLY)

People don't even really use all the stuff they buy.

This is a prime example of our country falling apart slowly. Used to, people would've stopped and helped the dear people! Now, it everyone for themselves. Sadly, stuff like this happens every Black Friday because people are in such a huge hurry to get to the store shelves and get something that they probably won't even use.

If you think about it, what's more important? Someone's life, or a material item?

I think it's pretty much screwed up that some idoit made up Black Friday. Like what's so important about getting stuff that's half price. Some people actually die at Black Friday. Like I remember reading this that a guy died because he triped and feel and everybody steped on him and he died. So yeah I think Black Friday is busy. And what's the point of opening the store a 4:00AM? Now I think that's stupid. Whoever made this up is stupid, like really.

My advice to everyone: Do not go shopping on black friday. This happens every year, so people should expect bad things to happen. Also, I think it's especially idiotic for someone who is pregnant to shop on black friday, because it's way too dangerous. I do feel bad about the clerk who died though, because someone has to work on black friday, and it just so happened to be him.

:0

I'd rather just buy the stuff at regular price.

Now I don't see anything wrong with Black Friday. I think it's a good opportunity to save money, especially if you don't have the money to buy things at regular price. Of course a lot of people are going want to take advantage of an opportunity like that. It's no excuse for people to be selfish and not even take the time to stop and help someone who is hurt, but I also blame the store itself and its lack of organization. If you have hundreds of people waiting outside for limited time offer why would you just cut them loose like that? Send them inside in small groups or something. But don't just cut the tape and let all hell brake loose and hope for the best. That's just absurd.

;o That's terrible!

but what's black friday?
black friday is the friday following the US Thanksgiving, where stores open really early and offer huge sales to start off the Christmas shopping season. It's very hectic;)

Black Friday: The day after Thanksgiving that marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season

my mom and I actually decided to go to a target entrance at 7:30 to see the crowds.

believe me, will will NEVER do that again.

(we both HATE b.f, and we wanted to see it. NOT for shopping)

we were in traffic for exactly 1 HOUR AND 43 MINUTES.

I'm serious, i brought a stop watch.

you should have seen all those cars...

we almost saw an accident.

:( :( :( :( :(

That's horrible. I never knew people could be like that.

I'm disgusted. Too disgusted for words. D:

I really hope that things like that never happen again :eek: :p -_- <_< :( :hitodetchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to go to the black friday shopping and got back at 10 and slept till 6 it wuz crazy!!!

I'd rather make my way through crowds of overweight savage Americans to buy a computer I want for a cheaper price than wait until after Black Friday when they're all out of stock and I have to order online without a discount.

Not to sound harsh or anything, even though I do feel badd for the guy, and I'm honestly ashamed to call myself a person because of dumb incidents like these. But it's his own darn fault for even going to work that day. What would you rather do, try not to get trampled by overly obese soccer moms trying to get the latest toy? Or calling in sick and lounge about all day?

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back