What's Your Opinion On...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paislypuppy

Reaction score
Okay, so I was wondering about this because I have a lot of guy friends who are great friends, but I would never consider dating them. (And if you don't know, platonic is the opposite of romantic, it's just like normal friends). I get really fed up when I'm talking to a guy who I'm friends with, and people ask us if we're going out. I think it's completely normal to have a friend group with guys and girls in it if everyone doesn't start dating each other.

I have this one friend who claims that guy/girl relationships are always somehow related to romance, but I disagree. She says that unless one of them is gay, at least one of them will have feelings for the other. I know it's not like this with my friends though, so I disagree. I just have a different friend group, people are gonna have to deal with it.

So what are your opinions? Can this be normal? And do you have girl and guy friends who are just friends?

Of course it could be normal. It's just gender, not a big deal. Don't see why it makes the friendship any different.

I agree.

I have this guy friend, and whenever we hang out, people go all "Oh, are you going out?" and if we say no, they say we should.

One difference. We're cousins.

And people say that if we're cousins, we can't be friends."

Yeah, I mean it's not really that big of deal. But most of the time in a guy/girl friendship they do have feelings for each other. It may not be like lovey dovey feelings but more...

-Is dragged into a deep dark bottomless pit because he has no idea what he's talking about-

Yeah, personally I don't ever feel weird about it, but others see it as strange sometimes. I mean, if I can hug my friends that are girls, then it's nothing different to hug my friends that are guys because it's the same sort of relationship. I love all my friends just the same whether they're guys or girls. And I wouldn't ever plan on going out with any of my guy friends. Actually I get weirded out just thinking about that. xP That's why I hate when people ask if I'm going out with someone who is just my friend. The guys I would want to date are in a whole different category, you know? They never overlap.

Yes I agree. I know I have a friend at school and we always hug and play around. If you see us you'd swear we're dating or at least like one another. But we don't. He's like my big brother. (Well, I'm technically older than him but he's a lot bigger than I am in size. He's like a giant Teddy bear. No lie.) That's just the type of close knit relationship we have. And it's funny because I met him through my best friend. He's her ex. And besides, he's already in love with his girl friend, who is also another good friend of mine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course guys and girls can just be friends.

My best friend is a girl, and were like this *holds fingers crossed together*. But like SnazzyPizazz said, people could swear were dating, because we always hug, and we share a locker...But no. I'm like a twin brother to her, her mom calls me her fifth child xD And, of course, we always say that we love one another. Not in the way someone loves someone in marriage, but we love each other in a way where we could not possibly live without one another.

On a different note as well, I am her gay friend. And like I said, we have feelings for each other, So gay people can still have have feelings for girls.

So yeah.

My group of freinds is mixed. We have guys and girls. We all hug and say we love each other but that's freind love. It doesn't me we ACTUALLY love each other. If I hug a guy people are always like 'Are you going out?'. It is a bit annoying.

I think you should be allowed to be freinds with who you want without going out. Y'know?

That's just my opinion.

Yeah I've had a ton of guy friends before and I never had a crush on any of them, I just liked them as people.

I like many people in that way, like not becuase they're very desirable guys but because they stand out from the "90% DOUCHEBAG MAINSTREAM CROWD" at school for their personality, intelligence, humour, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back