Instruments!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazeay

Reaction score
The old instruments topic died, I believe D: I checked through the last few pages so sorry if I missed it.

Anyway what instruments do you play? I just started playing saxophone this year in band and I love it, it makes such a nice sound, and I've played harmonica since my brithday last year (and it's NOT as easy as it seems.) and I can play a few random songs like happy birthday and most of The Beatles songs on it.

So what instruments do you play/did you play/do you want to play/do you love/do you hate/yeah ?

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL. I used to play the recorder in grade five, and I took violin lessons for strings in grade six. =]

I was pretty bad at both. ;D My dad was the one who took piano lessons in the house, but then he decided that it wasn't really his thing and quit.

So, I taught myself to play. =] But I haven't touched or played anything in years because I have such a busy schedule ! D:<

I'm pretty obsessed with the clarinet at the moment, though. 8D

I used to play recorder but I stopped when I started learning the flute. I have played the flute since 2006 and I played the recorder form 2003-2005. I also have a keyboard but it's not a real one.

I taught myself to play piano. For a very short while in grade six, I played the flute and the oboe--and by "short while," I mean about four months or so. -_- ;

My next project is to learn violin. I think it's a very beautiful instrument.

Evie

Oooo, I love instrument topics! :) I played the piano for a few years when I was in elementary school. I was in band for a year in middle school and played the flute. From then on, I became an "orch dork" when I learned how to play the violin. That's where I am now. I've been playing for 10 years and counting. :) I would love to pick up piano again and I think it'd be neat to try the drums. If I were to pick another wind instrument to try out, it'd be the oboe. Maybe when I have more time on my hands.

Oooo, I love instrument topics! :) I played the piano for a few years when I was in elementary school. I was in band for a year in middle school and played the flute. From then on, I became an "orch dork" when I learned how to play the violin. That's where I am now. I've been playing for 10 years and counting. :) I would love to pick up piano again and I think it'd be neat to try the drums. If I were to pick another wind instrument to try out, it'd be the oboe.[/s] Maybe when I have more time on my hands.
Omg, yes! I play the oboe and it's so awesome! This is my sixth year playing, and I love it, it just has such a unique, rich sound. I've gotten quite good at it over the years too, if I do say so myself.

This is also my third year playing the alto saxophone. I learned in 8th grade in preparation for marching band, and that's really the only time I play it, for marching. I still do like it though, and it's really easy to pick up after playing oboe because the fingerings are almost identical and the embouchure is a lot easier than on the oboe.

If I learn another instrument, it'll probably be either flute or trumpet. I don't think I'll ever learn a stringed instrument at this point because it's too hard. xP

I played the flute all throughout highschool, and I marched the piccolo and played it for a few concert songs in grades 11 and 12. Now, I find that I have no time for band in college which makes me quite sad. I would have been a music major, but the life of a musician can be tough and extremely time-consuming, especially if you're part of an orcestra which has a whole season of traveling! :( Other than that, I could be a music teacher, but I don't know if that's exactly my thing. :huh:

Grade 2- Piano

Grade 4- Violin

Currently learning guitar

I play the Mandolin, but am very much a beginner. I love the sound and the diversity of the instrument. I can't play chords, but I love to pick the melody line. I hope one day to play really, really fast.

Please share your love of your instrument and your growing abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play acoustic and electric guitarrrrr and the piano... Mandolin sounds really chill... ever hear the song 'Battle of Evermore' by Zeppelin? good mandolin song, bro...

I've been playing the guitar for almost 2 years, and the flute for a few months at school(which I wanna quit next semester....). :)

I've been playing acoustic guitar for about ... 4 years? I'm Grade 3 and I love it ~

I've been playing piano for 2 years. I'm Grade 2 and am about to do my exam. Eeek!

And from tomorrow I play in the school Junior Jazz band on the piano :)

I play a piano, and I sing. (EarthBound songs. Now I feel like I'm obsessed.)

What did I get myself into? xD

Know I said I was playing piano in the Junior Jazz band? Turns out they wanted a guitarist so I said ok.

I now have to play the most complicated chords in the world and I'm playing at the same gig as my dad xD

I've been playing an instrument since the fifth grade. :D

Piano: 2 years.

Recorder: 2 years (I played it the same time I played piano)

Clarinet: I'm on my second year right now, going for third next year!

I looooove being in band. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back