Tanning

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of tanning?

• Yeah why not? Only live once

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No way

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sunless tanning all the way

• Maybe when I get older

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShutUpAndSmile

Reaction score
So what do you think of tanning? This includes in a salon or on the beach. Sunless vs Sun. Ect

Have you ever done it? Will you ever do it?

Personally I'm really pale so every once and awhile I'll get a sunless tan when I have somewhere to go (airbrush tan to be specific.) I know a lot of people say it gives people an orange look but I think Beach Bum tanning does it well and I don't come out orange at all.

I haven't tried a sun bed at and when I go to the beach I don't tan at all. If I ever did try a sun bed(which I prob wouldn't because I think it raises your risk of cancer by a lot.) I wouldn't make a habit it of it because I use to know someone who looked like the crypt keeper from going like 5 times a day, seriously o.e haha

So anyway opinions?

*Topic moved to '(Non)TamaTalk'*

I've had fake tans, used sun beds and I do sun bathe when I am on holiday.

All in moderation and sensibly - no skin cancer just yet...

I always use a high factor sun cream during the summer - factor SPF 30 -50 depending on how pale I am and how sunny it is. I don't spend hours and hours sun bathing either - just an hour or so max each day - no more - then I find a shady spot.

I do a lot of stuff outdoors so it's difficult to avoid catching the sun but usually I make sure my shoulders and neck don't get burned and that I'm wearing a hat.

I've used sun beds usually the week before I am going away somewhere hot - just 3 or 4 15 minute sessions to get some colour beforehand - it helps me avoid burning on day one of a holiday.

Fake tans - yep - as long as it's professionally applied and, like ShutUpAndSmile says, as long as you don't end up looking orange (the "Oompa-Loompa look") ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I go to the beach in the summer, I'll put a lot of sunscreen on and lay out. That's not extremely bad for you, I guess.

I would never go to a tanning bed though, and when I'm already tan, I avoid the sun. I'm paranoid about getting wrinkles when I'm old.

Nope. I'm really pale, and if people are all 'Man, you're white' I'll just tell them to go away. ;P . I think they're convinced I'm a vampire o_O

'Sides, I'm only 11. I don't exactly need to tan. Considering how pale I am, I have a risk of getting burnt, and I don't need one. I don't care about getting a tan ^.^

I don't tan x.x I burn.

I was tan when I was little from always being outside playing but now I'm extremely pale.

We used to own a tanning bed and I used it from time to time but I almost always burned in it, even if I was only in for 4-5 minutes. I try to stay out of the sun but if I have to be in it I find the highest power sunblock I can.

Nah, I don't tan. If I do, I get red. Not tan. Haha. (;

I would never use a tanning bed. I'd rather go pale. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm as white as a sheet and I like it that way. Once a little kid even called me a ghost.

I never suntan. I hate going to the beach.

Everyones pale. :p

I'm pale too

But like I said I like getting fake tans x3

Mew: I have to agree I hate the beach. Yucky yucky sand.

If I go to a tanning salon, I'd most likely turn black (I'm pretty Italian) and I don't want to be black xD

In the Summer I maybe lay out on random days for 2 hours or so. Nothing Major. It get's me pretty tan too so I'm satisfied.

However, I hate orange looking spray tans and would never get one myself..

Kk: Lucky :p I wish I had that color skin. :3 But like I said beachbum is pretty good about the no orange thing xD

I'd show you one of my prom pics but I'm either in them with people I'm no longer friends with or sweating from dancing so much. o_O Which is unattractive. But take my word. xP lol

I tan a lot and get freckles when I'm in the sun. When I come back from vacation my eyelids are super pale compared to the rest of my skinxD But my tan usually goes away after like a week, so it doesn't last very long :(

Also, I would never use a tanning bed.

I am very pale so I lay out sometimes during the summer either on my back deck or when I go to the beach, though I don't do so excessively. I don't spray tan, but I do have tinted moisturizer I use on my legs upon occasion and it works great. I've never been to a tanning salon and I don't ever plan on it.

I love the beach. I don't tan there though. I do in the privite of my home. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back