how to fix a v3, v4, and v5`s broken buttons

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yattatchi425

Reaction score
after the horrors of spills, crashes, and falls, my tamagotchi couldn't take it anymore and the buttons stopped working. here`s how i fixed it!! ( this may not work for v6`s because they have a different motherboard.)

you will need:

1 double sided Q-tip

2 alcohol wipes

1 eyeglass repair screwdriver

a clean flat surface

a place to put the small screws ( so they wont get lost!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

instructions:

step 1: unscrew and take of the backing of your tamagotchi. remove the battery.

step 2: unscrew the cover. place the screws in a safe spot and GENTLY lift the cover.

step 3: you should now see the mother board. unscrew the 4 tiny screws holding it down. pry it up gently with the screwdriver.

step 4: you can now see the screen, back of the board and buttons. take the Q-tip and put some alcohol on both sides.

step 5: gently rub the 3 metal contacts on the back of the board, then the back of each button.

step 6: reassemble the tamagotchi, making sure everything is intact. place battery and test the buttons.

i don't advise you to play with a tamas motherboard as it may cause harm to it. i am not responsible for any breakage to your tamagotchi. i hope this helped!!!

Good tips Yattatchu425. These instructions seemed to work on mine. How isms your Tamagotchi now? How did the buttons brake?

Regards

Jordboss

I need to know will this work if one of the buttons has fallen out? PLEASE HELP ME!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

This topic was last responded to in March. You bumped the topic. Kind of a no no ;) Closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back