Sign in to follow this  
yattatchi425

how to fix a v3, v4, and v5`s broken buttons

after the horrors of spills, crashes, and falls, my tamagotchi couldn't take it anymore and the buttons stopped working. here`s how i fixed it!! ( this may not work for v6`s because they have a different motherboard.)

you will need:

1 double sided Q-tip

2 alcohol wipes

1 eyeglass repair screwdriver

a clean flat surface

a place to put the small screws ( so they wont get lost!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

instructions:

step 1: unscrew and take of the backing of your tamagotchi. remove the battery.

step 2: unscrew the cover. place the screws in a safe spot and GENTLY lift the cover.

step 3: you should now see the mother board. unscrew the 4 tiny screws holding it down. pry it up gently with the screwdriver.

step 4: you can now see the screen, back of the board and buttons. take the Q-tip and put some alcohol on both sides.

step 5: gently rub the 3 metal contacts on the back of the board, then the back of each button.

step 6: reassemble the tamagotchi, making sure everything is intact. place battery and test the buttons.

i don't advise you to play with a tamas motherboard as it may cause harm to it. i am not responsible for any breakage to your tamagotchi. i hope this helped!!!

Good tips Yattatchu425. These instructions seemed to work on mine. How isms your Tamagotchi now? How did the buttons brake?

Regards

Jordboss

I need to know will this work if one of the buttons has fallen out? PLEASE HELP ME!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

This topic was last responded to in March. You bumped the topic. Kind of a no no ;) Closing it now.