Can the ID L connect to the ID Station

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitatama

Reaction score
Hi there, :furawatchi:

I can't find reliable information on whether you can connect an IDL to the

ID Station.Would everything from the Station work on the ID L? Is the ID L really soo great?

How many new features does it have? I have the colour c+c version, but now dont know wether to buy the Id L

or ID! I have heard u can download backgrounds from the computer to the ID. Is that true!? Can u also do it with the ID L?

Thanks a lot,

Kitatama :)

Sorry, my Tamagotchi-iD L has not arrived yet (it's still on backorder), so I can't say for sure. However, since the Tamagotchi-iD L can connect to a Tamagotchi-iD, I imagine it can connect to the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus also. But... I'm not sure if any downloads from the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus can be used on a Tamagotchi-iD L.

Yes, you can create your own backgrounds (Living Room Wallpaper) for the Tamagotchi-iD. You'll need a Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 - based PC. You'll also need a compatible IR device, such as a cell phone to actually transfer the file to the Tamagotchi-iD. So far we don't know if we can make wallpapers for the Tamagotchi-iD L.

There are several videos showing the features of the Tamagotchi-iD L on YouTube.

Thanks for the quick reply! :lol:

Is there a limit for the backgrounds u downloaded on the ID ? Will u have to buy them? Probably not, that would be quite silly! And one more thing: Do the shops( if there actually are any), have different things each day?Are there many products in the shops? :kuribotchi:

Thanks a lot,

Kitatama :ichigotchi:

When you transfer a wallpaper onto a Tamagotchi-iD, it gets placed into the Gotchi Interior shop. In order to install it in your livingroom, you have to purchase it from the shop. If you make your own wallpaper, you can set the price to 0 (zero.)

The shops on the Tamagotchi-iD have the same items every day. I've heard that some of the shops on the Tamagotchi-iD L may have different items each day.

The Tamagotchi-iD has storage space for 4 wallpapers you can transfer to it. When you try to transfer another one, you'll be given the opportunity to delete one of the older ones, or cancel the transfer.

Compared to the Tamagotchi-iD, the Tamagotchi-iD L:

- there are more characters you can raise

- there are more options for dressing up your Tamagotchi characters

- there are more things to do in the park (one of the locations your character can visit)

- your character can adopt a pet

- you can plant seeds, which grow into a plant, which will yield some food or item when full grown (this feature was also on the TMGC+C but missing from the Tamagotchi-iD)

We have over 400 download files for new meals, snacks, accessories, wallpapers, toys, minigames, etc, from Bandai for the Tamagotchi-iD. In addition to these, you can make your own meals, snacks and wallpapers. Unfortunately, we don't have any download files from Bandai for the Tamagotchi-iD L yet, and so far we can't make any either.

So the IDL is a newer version of the ID? Items from the ID Station are probably downloadable?

How many places can u actually visit on the ID L?

We have over 400 download files for new meals, snacks, accessories, wallpapers, toys, minigames, etc, from Bandai for the Tamagotchi-iD. In addition to these, you can make your own meals, snacks and wallpapers. Unfortunately, we don't have any download files from Bandai for the Tamagotchi-iD L yet, and so far we can't make any either.
I don't know much about the iD/iD L yet (trying to learn :) ) so I'm a little intrigued by this bit. Why is this? Does it have to do with file compatibility? :huh:

Each file is not simply a bitmap (or jpg image.) There are many bytes of related data such as what kind of item it is (wallpaper, accessory, meal, etc.), how much it costs from the shop, its catalog name in the shop, etc. To prevent us from having two copies of the same file on the Tamagotchi-iD, each file has a serial number. When a duplicate is transferred to the Tamagotchi-iD, it's automatically discarded. The original Tamagotchi-iD download files have a 1-byte serial number. This means there can be only up to 256 of any one type of item (wallpaper, accessory, meal, etc.) For some of those types, Bandai is already close to the limit. I believe Tamagotchi-iD L files have a different serial number method, to allow for many more future files. I can't confirm this yet, but I'll start working on it as soon as my Tamagochi-iD L arrives.

I got an ID L and ID Station! :lol: :D The ID L CAN connect to the Station tama!!! Really cool!

Hi Kitatama, Binary, and OldSchoolTama,

I have an IDL and an ID Station, however, i don't know how to connect the two tamagotchis together! I (finally) got some items on the station with the games i was playing. But there seems to always be a connection error or something. Please help!

From what i've found out so far on the IDL connection button:

たまごっちiDL =Tamagotchi iDL

たまごっちiD =Tamagotchi iD

プラスカラー =Pluse Colour (Tamagotchi?)

ダウンロード =Download (from where?)

とくツー =The two that's involved (????)

i'm guessing the last one is the most likely...but i'm still not sure what option the iD Station must use to connect with from the fourth door:

Topic says: なにをする? =What do you want to do?

Options:

アイテムをする =An Item (inferring 'transfer')

はいたいからDLする ="Because we would like to be, DL it does" -Babelfish. (i couldn't find it in my Japanese dictionary...T_T)

@_@ I can't get them to play games either. Please help!

Connecting to receive a download item you've created on the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus

Note: only meals, snacks, toys, and wallpapers will work. Accessories, photo studio backdrops, photo studio costumes, and travel destinations (theatre tickets) will not work.

On the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus:

1. Select the blue curtain doorway in the lobby. (This will take you to the basement, where downloadable items are stored.)

2. A menu will appear with two options. The 1st option is to transfer a download from the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus to a Tamagotchi-iD(L). The 2nd option is to transfer a download from a cellphone to the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus. Select the first option.

3. A 2-page menu with 5 options per page will appear.

page 1, 1st option = meals

page 1, 2nd option = snacks

page 1, 3rd option = toys

page 1, 4th option = livingroom wallpapers

page 1, 5th option = accessories

page 2, 1st option = photo studio costumes

page 2, 2nd option = photo studio backdrops

page 2, 3rd option = travel destinations

page 2, 4th option = letters (mail)

page 2, 5th option = minigames

Select the option corresponding to the category of the item you wish to transfer.

4. A menu will appear with two options. The 1st option is for downloads created on the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus. The 2nd option is for downloads transferred from your cell phone. Select the first option. (Note: For minigames, the first option will not appear. Minigames cannot be created on the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus.)

5. A catalog of available downloads will appear. Press A to advance to the one you want to transfer. Press B to make your selection.

6. A menu will appear with two options. The 1st option is "yes", the 2nd option is "no". Select the first option.

7. If the category is accessories or photo studio costumes, a question will appear, followed by two options. "Is your Tamagotchi-iD a Lovely-Melody ver.?" The top selection is "yes", and the bottom selection is "no".

8. Two pink hearts will appear on the screen.

On the Tamagotchi-iD L:

1. Select the connect icon (the heart in the upper right corner.)

2. A 2-page menu with a total of 5 options will appear.

page 1, 1st option = Tamagotchi-iD L

page 1, 2nd option = Tamagotchi-iD

page 1, 3rd option = TMGC+C

page 1, 4th option = download

page 2, 1st option = special connection

Select the 4th option on page 1.

3. Point the top of the Tamagotchi-iD L towards the heart above the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus's screen.

8. Press the B (middle) button. The two pink hearts will become a two red hearts and the download will be transfered to your Tamagotchi-iD L.

Connection mini-games

In the lobby (main floor area), press the A (left) button until the arrow points to the door with a heart over it. Press the B (middle) button to activate it. A menu will appear with four options. From top to bottom they are:

Dance Battle (built-in game)

Together We Doodle (built-in game)

Let's Cooking (built-in game)

Friends List

When you select a built-in game, another menu will appear. This is where you tell the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus how many participants will be connecting. From top to bottom they are:

One

Two

Three

After selecting one, two, or three, a screen full of instructions on how to connect will appear.

On your Tamagotchi-iD L:

1. activate the connect icon (heart icon in the top left corner)

2. select "Tamagotchi-iD" (the second option on the first menu page)

3. at the stand-by screen, point the IR ports towards each other

1. press the B (middle) button. You have to press B on the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus. If you press it on the Tamagotchi-iD L, you'll get a connection error. (Remember, when connecting two Tamagotchi-iD, the one you press B on, is the one that receives the visitor. It's the same thing here.)

Then you'll see your Tamagotchi character jump up off the Tamagotchi-iD L screen onto the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus screen.

After her turn is complete, she'll return to your Tamagotchi-iD L.

Each game requires three participants. If you selected other than "three", some random characters will appear to fill for the missing ones. Otherwise, you'll be prompted to connect the next participant.

Once all three participants have completed their turns, the game is judged.

For the Dance Battle game, the participants will be ranked according to their performance. The 1st place participant will be invited to reconnect to receive a prize of 1000 GP. (Note: Only to the winner can connect to receive the prize; if you try to connect someone else instead, they won't be awarded the prize.)

Doodling and cooking are team games. If the team wins, each participant is invited to reconnect (in turn) to receive the prize. After the prize is displayed on the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus's screen, one of two screens will appear, depending on the type of prize.

If the prize is an accessory, you'll be asked if this participant's Tamagotchi-iD is a Lovely-Melody ver. The top selection is "yes", and the bottom selection is "no". (The default selection is "no".)

After that screen, or if the prize is not an accessory, a screen full of instructions on how to connect will appear.

On your Tamagotchi-iD L:

1. activate the connect icon

2. select "download" (bottom option on the first menu page)

3. at the stand-by screen, point the IR ports towards each other

1. press the B button

You should then see the prize arrive on your Tamagotchi-iD L.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Binary:

YOU ARE A FREAKING LEGENNNNNNNNNNDDDDD!!! :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D IT WORKS IT FINALLY WORKS!!! They played games and everything! It was awesome!

But, if i can't transfer accessories, studio backdrops and photo studio costumes, what can i do with the items i have made from the ID Station? Which Tamagotchi is it meant to connect to? Is it the ID?

Thank you so so so so soooooo much for your help! I can't thank you enough!

Sincerely,

Ever In The Shadows

The accessories, photo studio backdrops, etc are meant for use with the Tamagotchi-iD (original version) and Tamagotchi-iD Lovely-Melody ver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back