WARNING! DANGER! BEWARE! TAMA-BREAKING GLITCH!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I posted this topic because there is a dangerous, tama-killing glitch that you must avoid. The glitch occurs when a Tama is dropped on a hard surface. These are the symptoms of the glitch:

1. Constantly fading screen

2. Needs constant battery replacing

3. Large-scale loss of any type of points/awards

4. Dies for no reason

5. Does other unexpected, odd things.

Please watch out for this glitch!! So far, I have not figured out any ways of "curing" this glitch. My V6 and V5 have both broken due to this glitch. Beware of it!!!!

It's not a glitch. My cousin (who I hate SOOOOO much, even though she's four) slammed my 26yearold Otokitchi on my glass-top desk, crossing wires and KILLING it. Hence why I hate her, apart from her being a complete brat.

But, she wanted one of my tamas so I gave her an old pink fake that didn't work...

> :D

I posted this topic because there is a dangerous, tama-killing glitch that you must avoid....The glitch occurs when a Tama is dropped on a hard surface. ... So far, I have not figured out any ways of "curing" this glitch. My V6 and V5 have both broken due to this glitch. Beware of it!!!!

The surest way to avoid this glitch is to be very careful not to drop a Tamagotchi on a hard surface.

Ayesh. That sounds fatal. But I need more info. I've dropped my age-old V3 on various surfaces (some very hard!) before and it's perfectly fine... :huh:

My tamago froze a couple times but that's it...

They're bouncy... hehe... ;)

That's not a glitch. It's a bit obvious that it might brake if you drop it on a hard surface. I think that most people will know that. For example, it's like dropping your iPhone on hard concrete and then wondering why the screen doesn't respond.

Regards

JB

My V1, when dropped (I was seven when I ad it, and have coordination roblems to boot, it happened alot) Would just reset, and that would be It. I just downloaded I think.

My V4 its oblivious to any hard surface hitting damage apparantly. He also survived an 18/19 year old of average weight sitting on him without even getting reset...

I guess the way to avoid breakage is to be careful.

Thankfully, my v3 is pretty durable. It survived being buried underground (don't ask xD) and a accidental dip in water (have NO idea how it survived, it fell into the sink as I washed my hands).

My dum brother threw my brand new V4 across the room. It was totally destryoed. :angry: :angry: :angry: The screen was all black with a massive crack running across the middle. :( :( :eek: :eek:

Thats not really a glitch. Surely, by dropping your tama it would break? Its just breaking it like if you were to drop a laptop it would break.

heh...I set mine on my pillow when I went to bed and it fell and hit the dresser (its small, i use it to hold my books and its right next to my bed) hit a bar on the bottem of my bed and hit the ground, it bounced like three times And it stayed asleep the entire time!!!! I woke up when it hit my dresser and I swear I nearly screamed cause I wasn't fast enough to catch it! No damage what-so-ever! yay! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
my baby brother always throws it on the hard floor and at my face :eek: LOL!!! it hurts :p

My V3 (2nd hand) has weird sound. Its really quiet and I have no idea why. May this have been caused by dropping it? I never dropped it but as it is 2nd hand.... I have no idea how it was treated before I got it. Can anyone tell me if I can fix it?

My tamago froze a couple times but that's it...

They're bouncy... hehe... ;)
Yea that's happened with my TMGO too!! It bounced like 3 times once when i accidently dropped it o_O. But it was fine just a few scratches to the screen and the actual shell was a little dented <_< .

Anyway Dazzilitchigirl i can't say much about the breaking glitch thing because i don't think it's ever actually happened to any of my tamas because I'm always very careful with them. Except for the tragic water incident concerning my purple TMGO, and it's also the one that i dropped!! Good God that TMGO has had a hard life..... And it was my first TMGO too :(

I know it might BREAK break, like, instantly, but I'm talking about the kind of thing that would happen like this. Let's say it's someone wondering what happened to their Tama, and these are some posts they made in the What Happened To My Tamagotchi?! section:

"Help! My V6 broke! I accidentally dropped it on the patio, and the screen faded. I tried replacing the battery, and downloaded it, but found that poor Emma my Chantotchi had lost all her Music Skill Points except one! Then I went to the shop to try to buy some pie, and found that all my normal points were gone too! What will Emma do?! She will starve to death without money! So I just decided to take a break from my V6 and figure this out another day"

A few days later...

"I put the battery back in my V6 and downloaded it, but I was welcomed back by an envelope with "BYE BYE, PUSH A+C" underneath it! I looked at dead Emma's stats; she was Gozarutchi, 99 LB, O skill points, 0 points, 99th Generation! Emma was supposed to be second generation! And she was certainly not anywhere NEAR that heavy! She wasn't Gozarutchi! And she wasn't DEAD when I took the battery out; when I did it, all her hearts were full! What on Earth happened??? R.I.P. Emma :( "

A few days after that...

"Right. Now I am CERTAIN my V6 is badly glitched. Or was. I restarted my V6, and it hatched a baby girl, Myra. I took care of Myra, and went to update my log about her when she took her nap during babyhood. When I came back, the screen had gone blank. I replaced the battery, then the Tama said "WAIT!" and beeped, and I saw the time setting screen! I tried to quit, but it told me to enter my birthday and user name. An egg showed up. My V6 had reset. Then the egg hatched, and it was a baby boy. I named him Mike. The EXACT same thing happened with him! Then, when I tried changing the battery, it just buzzed and let out alot of laboured half-beeps. I tried another battery. The same thing happened. My V6 was broken, all because of this weird glitch."

That is only an example of the bump glitch, but exactly the same thing happened to me with Dazzela my Dazzilitchi. So this example of a Tamagotchi Memorial post is an example of a Tama breaking, NOT the bump glitch:

"Title: R.I.P. Jim

Description: You were a true Music Star, while you lasted

My V6 recently broke. OK, here's the story:

I was walking down to the shop to buy some crisps, and my Mametchi V6 Jim was attached to my belt. Suddenly, I heard the sound of the keychain breaking. I looked down, and my V6 was lying on the pavement. I picked it up. The screen had faded. Luckily, I had my Tamagotchi Emergency Kit with me, and I replaced the battery. Nothing happened. My V6 was broken. Sorry Jim, I will NEVER use that faulty keychain again!"

So basically, the bump glitch is different to a Tama simply dropping and breaking right away.

~ Dazzmina

Lol I'm pretty sure there's a difference between a glitch, and just breaking something because you dropped it too hard :p

If my TV remote broke because I dropped it out the window, I wouldn't call it a glitch. Keep hold of your Tamas people! ;)

Technically a glitch is a minor programming error that can cause serious, however rare problems. I would say a bug is a programming error that can affect the way you use something due to the seriousness, severity or plain annoyance of experiencing the bug.

I know it might BREAK break, like, instantly, but I'm talking about the kind of thing that would happen like this. Let's say it's someone wondering what happened to their Tama, and these are some posts they made in the What Happened To My Tamagotchi?! section:

"Help! My V6 broke! I accidentally dropped it on the patio, and the screen faded. I tried replacing the battery, and downloaded it, but found that poor Emma my Chantotchi had lost all her Music Skill Points except one! Then I went to the shop to try to buy some pie, and found that all my normal points were gone too! What will Emma do?! She will starve to death without money! So I just decided to take a break from my V6 and figure this out another day"

A few days later...

"I put the battery back in my V6 and downloaded it, but I was welcomed back by an envelope with "BYE BYE, PUSH A+C" underneath it! I looked at dead Emma's stats; she was Gozarutchi, 99 LB, O skill points, 0 points, 99th Generation! Emma was supposed to be second generation! And she was certainly not anywhere NEAR that heavy! She wasn't Gozarutchi! And she wasn't DEAD when I took the battery out; when I did it, all her hearts were full! What on Earth happened??? R.I.P. Emma :( "

A few days after that...

"Right. Now I am CERTAIN my V6 is badly glitched. Or was. I restarted my V6, and it hatched a baby girl, Myra. I took care of Myra, and went to update my log about her when she took her nap during babyhood. When I came back, the screen had gone blank. I replaced the battery, then the Tama said "WAIT!" and beeped, and I saw the time setting screen! I tried to quit, but it told me to enter my birthday and user name. An egg showed up. My V6 had reset. Then the egg hatched, and it was a baby boy. I named him Mike. The EXACT same thing happened with him! Then, when I tried changing the battery, it just buzzed and let out alot of laboured half-beeps. I tried another battery. The same thing happened. My V6 was broken, all because of this weird glitch."

That is only an example of the bump glitch, but exactly the same thing happened to me with Dazzela my Dazzilitchi. So this example of a Tamagotchi Memorial post is an example of a Tama breaking, NOT the bump glitch:

"Title: R.I.P. Jim

Description: You were a true Music Star, while you lasted

My V6 recently broke. OK, here's the story:

I was walking down to the shop to buy some crisps, and my Mametchi V6 Jim was attached to my belt. Suddenly, I heard the sound of the keychain breaking. I looked down, and my V6 was lying on the pavement. I picked it up. The screen had faded. Luckily, I had my Tamagotchi Emergency Kit with me, and I replaced the battery. Nothing happened. My V6 was broken. Sorry Jim, I will NEVER use that faulty keychain again!"

So basically, the bump glitch is different to a Tama simply dropping and breaking right away.

~ Dazzmina
But you dropped it so that why it doesn't work, it's like saying that if I dropped my new iPhone on the floor and the screen wouldn't respond to touch, I wouldn't call it a glitch because I caused it by dropping my IPhone. it's the same with your V6. It's not a glitch because you dropped it and it broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back