The Ramen Topic

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxXMyXxXImmortalXxX

Reaction score
Alright, this is a topic to discuss one of the best foods ever- ramen! What's your favorite flavor? How do you like them cooked? Do you eat them as a snack, meal, or both?

My favorite flavor is beef and I like to overcook them just a bit, then drain most of the water and add the flavor.

I love Ramen !!

My favorite flavour is also beef.

I add the flavour before I add the water.

And then I let them fload in the water.

And I eat them as snack and as meal.

Jummiee! :chohimetchi:

xx Miku

Last edited by a moderator:
Only kind we ever buy around here is chicken flavor, and i love it. I'd love to try the beef flavor though. :)

I eat it for lunch a lot on the weekends. I just cook them like it says on the directions, and I add the whole pack of seasoning. I eat it with chopsticks and i drink all the broth as well. mm, now i really want some ramen!

I eat the chicken flavor noodles. I put the noodles and flavoring in first and then put in the water. I eat it with chopsticks.

First off: I'm weird about my Ramen.

I will only eat chicken flavor. I dislike the others.

I HAVE to add the flavor before cooking.

I have a habit of adding too much water.

I LOVE ramen.

I eat for a snack and meal.

/end of my weird Ramen facts.

My favorite is chicken, but I have to get someone to make them for me because last time I made them the water was about to catch on fire!

When I make ramen noodles, I don't add the regular flavors, I use vegetable flavoring because i'm a vegetarian ^-^. It's not the same but I don't really care.

Back at an old school, people used to open the packets up a little bit and put the powder in and shake it up. o_O Then eat it raw, kind of gross in my opinion.

The year was 2003. I was visiting a friend in Portland, OR, looking for something to eat - Her parents were hardcore hippies, and there's only so much Trader Joe's tofu a kid can take. My kept going on about wanting ramen, and I'm like, whatever, I don't know what that is, don't care.

We hit up a 7Eleven. Friend buys ramen.

'Wait, you call that stuff "ramen"? THIS IS RAMEN? I could have been eating this all week if I only knew it was called ramen??'

Until that point, I'd only known of them as Oriental Noodles or Ichiban. Ughhhh, regional language, how dare you!

TL;DR - I prefer the chicken flavour.

EDIT: I will add that I cook them for the three minutes, add the flavouring, eat. You know, whatever the packet says to do. When my paycheque is lousy they become a staple.

When I make ramen noodles, I don't add the regular flavors, I use vegetable flavoring because i'm a vegetarian ^-^. It's not the same but I don't really care.

Back at an old school, people used to open the packets up a little bit and put the powder in and shake it up. o_O Then eat it raw, kind of gross in my opinion.
I did that once. It made me sick enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room.

EDIT: The eating them dry did, not adding vegetable flavouring. I'm also pretty sure the chicken and beef stock contain no actual meat substances.

I too like only the chicken flavor. I keep many packs of it in my locker at work for lunch. I put veggies in it and make a meal out of it when I'm at home. Ramen is one of the best inventions since sliced bread. It's quick and easy to make, and you can add anything you want to it. I like to smash mine up, and make the noodles really small before cooking.

I eat the ramen more for the broth rather than the noodles. I'm not a pasta fanatic and noodles bother me to eat. Chicken and beef with abobo tossed in ftw. ♥

My favourite flavour is chicken, Beef is just nasty and it hurts my throat o.o

I put the noodle things in a bowl, add water and microwave it, when it's cooked I drain all of the water and then add the seasoning packet.

NEVER did what my cousin did. She got raw noodles, made it damp with water and added the seasoning on top, like a wet ramen cookie with seasoning o.o. I made my own, ate the whole thing and I was sick, so.... don't do that xD

But the raw noodles are good with no seasoning as long as it doesn't get wet.

ooh, i tried the beef and oriental flavors, and they're soo good! Ramen is my favorite.

I love curry and shrimp flavours. There a brand called mewo that makes an amazing spicy prawn flavour. I usualy add can of tuna if im eatin it as dinner.

I love the shrimp and lime flavor, but I can't really eat it due to health problems. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back