Nooks/Kindles/Other eReaders

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Tori.x

Reaction score
If you're viewing this topic, I assume you have some sort of eReader. If you don't, you should because they're pretty darn neat.

Tell us what kind you have, what kind of books you like, any tips you know for caring for them, or anything else you'd like to mention about them. Please stay on topic.. no flames..

I have a Nook.

How about you? Discuss.

x2 Ipads... Epic. I want to "barrow" one from my parents and put a jumbo cardass on it. (huge sticker in other words) Maybe not give it back... but that would be wrong. They are so cool. I wouldn't mind an IPhone either....

I love the e-reader stuff. I would find it cool to have books on the Nintendo DS even... longshot though.

x2 Ipads... Epic. I want to "barrow" one from my parents and put a jumbo cardass on it. (huge sticker in other words) Maybe not give it back... but that would be wrong. They are so cool. I wouldn't mind an IPhone either....

I love the e-reader stuff. I would find it cool to have books on the Nintendo DS even... longshot though.
Hahaha, I think everyone wants an iPhone. They're so popular nowadays. How would you get the books onto the DS though? Good idea!

i have 1 ipad and 1 nook color
Lucky! My mom has the Nook Color. She loves it, and I wish I had gotten it. :p

I had a Cool-EReader which worked great for a while....but then I fell before the mighty iPad :D I must say I enjoy the iPad so much more (in terms of reading) because I do not need to switch on my bed-side lamp to read (which annoys my husband)! So I can read as late as I want! I want to give my EReader to my mom (she is also a huge reader like me :D ), pre-downloaded with great books, but unfortunately my mom is kind of afraid of technology (she can't even do an email :mellow: ) so I don't think she'll use it... Pity, because it is so much better to just take your ereader on holiday than a case full of books :p

i have an ipad 2 3g 64gb white, an ipad 1, still 3g 64gb, and an iphone 4 32gb. i use the ibooks and kindle apps on them (yes, an amazon kindle app exists for ios) and reading books on there is pretty cool, the graphics are amazing.

Sounds like you guys enjoy your eReaders!

What kind of booklights for reading in the dark do you use?

Today, I splurged and bought a Verso Arc light for $40.00 (U.S.) Anyone have this light? Does it work for you?

I have a Kindle. It's pretty amazing got to admit technology has out done it self:]

We have a Kindle and the Kindle app is on every Apple device in our home XD (minus the iMac :p )Its on my iPod,my Dad's iPhone and iPad and my Mom's iPad :eek: .I love to read so i'll just pick up the kindle and read a book (usually in one day XD) What I want is a nook all to myself since every book on my shelf came from the Barnes and Noble 10 minutes away. :p I still read "the old fashioned way" since I like turning the pages of a book. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the kindle and its really great!! :) I love how anywhere I am I can just buy a book and, well, start reading! Also I love how they have apps for your iPod/iPhone to get books like that. I'm really glad I dont have to drive all the way to the bookstore every time I want to read :)

I have The kindle app for my iPhone, and its pretty amazing. Though I really do love the feel of real paper in my hand.

I don't have any kind of eReader, but I might be getting the Kindle sometime this month. I can't wait!

I got my Kindle! It has the 3G WiFi and I got a purple M-Edge case with it. I got them both from Best Buy.

I have The Hunger Games, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Complete Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Im getting a Kobo Touch for my birthday on spet 24th only 1 more week and i cant wait!

Barnes & Nobel Encore (Nook Color), Rooted and running custom ROM (Version of software)

Book Types- Fantasy

Love my nook but would rather have an HTC Puccini (HTC Jetstream)

I don't have an e-reader. Probably due in part to the fact that I do voluntary work in an Oxfam Bookshop - and I just love browsing bookshelves and turning real pages of real books.

I also like reading on the beach and in the bath - e-readers just don't really mix well with sand and water (alledgedly) :p

I do not now, nor will I ever own an eReader. Reason 1: I enjoy the turning the pages of a real book, much like TamaMum said. Reason 2: I blame this whole eReader craze for putting Borders out of business. It was my favorite book store and now it's gonna close for good. There's no other good book store near where I live, and the closest one is a Barnes & Noble not only inconveniently far away, but it doesn't have as good of a selection as Borders. The only reason they're not the ones out of business is because of the nook, so I blame them mostly. 3: No, I don't want an iPad, iPhone, or iTouch either. I think they're waay overrated. Think about what they really are. A phone that plays music, with a touch screen. A lot of phones can do that. Apps, which other phones also have. Sure there are more on the iPhone, but all they're just cheap games that provide entertainment on a very low level.

My suggestion to the world: Read some real books. Don't give Apple all your money, it's not all its cracked up to be.

I don't read much, but I absolutely cannot read a book unless I have a physical copy of the book in my hands. I just feel really uncomfortable reading off a screen. And it's bad for my eyes to stare at a screen for long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back