Is it worth it to get a Tama-Go?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirl35381

Reaction score
I've been wanting to add a new Tamagotchi to my collection recently and I've been considering if I should get a Tama-Go or not. I love the idea of the changing faceplates and the expansion figurines but I'm still unsure. My biggest problem is if it would it really be worth it. I have a few basic questions about them and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) If you own one, do you feel it was worth it to get one? Why or why not?

2) Do they get boring after awhile or do they keep your interest?

3) Do they require a lot of attention?

If I did get one, I'd probably get one for my brother's birthday as well. He teds to be pretty forgetful though so that's why I'm wondering if they're very high maintenance or not.

Many thanks! :D

I own three. Too easy to take care of, scratches easily. Gameplay waaay too easy

Kinda fells like the P1 all over again only the quality of it is physically worse.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

I have one and they don't really take much to take care of. In fact, they are extremely easy to take care of in my opinion. The bad thing about that though is that there isn't much to do unless you have a couple of figures, and even after that it gets kind of boring too. That might just be me though. I don't entirely mind that it doesn't take much to take care of because usually I just enjoy seeing what tama I can get.

I own one too, but I think it's not really worth it. It's just my opinion, but I think it's kind of easy to take care of except the potty training part. I guess they get boring sometimes. There might be other people who thinks it's worth it though.

Tamafan777 :)

I just purchased one from a fellow Tama Talker. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. I'll most likely attempt to collect all the figures.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not worth it! In my opinion this is the worst tama to date! Even the original ones that came out back in 96 were a lot better then this new one. First off the actual egg is WAY to big and bulky to carry with you everywhere you go and second off the game play is simply way too easy. Not a good choice with this one bandai...

1) Yes- it's really fun. If I was running it by myself it might get boring, but I really like it. I lasted up to the 13th generation in one run, and I'm still going!

2) I'll admit it was more fun at the beginning, but I still really like all the characters and stuff it has.

3) Depends what adult you get. Bad care characters require more attention than good care characters.

I would get one if I were you. And a few figures.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll chew it over a bit more before I make my decision. I'm really leaning towards not getting one now but maybe if I can find one super cheap I'll get it.

It depends on what type of tama you like... If you like medium to low-level care tamas then you should definitely consider the Tama-Go. Personally I love the Tama-Go: The bulkiness is not that bad - in fact I love the way it fits perfectly into my hand :D . It makes it a bit difficult to carry it around and most definitely won't fit in your jean pocket - but if you have a purse/backpack/schoolbag (?) it is not a problem. Since I work and study I like my tamas to be not too demanding (e.g. the Music Star is way too intensive for me) and thus I own 2 Tama-Gos. I also created a lot of my own faceplates which makes the Tama-Go a lot more personal than other tamas. It depends on you actually. I would suggest that, if you have a friend with a Tama-Go, maybe you should ask them if you could take care of it for an hour or so and get the feel of it? Or watch some videos on YouTube - they are quite instructive and gives a nice scope about this tama. Good luck in deciding :p

1. I do own one, and I think it was worth getting. There are so many new, cool features to explore, like getting new houses, a lot of new store items (marshmallows, crepes, etc.), the fact that you can connect a figure and unlock a bunch of new games and store items, very unique and never before seen on any other tamagotchi version, and that they have cool new places to check out like the Park.

2. There are always going to be new things going on with the TamaGo, especially if you buy new figures. Its always so exciting when you get a new figure, and there are bunches to collect! The figures keep it new and fun in your experience.

3. NO. I am probably the busiest 12-year-old this world has seen, and I'm on generation 9 right now! It hasn't died ever and even when I think it will! Trust me, if there is one feature that I thank Bandai on for this product is how easy it is to own/take care of.

Personally I think you should get one. They're $10 at Target, which really isn't too much to ask for it, compaired to the Music Star and previous versions that are, like, $15-$20. Also, if you got one for your brother, you two could share figures and connect. It'd be super fun! :)

xoxo,

Missvioletchi

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's worth it because it's too easy to take care of and it's really boring, you might aswell get a different one.

I think the tama-go is a step back for Bandai. I think they're trying way too hard to innovate.

I have 2 tama-go, only because I try to get pairs of the connectible ones. I find the bulkiness difficult to deal with, you sit it on the table and can't see the screen very well. Plus the figure expansions get kinda boring after a while, and when they're attached they add to the bulk problem.

Personally, I like the Tama-Go. I like the low level of care because I can run one easily along with some more difficult tamas like Music Stars that need more attention. I don't mind the size, I carry it around in a purse anyway. Plus, I find it easier to get some of the lower care adults for some reason (even though I smother them in as much affection as I do the others that I always get perfect care guys on). I imagine running one just by itself could get boring, but I always have several tamas at a time, so I enjoy my Tama-Go a lot. :3

Well i own two TMGO's both are wave twos and i personally quite enjoy playing with them! Anyway here are my answers to your questions:

1) Well as i have mentioned above i own two wave twos and i find that they are worth getting because they are really easy to care for and they have the cute faceplates/figures. Plus it's something a little different to add to your collection!

2) I'm on 5th Gen with my purple wave 2 and yes i will admit i does get kinda boring after a while because well it's just taking care of a bunch of characters over and over again! But I'm still running it despite this because i really do love this version!

3) No, not at all apart from when they are babies they are pretty darn easy to care for. When they are in their teen/adult stage they only beep around 2-3 times a day, so you can sneak them into school and leave them for an hour or so and they will be perfectly fine!!!!

OK so i hope i have helped a bit, and i do recommend them, but i do understand why some people can't stand them. Because yes they are bulky and yes they do scratch easily and the gotchi figures in NZ are a real rip off!!! But other than that it's a great version with really cute characters!

Sakura-san123

1) It's quite a disappointing purchase in my opinion. It's downgraded from the older tamas and the figures are a cash cow.

2) Novelty wears thin very quickly and it'll be collecting dust after a few generations.

3) Not really. They're low maintenance, but how low is determined by your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back