Saddest animes?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuranboy

Reaction score
For me, the only anime I ever cried for was Elfen Lied. I bawled my eyes out after finishing the series. You have to be heartless not to shed a tear from this series. It is utterly heartbraking.

I did get a little misty-eyed from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I didn't come close to crying :/

Clannad :p

And I also cried in Elfen Lied, especially when those stupid little boys were murdering that poor dog -_- that drove me crazy!!!!

Clannad :p

And I also cried in Elfen Lied, especially when those stupid little boys were murdering that poor dog -_- that drove me crazy!!!!
i watched that once. i cried at that.

Thankfully, if i remember the girl gets revenge and blows the kids up?

i think thats what happened...she started to get more and more upset then she killed the kids. Good for her, those kids needed to be killed for murdering that poor puppy.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 6 and watched episode 51 of Keroro Gunsou, I cried. Lol.

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES. D: It's actually a movie, but it's pretty much anime. Just reading the wikipedia summary makes you want to cry your eyes out. It's really, really sad. Probably worse than Elfen Lied, and every other anime out there.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni's Minagoroshi arc makes you want to cry too. It's sad, they almost reach the happy ending.. But they all die. D:

i watched that once. i cried at that.

Thankfully, if i remember the girl gets revenge and blows the kids up?

i think thats what happened...she started to get more and more upset then she killed the kids. Good for her, those kids needed to be killed for murdering that poor puppy.
Yeah that does happen :p but I found it kind of sad that she also killed that girl, she did tell the boys about her dog, but she didn't want anything bad to happen (pretty stupid of her though)

CLANNAD.

omg Ive never cried that much in my life

.______.

AnoHana made me cry the most. SO MANY TEARS I couldn't even read the subs anymore lol.

Clannad also made me cry and I cried even more when I watched Clannad: After Story.

There are probably a lot more haha I get emotional and cry easily.

Oh yeah, I also remember that sometime when I was in middle school I cried a little when watching that one episode of Naruto when Hinata faces off against Neji. I loved Hinata (and still do), and I thought she was going to die. I also found it sexist that none of the girls won if they went up against a boy :/ That didn't really help the sexist Japanese male stereotype -_- '

My heart hurt for Hinata when she confessed to Naruto that she loved him, then nearly got herself killed by Pein (in Naruto Shippuden.) It didn't make me cry, though.

Oh yeah, I also remember that sometime when I was in middle school I cried a little when watching that one episode of Naruto when Hinata faces off against Neji. I loved Hinata (and still do), and I thought she was going to die. I also found it sexist that none of the girls won if they went up against a boy :/ That didn't really help the sexist Japanese male stereotype -_- '

My heart hurt for Hinata when she confessed to Naruto that she loved him, then nearly got herself killed by Pein (in Naruto Shippuden.) It didn't make me cry, though.
Yeah that episode where she was trying to help Naruto against Pein was sad because to me it really did look like she was going to die because I remember Pein did something and I was just sure she was dead :( but good thing she didn't die :D

plus i re-watched the clannad episode where the little boys kill the dog, and me and my big phobia of blood, i threw up ten times and fainted 2 times.

don't call me a freak, but i can't help if in afriad of blood.

Fullmetal Alchemist probably made me cry the most. Especially when Hughes died, he was one of the best characters. D: Also at the end of the series because Ed and Al were in the two different worlds, that made me sad. And also I cried at the end of the FMA movie, but those were happy tears bc i liked how it ended.

I got a little teary in some parts of D Gray Man as well, but not as much. Usually it was just happy tears when everything turned out all right, because there were a lot of close calls in that one. I'm actually not finished this one yet, i'm on episode 96 out of 103.

Ahh I cired in Death Note too. xD When L died I just seriously broke down. D:

And at the very end, where it shows Light on the steps of the building, I started crying. xD

I also remember I cried during Kanon 2006, and also years ago when I watch the last episode of Pretty Cute: Max Heart. xD It wasn't because it was a bad ending or anything, I just didn't want it to end. xP

But really, Clannad just killed me. I mean it seriously killed me. I probably cried almost every episode of the After Story. That show is just amazing.

You see, the thing about Clannad is that its humor is just too funny. I die laughing from it, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it does have its sad parts and I think I did shed a tear in one episode of the After Story, but its humor kills the sadness.

K guys, this may sound corny.. not sure if it's on any lists... and I have a slight 'obsession' with it..

But definitely Sailor Moon.

When you see the scenes where characters -even ones I hate- died.. it's also amazing. Beautiful death?

A couple of examples are;

• Nephrite's Death (Sailor moon classic, ep 24) - He got stabbed by one of his comerade's monsters, in his girlfriend, Naru's, arms. She is heartbroken at the fact that he's dying, and she bursts into tears, crying and screaming his name when he is gone. Not to mention he promised her a Chocolate Parfait.

• Sailor Neptune's and Sailor Uranus' deaths (Sailor Stars, ep 198). They tricked Galaxia and tried to take her star seed, only to be killed by her. It shows how they love each other, and their relationship has no flaws. It was very sad to see them go, but they stuck together even in deathh

• Saphir's Death (Sailor Moon R, arc 2, episode 86) - Yeah, he promised Petz (his past love) that he'd return after warning his brother, Dimande, that he was being used. Unfortunately, Wiseman heard this and ultimately killed Saphir. He didn't really get to see Petz after ;w; . Poor Petz D:

..yep, that's pretty much it.

Angel Beats!

It is based off how they are dead people fighting off 'God' or Tenshi... Right?

They had to die to get to the afterlife.

Some of the deaths of the characters are so sad.

The saddest are Yuzuru's and Yuri's. Yuri's isn't really a death story. More like her past - but if I had her past I wouldn't be able to live with myself! I'm not saying anything due to spoilers - but with both Yuri's and Yuzuru's they are both possible deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back