I Keep Seeing This On Ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteLilChibiTama<3

Reaction score
Hey there guys, I keep seeing this on eBay and its been intriguing me for a while. The Tama itself looks to be maybe made of inferior plastic and I cant spy the Bandai logo anywhere but maybe im just not seeing it... Anyway this is the link :D

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-BANDAI-TAMAGOTCHI-TRANSFORMERS-VIRTUAL-PET-NEW-CD-/120755470904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&amp;hash=item1c1d964238

Let me know what you guys think :D

Edit: Also if you enlarge it there is small black font on the bottom of the package saying "Bandai 2006 Made In China. In saying that it still doesn't make it a proper product I guess :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the very bottom right it has the bandai copyright on it. "Bandai 2008"

Yeah I saw that (I thought it said 2006), thats what makes me unsure.... but anyone can type on a box I guess, it doesnt actually have the proper logo on itm and it looks like it comes with a very obvious bootleg Dvd. If it was a proper Bandai product wouldnt it have the auntentic logo?

Yeah I saw that (I thought it said 2006), thats what makes me unsure.... but anyone can type on a box I guess, it doesnt actually have the proper logo on itm and it looks like it comes with a very obvious bootleg Dvd. If it was a proper Bandai product wouldnt it have the auntentic logo?
It would have the Bandai logo.I don't even think Bandai owns Transformers.I think its a fake,the background on the tama isn't the right one and the CD should be a Tamagotchi movie I think.

Transformers is a Hasbro toy. So... Nope. It might be a real tama, but I wouldn't know. I would lean more to the fake... Its probably an illegal copyright infringed DVD version of transformers.... Who ever really packed them together and burned the DVD eventually will get into trouble... Not you of corse since you are only the buyer/veiwer.

Transformers is a Hasbro toy. So... Nope. It might be a real tama, but I wouldn't know. I would lean more to the fake... Its probably an illegal copyright infringed DVD version of transformers.... Who ever really packed them together and burned the DVD eventually will get into trouble... Not you of corse since you are only the buyer/veiwer.
It definately looks like a bootleg version of the DVD as I have googled the japanese and chinese versions and they look nothing like that. And also I found the pack that they are trying to copy. I have a massive collection of tamagotchis and I found that I do infact have a V5 pack with a tamagotchi cd included, and you can clearly see the logo in the bottom right hand corner of mine, and its missing from the one on ebay, so yes I'm pretty sure we have figured this one out. I figured it was fake when i first saw it as it looks so inferior, but its nice to get a second opinion from everyone.

It's 100% fake. Look at the background being a heart instead of a family room. Look at the design being the wrong color. Look at the wrong DVD it comes with.

Just an update.I sent the guy an email kindly informing hm that the 4 he had listed were fake and he was charging about $100 including postage for a fake V5. I sent him pictures of the real ones that showed why his were fake and It was a really nice long email. What I go back was abusive crap,I wont go into detail but it wasn't very nice. He knows they are fake now...and listed more. Long story short, he has been reported for every item. I don like doing that but if he knows what he is selling is fraudulent, and continues to sell it... well thats his bad luck.

Just an update.I sent the guy an email kindly informing hm that the 4 he had listed were fake and he was charging about $100 including postage for a fake V5. I sent him pictures of the real ones that showed why his were fake and It was a really nice long email. What I go back was abusive crap,I wont go into detail but it wasn't very nice. He knows they are fake now...and listed more. Long story short, he has been reported for every item. I don like doing that but if he knows what he is selling is fraudulent, and continues to sell it... well thats his bad luck.
If you thought that was the right thing to do,go for it! I personally think the tama was very fake,but a good one(ish).

Yea thats fake but I think its funny that the seller also sells real tamagotchis like this angel tamagotchi angel he/she also has a v3 and some v2s and v1s on there too :eek: but I found a fake tama from he/she it comes with a different DVD rip off fake

oooo - I've actually made it a guideline not to buy from that seller anyway. Everything they sell is way too overpriced for out of package used items.

They have some that are best offer items too - and I offered a fair offer for one of their items (it's not a super rare item) and their counter offer was $5 off of what they were asking to begin with. :&lt;

Soooooo - I make it a point not to buy from them. Basically all you can do is report them to ebay for selling fakes that they clearly know are fakes now, and make a point not to buy from them if they refuse to do something about it. If a seller refuses to listen to their customers, then the customers have a right to boycott them - they won't make money if they don't listen to their customer base.

that's all there is to it. I'm sorry you got a rude response to your email. That's a bummer.

-Purn

i think it was fake because if you look closely on the tamagotchi v5 toy's background wall paper ,it looks like a v1's one :eek: .

Well, what I would say is, maybe Bandai's logo is at the back of the packaging and it could be some kind of Japan only special edition tama. Maybe the company allowed Bandai to use their product. It probably isn't a DVD, it could be a CD which can only be bought in Japan that's really rare. They could've even reused the V1 background for the tama itself. It looks pretty legit so it doesn't really convince me to say "OMG you're right it's a fake."

I shall shut up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back