Just purchased a New-In-Box Original Tamagotchi (1996-1997). SHould I change batteries before using?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthewaves

Reaction score
I just purchased an original tamagotchi for about $60 (i think it is the first version made in 96-97) (Purchased it because I heard that many people still love the original one even though there are other versions out such as the connection one). It is factory sealed in box, etc. so it is brand new. However, I have read sometimes that due to the shelf life of batteries, sometimes they can be drained over the years even without any use.

So my question is: After I open the tamagotchi box for the first time, should I go ahead and purchase energizer 1.55v replacement batteries and put them in? Or should I just be using the ones already inside and wait till they drain? Also, do the tamagotchi pets reset when batteries are taken out?

What do you recommend? 0.o Thanks!

I recommend taking the batteries out if you just plan on storing the Tamagotchi and if you're not going to be playing with it. Those batteries have been in there for 13-14 years and so you'd run the risk of having battery corrosion, which can ruin the circuitry. If you plan on playing with it, definitely use brand new batteries. I'm not sure what you mean by "reset" but vintage Tamagotchis don't have a download function like the Connections do when you change the batteries, so technically yes, the Tamagotchi resets when you take out the batteries. It doesn't pick up where you left off.

^ I think it's been 15 years. But, my math could be wrong. ;)

Definately agree, with Oldschooltama, unless you want to ruin your Tama (or at least POSSIBLY ruin it... ;) ) change the batteries. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back