how old is too old for the tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faery

Reaction score
is there an age where you are just too old to play with your tamagotchi? is it just a matter of growing out of it like a phase?

i dont think that the tamagotchi is too young for anyone but with that said it might be a little weird for a fourty year old to still play with one.

what do you think

I think you'll find that there are still plenty of older Tamagotchi fans around. In one post (not sure exactly where) I saw a member comment that they had introduced their grandchild to Tamagotchis.

Never. Orignal owner of one... I hope to never give up on my love of tamagotchi. Its a link to my childhood that I don't want to loose. So I grow up a little, I will still have my love for my tamagotchi.

Never. I got out of it for a while, then they introduced new characters and I was back in! :) I carry them everywhere in my purse and sometimes bring my figures with, too! :) I even make sure they can see the movie screen! I'm not weird, I'm just myself! :D

Well,

I have been ridiculed in the past for my tamagotchi addiction love but I try not to let it bother me too too much, though taking it out in public now is a little daunting.

I'm 23 and have been collecting, using and loving Tamagotchi since '97 :)

I don't think there really is an age limit. If it brings you joy and pleasure, then why stop due to dictation?

Well,

I have been ridiculed in the past for my tamagotchi addiction love but I try not to let it bother me too too much, though taking it out in public now is a little daunting.

I'm 23 and have been collecting, using and loving Tamagotchi since '97 :)

I don't think there really is an age limit. If it brings you joy and pleasure, then why stop due to dictation?
You shouldn't feel weird about it... I do it all the time. I usually carry them so anyone can see them. I would be sad if I walked right by someone who had a tamagotchi.... let alone one I could connect to. Usually its a clear vynil pouch too. Its so rare anymore.... You want people to remember them. Atleast I do... I've been told I am too old for them, But I don't care... It one of the things I love and it makes me happy. They know that...

I am brand new to this site and I have to say: this thread is the reason I joined! =p

I am 28 years old and a big kid at heart. I had 4 virtual pets when they first came out. I was in high school at the time. I just recently found 2 of them, started my RakuRaku DinoKun (the original) back up again (after some new batteries and a minor surgery performed to get 2 of the buttons working again) and have found a new obsession. I say new obsession because I currently collect virtual minipets in WoW. I have 130/188. I never knew there were so many different kinds of Tamagotchis, Giga Pets, and all of the other crazy brands of "keychain pets" out there. I am amazed and enthralled and yes I was rocking my Dinkey Dino on the belt loop of my shorts all day today. And you better believe if I saw an older person playing with one (or anyone at all for that matter, regardless of their age!) I would tell them to Rock On! ^^

Seriously, I don't think there is a "too old" for anyone to have any collection that makes them happy (unless it was dead animal carcasses or human fingers or jars of vomit or..yeah I have problems). Pets of any kind make me happy, and these little toy pets are harmless. I can only hope that one day, if and when I should ever have a family and bear children, they will love and embrace my quirks. Furthermore, the thought of my future children having a conversation similar to this one:

"It's mom's birthday next week, what should we get her?"

"Check her virtual pet wish list and get on ebay!"

makes me smile. =)

If anyone should disagree, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but...*throws Tamagotchi imposters* =D

Tamagotchi is ageless, regardless of what the packaging may say :p If it is fun and you enjoy it, how are you too old? :)

I'm in college and have a son, so I believe if you enjoy it keep doing it. I just don't play with my tama much in front of people because they can be jerks.

I think as long as you think it's fun and you still have your priorities in order, then keep on playing! ;) I'm 25, I have 4 children-I have had Tamagotchis since the first day they released in the U.S. and have been an avid collector since then. Even in childhood I saved and ordered them from Japan-and still do! I only play at night once my children are asleep, or WITH them during the day. There are days where they are mostly on pause, but I still love them. They are a great connection to older Tama lovers childhoods and young or old they are cute! ^_^ :blink:

Never. I got out of it for a while, then they introduced new characters and I was back in! :) I carry them everywhere in my purse and sometimes bring my figures with, too! :) I even make sure they can see the movie screen! I'm not weird, I'm just myself! :D
You are awesome I do the same thing

what movie screen?

That is beyond awesome!!

I've started doing that as well, randomly, I started positioning my Tama to watch something that I am, hahaa
tongue.gif

I have been told by my family that I am too old for tamagotchis but why would I stop playing with a toy that I enjoy just because a minority of adults play with them? You are never too old for a tamagotchi. I will be 25 this month and I own over 100 and play with at least four or five at once. They are in my purse and pocket wherever I go. I used to feel shy to take them out while others are looking, but I got over that quickly. Really who cares if you love tamagotchis!! I feel bad for those who don't know what they are missing.

You are NEVER too old for Tama's!!! I still love them even though lots of people call me a baby. This really sucks. But I feel a bit better knowing that my friend thinks like this too! :D good on ya!

I am brand new to this site and I have to say: this thread is the reason I joined! =p

I am 28 years old and a big kid at heart. I had 4 virtual pets when they first came out. I was in high school at the time. I just recently found 2 of them, started my o DinoKun (the original) back up again (after some new batteries and a minor surgery performed to get 2 of the buttons working again) and have found a new obsession. I say new obsession because I currently collect virtual minipets in WoW. I have 130/188. I never knew there were so many different kinds of Tamagotchis, Giga Pets, and all of the other crazy brands of "keychain pets" out there. I am amazed and enthralled and yes I was rocking my Dinkey Dino on the belt loop of my shorts all day today. And you better believe if I saw an older person playing with one (or anyone at all for that matter, regardless of their age!) I would tell them to Rock On! ^^

Seriously, I don't think there is a "too old" for anyone to have any collection that makes them happy (unless it was dead animal carcasses or human fingers or jars of vomit or..yeah I have problems). Pets of any kind make me happy, and these little toy pets are harmless. I can only hope that one day, if and when I should ever have a family and bear children, they will love and embrace my quirks. Furthermore, the thought of my future children having a conversation similar to this one:

"It's mom's birthday next week, what should we get her?"

"Check her virtual pet wish list and get on ebay!"

makes me smile. =)

If anyone should disagree, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but...*throws Tamagotchi imposters* =D
I just joined tamatalk a couple of days ago and wanted to say I'm 27 and still playing with tamagotchi's.

I don't think I will ever stop playing with them. Even my fiance accepts and understands me playing with them. In fact she bought me my V6;-).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in 8th grade now, and I occasionally bring my Tamas to school, and keep them on all day with sound off. They're REALLY fun for really long ceremonies/assemblies because my teacher doesn't care where you sit, and as long as it's on my lap with sound off, I can play all I want. I can tell my friends would be embarrassed to have one at this age, but they think it's cute when I get a funny character. I also let non-Tamagotchi players play some games in class when they ask about it. It's great to have someone who's never played a Tamagotchi before call it "cute" and "pretty awesome". I think that you could never get too old for Tamas, you just might be worried someone'll bully you about it. I love my v3 and v4.5! I have versions 1-5, and doubles of v1 and v2. :) :) :) :) BEBEH the Purimatchi says HI! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back