Customizing Your Precious Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPea13

Reaction score
Hiya!

It's me, SweetPea13 and this is my first Topic which is all about custom/modded Tamagotchis. I was thinking of painting my Tamagotchi or something like that but I don't know what kind of paint to use or how I should paint it. Answers are very much needed. Besides, I won't be the only one you'll be helping :) . Posting photos of your modded Tamagotchis are even better, and a few steps on how you did them, too.

You know the guidelines very well, I suppose. So please be nice and I hope We all get along! :D

SweetPea13 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an old beat up p2 tamagotchi that I got in a lot. The thing was poorly taken care of so I plan on repainting and customizing the screen and things. The insides work fine, just the shell looks terrible. I don't have the money to get pain. I was thinking of getting spray paint and clear coat to do it and just use some of the acrylics I have to do finishing work on it. Maybe if I can get all the necessary things I will need this weekend I will try it.

What I'm thinking I will need:

Sand Paper, fine grit

Spray Paint

Clear Coat

possibly some paper for the background

touch up paint and a small brush

If I get to try it out this weekend I will let you guys know how it goes and possibly have some pics.

-Purn

Nail polish works, or you can just 'bedazzle' your Tamagotchi. A good way to decorate a Tama is using those nail stickers that usually have things like little flowers or butterflies or whatever, and they're pretty cheap too.

If you're looking for some ideas for how you're going to customize it, there's an amazing topic here with lots of questions and answers and different customized Tamagotchis.

Good luck decorating!

Nail polish works, or you can just 'bedazzle' your Tamagotchi. A good way to decorate a Tama is using those nail stickers that usually have things like little flowers or butterflies or whatever, and they're pretty cheap too.

If you're looking for some ideas for how you're going to customize it, there's an amazing topic here with lots of questions and answers and different customized Tamagotchis.

Good luck decorating!
oooh! Sounds promising. Although I've tried nail polish, but the output was all messy. Screw my painting skills ;P anyways, I think I have those stickers hidden somewhere...

I have an old beat up p2 tamagotchi that I got in a lot. The thing was poorly taken care of so I plan on repainting and customizing the screen and things. The insides work fine, just the shell looks terrible. I don't have the money to get pain. I was thinking of getting spray paint and clear coat to do it and just use some of the acrylics I have to do finishing work on it. Maybe if I can get all the necessary things I will need this weekend I will try it.

What I'm thinking I will need:

Sand Paper, fine grit

Spray Paint

Clear Coat

possibly some paper for the background

touch up paint and a small brush

If I get to try it out this weekend I will let you guys know how it goes and possibly have some pics.

-Purn
great! I'll be looking forward to it! :>

1zqt20n.jpg

V4.5 in a Music Star's shell. I ruined my V4.5 with nail polish, and the Music Star was not my favorite. So, I took off the the sound wires from the Music Star, unscrewed the circuit board and took off the LCD screen. I replaced those with the V4.5's and assembled it back together.

I wouldn't use Nail Polish... The Acid supposly will ruin the shell in the long run. Not too sure about the spray paint either... I would use Acrylic paint. Just don't forget the clear coat. Watch what paints you do pick up....

I did that once to my Purple Tama-Go with pearl stickers... It looked cool for a bit, but then I changed my mind. I removed them but the sticky residue was still there, I had to use goo-gone to get it all gone... and an eraser too. It was a pain. I'd watch those crystal ones too... They were lines of stickers you can use for scrapbooking for boarders/frames.

If you go to customize, be warned, you might not be able to fix the paint/cusomization once its set/dry. So make sure it is what you want... I got lucky I had stuff to remove it.

We had a topic a few years ago where a member showed us pics of the modifications they did on their tama: Steampunk tamagotchi! it was a fantastic example of tama modifying :)

Tama-Zone.com has a great thread about Tama modding with lots of pictures on different things that ppl have done to change their tama's appearance - it's really interesting to read through :D

Tamenagerie.com also has a page with modified tamas.

I hope these give you a few ideas

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this REALLY old V4, 5 years old, and of course over the years the design got rubbed out and the "Tamagotchi" at the top got super faded and the screen got ultra scratched. It looks, well, 5 years old. But I don't want to ruin the orginal design by painting it, I just want to preserve what's left of it. Could I coat it with some everyday transparent substance (not clear nail polish) that you'd expect to find in an ordinary household? For example, clear-dry PVA glue? Also I don't want to ruin the smooth shape with something hard like wax, I'd just like something that protects it from further damage and doesn't make it horrible and bumpy?

Also, I think if I dig around in my craft box I might be able to find some scrapbooking-type stickers. Would these work on my iD L or possibly the V4? I have plenty of stuff that my mom threatened to give to my sister if I didn't use it within the next 6 months, so should I just get rid of as much as possible by sticking it all on my Tamas?

You can just open it up but be careful and change the pattern inside the screen or make your own. ;) This could break your tama so be careful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back