Create your own Tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwd45

Reaction score
Taken from Tama-Zone:

As a lot of us would have noticed by now, Bandai America have been very quiet lately, especially when it comes to Tamagotchi. Their silence was broken today however, with the announcement via their blog that Bandai America had formed a new partnership with Edison Nation, an American idea-to-shelf company that prides itself on taking ideas from regular people and making them into actual products, and giving them a fair share of the profit.
Bandai are looking for brilliant new ideas for revolutionary, modern toys to engage kids of all ages and to bring our their creative and fun side, using modern technology, and they're asking the general public for their ideas. This includes both original products and new ideas for already existing products, including Tamagotchi! Never before has Bandai allowed fan-submitted ideas for Tamagotchis, but now they are asking for them.

Visit this page here for more information: www.edisonnation.com/bandai

It's free to sign up, but it will cost $25 USD to submit an idea, and of course there is no guarantees that your idea will be chosen, so it is quite a lot of money to give to potentially get nothing in return. The rewards are great, though. If your idea is chosen, you will receive a $2,500 minimum advance on 20 years percentage of sales or buyout, as well as 50% of the royalties on your product.

This could potentially be great for Tamagotchi. It could also potentially be just another Toy that is added to Bandai's name that detracts from Tamagotchi. I really, really hope that it's the former.

Let the ideas begin!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what would be really awesome is if the whole of Tama-Zone worked on an idea for the future of Tamagotchi, and one of the Staff members submitted the idea on Tama-Zone's behalf (each contributing member could donate $1 towards the idea or something). That would be amazing, but it'd also be pretty hard to do. :b
Quote by SamJJE101

So, what do you think? I will try to keep track of any ideas here.

I don't want to sound negative, but ... isn't this something that's just copied from Tama-Zone?

It's an interesting idea but why not simply track the topic directly on Tama-Zone? Here: Tama-Zone: Create Your Own Tamagotchi?

I know SamJJE101 is also a member on TamaTalk but this is a topic started by them on Tama-Zone for Tama-Zone. There are heaps of our members who are also registered at Tama-Zone and they can contribute to the thread there.

I dunno - it just feels like copying to me (but not in a very flattering way). Just saying. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting! I will definitely be suggesting some ideas relating to both Tamagotchi's and the future of Bandai's technology! :)

I don't want to sound negative, but ... isn't this something that's just copied from Tama-Zone?

It's an interesting idea but why not simply track the topic directly on Tama-Zone? Here: Tama-Zone: Create Your Own Tamagotchi?

I know SamJJE101 is also a member on TamaTalk but this is a topic started by them on Tama-Zone for Tama-Zone. There are heaps of our members who are also registered at Tama-Zone and they can contribute to the thread there.

I dunno - it just feels like copying to me (but not in a very flattering way). Just saying. :blink:
I did say that it was a quote. Since neither SamJJE101, nor anyone else,had posted it here, I decided to post this to get it more popularity. I'll put a link to the original post up.

EDIT: Never mind, can't change original post. Thanks, again, to Sam for finding this.

cool but, i dont see why WE should pay to give THEM ideas so they get more money??? i bet a bunch of dumb people will still pay for them anyway <_< , at the end of the day, we are giving THEM ideas, so why should WE pay?? :huh: love tamas though xx :lol:

cool but, i dont see why WE should pay to give THEM ideas so they get more money??? i bet a bunch of dumb people will still pay for them anyway <_< , at the end of the day, we are giving THEM ideas, so why should WE pay?? :huh: love tamas though xx :lol:
In a sense, that's just like refusing to pay at McDonalds because you gave THEM the order.

Remember, people/companies need to find a way in making money one way or another. ;)

That is soo cool!!! I just watched your vid BTW XDD I will deffo consider this... although i doubt my parents will let me pay $25:00...

:lol: WOW! SOOOO COOOL! Honestly, I love the sending idea thing, but it it a little expensive. :( I would DEFINATLY pay $5.00 to send in an idea. But it's $25.00. I hope that they DO MAKE another Tamagotchi and it will be a success and then Bandai will continue to make them. :D

omg $2,500 dollars and %50 of all money from the tama?!?! I would definitely pay $25 dollars for that!

I would send $25.00 and all for the sake of tamagotchi but, I am drawing a blank for ideas, so some one please come up with a idea!!! SAVE TAMAGOTCHI!

We have loads of ideas on the Tama-Zone forums, I would take a look there ;)

EDIT: Ah, here's the link: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=25022
Thanks, Now it will be easier to see what the people/ tama fans are looking for! (I hope we don't lose to someone else with a totally diffrent idea than tamagotchi. :( ) Still Try it, win it, let us be proud!! :lol:

I will be happy to submit ideas on this topic, NOT on Tama-Zone (I can't be a member of Tama-Zone, I'm under 13) if a guide or admin assures me that nothing I post will be sold to anyone or given to anyone but BanDai, and that my user name or any of my other information will not be given to BanDai. I simply want my ideas to be given to BanDai, and if you need to say anything about who gave them, just say it was a member of TamaTalk. If possible, once my ideas are on this topic do not send a link to this topic to BanDai. The reason I say this before posting my ideas is because I'm not quite sure of my rights as a member of TamaTalk, and I just need someone trustworthy to confirm that one of my rights is to have none of my information sold or given away without my permission.

I really do think I have some good ideas worth contributing, and they are suggestions on making Tamagotchi better. I'm really glad my ideas can come in useful for once, instead of being a nuisance all the time! I just really need to confirm that nothing that I don't want will happen with my information, whether it is that BanDai starts advertising to me or I get thanked for ideas on BanDai's blog. As soon as it is confirmed that nothing but my ideas will go to no-one but BanDai, I will be happy to post them!

~ Dazzzmina ~

cool but, i dont see why WE should pay to give THEM ideas so they get more money??? i bet a bunch of dumb people will still pay for them anyway
dry.gif
, at the end of the day, we are giving THEM ideas, so why should WE pay??
huh.gif
love tamas though xx
laugh.gif
Yes, but they're offering you a percentage of any profits made on your ideas. So it's sort of like entering a competition- there's a fee to enter, but a chance you can make lots of money.

I don't want any money! I just want to give my ideas! Just making that clear...I am ten years old, not wanting to get involved in any financial stuff, I just want to help save Tamagotchi! I don't need money, I need Tamagotchis to be continued and sold in stores in my country! Doesn't everyone else feel the same? (Well apart from adults who need to make a living, obviously)

:furawatchi: ~ Dazzmina ~ :chohimetchi:

Wait sorry, I cannot contribute any ideas at all if you have to pay for it. I'm not allowed to pay for anything Tamagotchi related, however there is a very very small chance I might be allowed if I hinted, not asked. It is an awful lot of money though, 25 dollars, and I'm not even sure if I HAVE that much after buying a V2 with first class delivery. But one thing is clear: I do NOT want anything in return, unless my idea ISN'T chosen, in which case I want my money back. Is that possible?

Wait sorry, I cannot contribute any ideas at all if you have to pay for it. I'm not allowed to pay for anything Tamagotchi related, however there is a very very small chance I might be allowed if I hinted, not asked. It is an awful lot of money though, 25 dollars, and I'm not even sure if I HAVE that much after buying a V2 with first class delivery. But one thing is clear: I do NOT want anything in return, unless my idea ISN'T chosen, in which case I want my money back. Is that possible?

No. Unfortunately, the competition has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back