Me=sad. :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut05

Reaction score
I is sad. I am always getting teased because people keep teasing me about likeing Tamas. How can I stop this? AND NO ONE TELL ME TO GIVE UP TAMAS!!!!!!
mad.gif

Hi peanut :) Maybe if you post thiongs on what they say it might help us buti get called sad for being 12 and liking tamas but i just shrug it off and go 'Yeah but atleast i have a good hobby rather than some ignorant person ehem you with a hobby of making fun of people's hobbys. You know the world DOESNT evolve around YOU' Then walk off. If it starts turning to cyber teasing just block them and if its then starts to be bullying {Physical bullying} Tell a teacher, tell a parent and if they were your 'friend' and you know their parents well tell their parents. Hope i helped ;) i hope they stop

Hi peanut :) Maybe if you post thiongs on what they say it might help us buti get called sad for being 12 and liking tamas but i just shrug it off and go 'Yeah but atleast i have a good hobby rather than some ignorant person ehem you with a hobby of making fun of people's hobbys. You know the world DOESNT evolve around YOU' Then walk off. If it starts turning to cyber teasing just block them and if its then starts to be bullying {Physical bullying} Tell a teacher, tell a parent and if they were your 'friend' and you know their parents well tell their parents. Hope i helped ;) i hope they stop
Oh my gosh thanks so much! You really helped! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Peanut05! :hanatchi:

After reading your post, is it safe to assume that people tease you about owning Tamagotchis during school?

If this is the case, I recommend you don't bring them to school. Easy and efficient! :newmametchi:

Or of course, you could do what xPinkTamagotchix has suggested earlier. Adding to her suggestions, you could also come across as more of the wiser being in the situation, saying something along the lines of "I have my own hobbies, you have your own hobbies. Simple. Now I will be the more mature person and walk away." B)

hey peanut05 try to ignore them.dont give up on tamagotchis that easily! ;)

I can connect to this. Today I showed my friend my V4.5, and she said she used to have Tamagotchis and jokingly asked what version it was. I said it was a V4.5 and she smirked and called me a nerd.

I just shrug it off. I don't think they're a child's toy. Plus, people always have their electronics (iPods, smartphones, etc) and I haven't heard of them getting made fun of. Why should we be made fun of for having our own interests, you know?

I agree totally with what Desirae,Joshmeo and Pink Tamagotchi said. People play stupid games on their smart phones all the time and they call people immature for liking something that functions as a virtual pet. :rolleyes: We all have our own interests like Deseraeisdeseirae said. One of my friends still wonders why I'm playing with a "toy"."Cause I can. Why are you playing with your iPod?"I would say back. The rest of my friends know that my iD-L is one of my favorite things, they learned to accept it. ;) They even know some of the character's names,now we talk about Tamas sometimes. Some people judge things too quickly,when they get to know it better,they might like it. :)

Hello Peanut05! :hanatchi:

After reading your post, is it safe to assume that people tease you about owning Tamagotchis during school?

If this is the case, I recommend you don't bring them to school. Easy and efficient! :newmametchi:

Or of course, you could do what xPinkTamagotchix has suggested earlier. Adding to her suggestions, you could also come across as more of the wiser being in the situation, saying something along the lines of "I have my own hobbies, you have your own hobbies. Simple. Now I will be the more mature person and walk away." B)
Thanks for the help but at our school were not actually allowed Tamas at school. I just talk about them a lot! :D Thanks for all your help guys! Its really helped!

Whatevr you do, don't listen to Cyanide . Giving up tamas for a few people is just wrong. When they pick on you, say sweetly "I would be offended if I acknowledged your opinion. These are what I like, so keep your comments to your self please." or something along those lines. BUT NEVER GIVE UP TAMAS!!! WE NEED YOU PEANUT05!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my friend (Fwoggy's her username on here, but known as Makiona) recently got into Tamas, and I'm getting her a V5 for her birthday (and an identical one for myself! 15th Tama! Yay!) and we've been sorta "teased" by some of the boys in our class. It's pretty obvious most people think of them as really old-fashioned things that should be sold for $2 and replaced with an iPad. Quite a few people have seen me drawing Tama stuff (I'm on a desk with only Makiona and I, so I thought no-one but her would notice, but they did) and here is the most common response:

Boy: Is that Tamagotchis?

Me/Makiona: Yes.

Boy: You're into THEM?

Me/Makiona: Yes, what's wrong with that?

There are really only a few people who go "Oh, I remember them!" and show some interest. In fact Makiona was one of those people. I was, except I got into Tamas again after the 2004-2006 UK craze independently, by finding my Tamas in a drawer when I was looking for my savings. I never found the money, but the Tamas and the collection and passion that came from them was worth much more than a few £10 notes to me. I have had quite a lot of trouble managing to get anyone else into them, and have lost a Tama's life and a blue bead keychain in the process, but it's worth it to keep Tamagotchis going.

Yeah, most of my friends aren't interested in tamagotchi's. Here's what happened a few weeks ago on the bus:

Me: *takes tamagotchi out of bag and plays with*

Girl in the seat behind me: what are those?

Me:tamagotchi's.

My friend, sitting next to me: they're like little virtual pets.

Girl in the seat behind me: those stupid things?

Only my best friend{the one I mentioned above} actually likes them, but is still not worthy enough to actually have one. I remember the time I gave her one. Here's what happened a week after I gave it to her:

Me: so, how's your tama going?

My friend: oh, I lost it. I tried looking for it, but I can't find it.

I guess I learned my lesson on not lending my tamas to my friends.

Yeah, most of my friends aren't interested in tamagotchi's. Here's what happened a few weeks ago on the bus:

Me: *takes tamagotchi out of bag and plays with*

Girl in the seat behind me: what are those?

Me:tamagotchi's.

My friend, sitting next to me: they're like little virtual pets.

Girl in the seat behind me: those stupid things?

Only my best friend{the one I mentioned above} actually likes them, but is still not worthy enough to actually have one. I remember the time I gave her one. Here's what happened a week after I gave it to her:

Me: so, how's your tama going?

My friend: oh, I lost it. I tried looking for it, but I can't find it.

I guess I learned my lesson on not lending my tamas to my friends.
I'm exactly the same. I had this friend, and I lent her my V4. A week after, she lost my homemade keychain and had kept it paused the whole time. And I got teased on the bus. A lot.

Trust me, I've run into this. Well, not exactly me, but my friend. See, I was forced into hiding my tamas because once we entered Middle School, I felt like people would tease me. My friend was more strong-willed than I, and she still played them, talked about them, etc. in front of anyone: it didn't really matter to her. But some of my other friends started saying mean things about tamagotchis behind her back and I just told them: Hey, guess what? She's my best friend, so nock it off. If you really have that big a problem with tamagotchis, good for you, but no one wants to hear you complain about them all day (Along those lines ;) )! Slowly the comments stopped. See, if friends are your friends, they'll stick up for you, no matter if you like playing with My Little Pony or tamagotchis, at whatever age you are! :) I just heard this quote the other day and I really like it: "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter". So just have fun, dream out loud, be yourself, and stop worrying about what other people say, because you have one life and no one can control it but you :) :) And every nice and sweet person here on tamatalk is fully supportive of your loving tamas, so continue on! :) We'll all enjoy your presence here no matter what :)

I'm the same, except I'M the strong-willed friend. Of someone who's actually on TamaTalk and into Tamas but doesn't have any Tamas and is going to get one from me for her 11th birthday. But I once was the strong-willed friend of nobody, but I still kept going and kept loving Tamas even though there was one time when I was on the school bus and there was a bully behind me going punch punch punch and teasing me every day and calling Tamas rubbish little tricycle attachements for 2-4 year olds and telling stories of them throwing their sister's Tama in the swimming pool. Because they are just jealous. I am the second oldest in my school (only cause I'm still stuck in Junior/elementary school), and roughly the second youngest here on TamaTalk, but it doesn't matter, I still keep loving Tamas no matter how young or old I am. But it may be not as bad for me, after all I am thinking "in a year I'm gonna be leaving this school and moving on, maybe even moving country" but I would still love Tamas even if I wasn't leaving in a year. Because, I know all the annoying-er people on here say this, but I also say haters gonna hate. Tama haters gonna hate Tamas, and that's fine, you know they're just missing out on a classic but cool virtual pet.

all i can say is, ignore what people tell you, if you like tamas keep'em with you!

im 15 yrs old and i still haven't given up tamas, even when people tease/make fun of me, i still hold on deeply to things from my younger childhood. ;)

NEVER give them up. I made that mistake once and now I regret it. :( I really wish I could find them but now I'm stuck with these too-big-to-hide-in-school ones. :(

Thanks guys but the teasing has just become way too much. I can't take it anymore. So now all my Tamas live in a box under my bed. They havent been played with in ages. So don't expect to see me around so much.

Just today I got teased. People calling Tamas suckishgotchis, tama-stink-tchis, saying they're for 5 year olds...whatever. Who cares. If you feel you don't have any friends, well, you've got friends here! And if you've lost friends, those "friends" weren't worth being friends with if they gave up your friendship just because of a little toy. That's all I've got to say. Don't lose your love of Tamas just because of other people. One more Tama fan lost to the teasing and other trends, if you give up Tamas. I don't want to put pressure on you, give up Tamas if you want.

Well, all what you need is 2 ingredients for this recipe:

some Ignorance

Some Confidence

Just like that.So simple. Don't care about who say that, If you like tamagotchis,Then it's you,And the people who tease you should accept it. So just ignore them. May be even don't talk to them again,Or just give them a chance to change,or else,Don't talk to them.

I hope i helped. ;)

On the box it says 8+ so this toy isnt for 5 year olds. Tell them that the whole orange doesnt belong to them. Everyone who lives on the orange has a very tiny speck of it. We share the orange. Or just say that "You Shouldnt Blow Out My Candle To Make Yours Brighter"

Though, being me I would insult their mum and stuff but you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back