Language you will use with your children?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one, if you could pick any? (You'll have to stick w/ it)

• English (no others)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Spanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cantonese

• Japanese

• Vietnamese

• Korean

• Local Asian dialects (Not well known at all, some kind of uncharted language)

• Spanish

• Portuguese

• French

• German

• Russian

• Indo-European languages

• Italian

• African language

• Carribbean language

• Southeast Asian language

• Pacific language

• Other/ Combination

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Nerdy

Reaction score
It can be your native language or just a language you would likely want to use. ("At home" language)

I'm choosing Japanese. If it's Japanese, they'll be able to understand two types of grammar. ("If" they learn English) If you didn't know, Japanese is very simple, unlike some other Asian languages. Extra info: My mom speaks Chinese (Mandarin), Cantonese, Vietnamese, *unknown dialect that called for the option above*, and English. Dad speaks Chinese (Mandarin). I speak Chinese, *that dialect*, French, and Japanese.

I'm Chinese. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally English...

But I do randomly say random French to my older Niece and Nephews... They enjoy it. Sometimes Spanish, but I rarely paid any attention to it.... It was always the SAME hash at my schools... you had to go into Spanish 2 to learn something new-ish...

English and Chinese (Mandarin). That's how I grew up. It's important to me to be able to speak my native language. Haha, and hopefully, if I can pick up enough Taiwanese, I'll speak it with my kids a bit.

English and Maori.

Knowing Te Reo would be very useful for when they grow up.

Just English.

Even though my parents are Chinese, I'm never going to learn it. Maybe a little Japanese, but mostly English. :p

Vietnamese and English. Both of my parents are Vietnamese and they raised me to speak both languages so I'm hoping for the same for my children. I don't want to lose my native language. It'll be even more impressive if they could speak both because they'll most likely be of mixed heritage; my boyfriend is Caucasian and we have talked about raising our children (after we're married and have them, of course) to be able to speak, read, write, understand, etc. both languages. :)

i chose English and french i know both of these languages, and in addition, being bilingual can help with getting a career, which is why I've been taking french since i was in grade 1.

It seems I need to explain further. You need not to say English. (I mean, unless you live in a place English is not an official language) What I mean is, well, for example, a couple is Asian and speaks Chinese. They will speak only Chinese to their kid. (Their view: You'll learn English in school, pointless to do so now) That's the kind of thing I mean.

I would LOVE if when I have kids they would be able to speak german/french/both. My mom and dad both have german and french heritage (not JUST that, but you know....mainly), and I know french and bits and pieces of German. So yeahh...

I voted "Other/ Combination". :)

I live in Norway, although I was born in the UK. I have no intention of ever moving back to the UK. I'm going to be staying in Norway forever! :D

And because of that, I'll be speaking Norwegian to any kids I have. :) I can already speak Norwegian pretty well. But I'll be sure to teach English to them as well. :) It would help them do well at school. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back