Is Bandai America Going to STOP making Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Lovelitchi-

Reaction score
From what I've heard from other members, Bandai will PROBABLY STOP making Tamagotchis. But I'm not 100% positive. I have sent Bandai this question today asking about it:

Is this the end of Tamagotchi? Are you not making them anymore? What's going on!? You don't update your website, you don't

really sell Tama-go's at stores like walmart anymore. WHY!? Before I continue, please look here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/176284-do-you-think-bandai-america-will-stop-making-tamagotchis/

I DEFINATLY AGREE with lots of things said in that topic.

I think the Tama-go isn't doing well because it doesn't have alot of features on it. And if you want MORE. You have to pay $10.00 just for ONE figurine that only gives you two games and a shop. I think you should try to advertise more and sell older versions of Tamagotchis. Like, you could have just a BURST of lots of older versions and try advertising. Or make a NEW Tamagotchi with lots of NEW EXCITING features, and isn't TOO expensive. But, anyway, my REAL question is this:

Are you going to CONTINUE to make Tamagotchis? Or..........

are you going to QUIT? I may of sounded like a jerk in this message, but I want to let you know that I really CARE about Tamagotchis and want to do something about this if they are not doing so well. So...please, could you reply as soon as you can? Thank you. :)

Tama-Lover

4sxx0g.jpg

I don't know when or IF I will get a reply, but PLEASE DO POST what you have heard about this. I have put this: "TOGETHER WE CAN SAVE TAMAGOTCHI" poster as the PHOTO on my profile. If you want to help, you should put this as your photo too! (If you don't want to it's okay.) But I really hope they CONTINUE making Tamagotchis..... Let's hope for the best! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they don't stop. They've been going for years now, and after how tragically unsuccessfully the Tama-Go sold, it's no surprise that they might stop. Tamagotchis have pretty much disappeared in Europe, except for the UK, where tamagotchis were temporarily discontinued last year, but began re-selling this year in July.

Tamagotchi has so much potential, it would be a shame to see it go now. Let's all hope that a tamagotchi wins the Edison Nation Create-Your-Own toy competition, so that the brand can be restarted.

It's too early to give up hope yet.

I bet if they had just sold the color ones in more places other than japan they would make tons more sales. I really don't see why they don't. Its almost like as if you had a million dollars and just threw it away.I'm sure that more people will be drawn in by color pixels rather than plain old gray and black. Not only that but their is a bunch of stuff you can do too that make them more unique for example, You can dress up your tamagotchi and get downloadable content too.

I bet if they had just sold the color ones in more places other than japan they would make tons more sales. I really don't see why they don't. Its almost like as if you had a million dollars and just threw it away.I'm sure that more people will be drawn in by color pixels rather than plain old gray and black. Not only that but their is a bunch of stuff you can do too that make them more unique for example, You can dress up your tamagotchi and get downloadable content too.

I agree people world wide have stuff like smart phones,tablets,iPods, etc. I think if they just bring the ID L world wide then more people will buy it and tamagotchi's will most likely get popular again :D ! blue tooth would be nice because pretty much no one has a infra-red phone anymore :) .

EDIT:I forgot that they should bring the anime worldwide because anime is pretty popular where I live

I have a feeling they will. The only place i see them nowadays is in Toys-R-Us. Even they're putting them on clearance! Hopefully this isn't the end of Tamagotchi... :(

If you want to help, you should put this as your photo too! (If you don't want to it's okay.) But I really hope they CONTINUE making Tamagotchis..... Let's hope for the best! :lol:
Would it be a good idea if we all make individual ones? I'm fine with using yours, but I think it would be interesting to see the effect of everyone making their own.

Would it be a good idea if we all make individual ones? I'm fine with using yours, but I think it would be interesting to see the effect of everyone making their own.

That's a GREAT idea! Please make your own! :lol: Bandai might see them. ;)

I really don't want Bandai to stop making Tamagotchis. I mean, I dont have even one mid-connection, (Ok, I may have a V1 but that was at a garage sale.)

I really want those vintages and v2,v3,v4,v4.5,v5 & v5.5.

I really don't want Bandai to stop making Tamagotchis. I mean, I dont have even one mid-connection, (Ok, I may have a V1 but that was at a garage sale.)

I really want those vintages and v2,v3,v4,v4.5,v5 & v5.5.

Yeah...I know what you mean. Maybe you should send Bandai a simple quote like, "PLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING TAMAGOTCHIS!" I think maybe if everyone did that, maybe they would continue to make them?

I expect them to stop making them for USA sales. From what I can see Tamagotchis are more successful in Japan. Which doesn't surprise me. When they first came out in the USA in 1997 people went wild...and I mean WILD. All of the kids in class had one and they sold millions in one year. (I believe around 42 million...) That totally wasn't the case when they came out with the connections. It did revive the Tamagotchi fan base but most kids that are now 9 years old - 14 years old (The target demographic) are much more interested in more high tech toys. Such as video games etc...1997 was a very different time than 2011 for sure. Walking through Toys R Us the other week I was overwhelmed by the technology that is now in toy stores...Tamagotchi is far behind - well at least in the USA they are. The ID L would be a GREAT release for the USA and I think they SHOULD release it in English. I think it would do well - however I don't expect the madness that ensued in 1997.

To be quite honest, I sadly do believe that this is it. The attention and focus towards them have been withering away over the last three or so years. If they decide in continuing the line, it'll only decrease even more. :hanatchi:

Unless they decide to once again revolutionise Tamagotchis as they did when they re-released them as "Connections", then no, they should not be continued. :newmametchi:

I was glad to see Tamagotchi reappear in the UK this year after its brief hiatus, but it disappointed me to learn that it was an Argos exclusive. What disappointed me even more, though, was that I knew nothing of this news until I accidentally stumbled upon the Tama-Go when I was thumbing through the catalogue in question. Add to this the fact that they're selling the Tama-Go unit and not the character figures alongside it in this country, and you've got a franchise that's on its last legs.

We all know that the Japanese are still enthusiastic about Tamagotchi, so there's hope there; but unless something drastic happens, we may have to wait a few years for another relaunch akin to the Tamagotchi Connection phase of the franchise's history. Assuming that this actually happens. As has already been stated: everyone has a smartphone or a tablet device nowadays, and cheap imitation virtual pets and similar software are both inexpensive and easy to access without having to carry a simple, quaint, dedicated Tamagotchi around in a free pocket.

This post may reek of pessimism, but it only stems from my love for the many iterations of Tamagotchi that we've seen over the years. There really is nothing to rival the Tamagotchi experience when they get it right, but the technology itself (even in the iD/iD L, which was a big step forward) seems to be becoming less discreet nowadays, and is pretty antiquated in the eyes of the ignorant.

I wouldn't call it pessimisim per say. Perhaps more realistic. Everyone is looking for the next best thing in technology these days. : /

EVERYONE! LOOK WHAT BANDAI SENT BACK!

Dear Tama-Lover

Thank you for contacting BANDAI AMERICA.

This is an automated response to your completion of the Customer Service Contact Form.

We received your message on: 10/07/2011 23:22:00

We appreciate your taking time to contact us.

You should expect to receive a response to your inquiry within 2-4 business days.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this matter to our attention.

Our customer feedback is an invaluable resource, which enables us to continue to

improve our products and meet our customer's need.

-Customer Service

BANDAI AMERICA

I should get a response to what I wrote at the top of the page! I hope I get it soon! :lol:

Umm,, i'm not sure about the thing. :ph34r:

This is the first time for me hearing these kinds of things :eek:

i asked the people of bandai here what they said:

Bandai America appreciates your interest in Tamagotchi.

As of this writing, there are no new Tamagotchi toys planned for release by the end of this year or shortly after.

We do continually add new items so there is always a possibility of newer Tamagotchi toys so we shall keep your question in mind for consideration.

Best wishes,

Customer Service

Bandai America

i asked the people of bandai here what they said:

Bandai America appreciates your interest in Tamagotchi.

As of this writing, there are no new Tamagotchi toys planned for release by the end of this year or shortly after.

We do continually add new items so there is always a possibility of newer Tamagotchi toys so we shall keep your question in mind for consideration.

Best wishes,

Customer Service

Bandai America

Hm.....well, maybe my they will send me a different response! Let's hope for the best! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back