"Made in Indonesia" real or fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purpurn

Reaction score
So, I am currently looking to improve my pet collection and while searching for Digimon, I came across some that have the Bandai copyright info on the back, but then say "Made in Indonesia".

I have actually seen Tamagotchi with this same things going on the back of them too. Does anyone have any idea if these are real and they were created in Indonesia for like an Asian market at some point, or if they are just really genuine looking fakes?

Here is a link to what I am talking about: https://www.ebay.com/itm/250906665719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648. I can't find the tama one, but I have seen one from another seller that was a tamagotchi that said the same thing though.

Any help/advice is much appreciated! :D

-Purn

My digimon says made in Indonesia on the back :) If they're otherwise identical to a normal tamagotchi I suppose it's just a different factory that isn't in China.

My digimon says made in Indonesia on the back :) If they're otherwise identical to a normal tamagotchi I suppose it's just a different factory that isn't in China.
See, I was just used to the American Market ones that should generally always say "Made in China". Are you in the UK or AU cause I saw another one with what looked like the English instructions from one of their type of packaging (the purpley type cover on the instructions - American ones had just white) and it had "Made in Indonesia" on it. Do you remember the packaging it had if it ever had any?

Honestly, people don't sell any Digimon products cheap hahaha - that is why I ask. I would like to be able to play with them and have two to battle with so I don't want to mistakenly get a fake that won't connect to anything else. I mean, to me it looks real, but has no packaging and things so it's hard to tell ya know.

Thanks for the reply though :)

-Purn

It looks legit to me, since the casing is off high grade as I can tell and:

The egg sprite is correct, the colors are correct, I remember this coming up more often, and remembering that some indeed have a legit one made in indonesia. Also every icon showing looks official, as well as the meter and chain on the device. The sticker is the same, and even the details on the back looks the same.

Overall, it looks legit to me ;)

And I know it has been sold, but I just wanted to give you my knowledge about this, he he.

It looks legit to me, since the casing is off high grade as I can tell and:

The egg sprite is correct, the colors are correct, I remember this coming up more often, and remembering that some indeed have a legit one made in indonesia. Also every icon showing looks official, as well as the meter and chain on the device. The sticker is the same, and even the details on the back looks the same.

Overall, it looks legit to me ;)

And I know it has been sold, but I just wanted to give you my knowledge about this, he he.
Thanks for your input! I just got one (a gen2) that actually says "Made in Indonesia" on the back of it - everything looks good. The board looks legit too. I think that they were made in Indonesia for the AU and UK. Indonesia is like right above the AU, so I guess that would make sense cost wise for shipping. Also I have heard that Indonesia is becoming the next rising producer of products along with China. After starting it up and playing it - it seems to be working perfectly fine and just as I have read about them playing. I will be monitoring it and see if there is more info I can put out there for Digimon collectors. :)

Thanks,

-Purn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back