Pokemon Road Trip

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaturtle

Reaction score
Bringing it back with a vengeance. A group of friends, all very different - competitive trainers, specific trainers, breeders, you name it - decided to all go on a road trip together around their home region, Unova, and possibly the other regions too (if they can raise enough money to get there, that is). Who knows what they'll do on their trip - maybe get some gym badges. Enter a few competitions. Maybe even hunt down some legendary Pokemon. The world is completly open, and on this trip, it's their playground. So what will you do?

-------

RULES

- First off, basic RP and TT rules: no Mary Sues/Gary Stus (shy characters aren't exactly the way to go here, guys), no Kawaiis, no godmodding, keep it family friendly, etc.

- This RP is literate, so no script formats here. I'm expecting at least four decent length sentences per post here, people. Also, sure, use different fonts or whatever floats your boat, but don't use MASSIVE FONTS AND COLOURS~

- I have to accept your form before you can start replying, and I reserve the right to kick you out of here.

- Pokemon wise: no having legendaries in your team. Also, no Pokemon with levels higher than 50. Gotta have some training left to do, right? Your character can start off with some badges, but don't give them all of them. Again, gotta have something to do.

- Let's have some diversity between the characters, yeah? We can't all be competitive trainers, that's just dull.

FORM

Name:

Personality: Make it realistic, and so it doesn't contradict itself.

Looks: Descriptions are loved. Pictures are accepted, but no anime or 'kawaii' pictures, and at least accompany it with a short description.

Pokemon team (+ levels and nicknames, if any):

Other: Anything worthy of note, e.g. type of trainer, any badges, etc

Name: Adam Mercy

Personality: Adam's a quiet sort of boy; not shy, but not exactly loud and sociable either. He's never the first person to start a conversation, and will simply sit there happily involved in his own thoughts until you pull him into a conversation. When talking, you'll quickly realise it is practically impossible for Adam to have a serious conversation – he just can't resist injecting a little bit of humour into it. Adam has a habit of become fascinated and ever-so-slightly obsessed with the strangest of things, one recurring fasicnation/obsession being the idea of the legndary Pokemon Darkrai. Once something, whether it be an idea or a task, takes hold of him, Adam finds it very hard to ignore and give up, hence why he's gone on this road trip. It often falls to his friends to stop him from doing anything stupid whilst pursuing the latest thing to have a grip on him; a demanding task. Strange obsessions aside, Adam's a friendly, knowledgeable boy who is a good and loyal friend.

Looks: The one thing that never changes about Adam is his hair. It's always kept the same length and the same colour, a dark brown, with his fringe flicking in the same direction every day and nearly always hanging over his right eye. Speaking of, his eyes are blue, not that you can often see them under his hair unless he bothers to comb it out of the way or you manage to get really close. He's of average height for a guy, and he doesn't tend to tower above anyone, which makes him a hell of a lot more comfortable around people than he would be normally. He tends to wear brightly coloured t-shirts and dark jeans to contrast with them, and only occasionally covers them up with a jacket or hooded top.

Pokemon team (+ levels): Honchkrow (level 46), Drapion (level 42), Deino (level 39), Umbreon (level 42), Spiritomb (level 47), Sharpedo (level 43)

Other: He orginates from Nimbasa City, Unova and often ends up acting as a tour guide to those who are from the other regions. He has four badges, but he's put getting them on hold - he's not really focused on them, being a specific Pokemon trainer (Dark type, in case you hadn't guessed), but is thinking of taking them up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
(AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH.)

Name: Terrance "Terra" Koufax

Personality: Terra is somewhat of an uptight rebel. He hates idiots and he hates people that act like little children. He has a potty mouth and is free with insults (@Any mods or admin who comes to murder me: I promise I will use taz &*^&!^$(!@$ swears!! Don't kill meeeee argghhhh!!) Terra is definitely impatient and uptight (At a gym leader, he'll be all "Yeah shut up I wanna battle now" when they're in the middle of talking). Luckily, he isn't always a complete cranky timer bomb that can be set off easily- Terra can be a nice guy to buddies and a great guy to have on your side, as he is pretty loyal and sticks tight to his buddies.

Looks: Terra is a guy with short, blond hair with some gel to make a mini only like a half an inch high mohawk in teh' middle, only minus the shaved hair part around the tiny mohawk, and he has green eyes. Terra is 5'8 and about the average weight for normal 17 year old males. Terra tends to wear the normal male getup (I've taken to calling it this since there really isn't much else you can make a guy wear other than so), AKA jeans, t-shirts, and light jackets/hoodies depending on the weather. He has one of those rucksacks like the ones from Pokemon Ruby, which he wears.

Pokemon team (+ levels): Garchomp (Nickname: Boss, level 46), Togekiss (Nickname: Unicorn, level 42), Typloshion (Nickname: BURNNN, level 42), Lapras (Nickname: Boat, level 43), Metagross (Nickname: Rage Face, level 45) and Starmie (Star Blah, level 44 <- This is my actual starmie in my games lol), and he keeps another pokemon in the box, a Pichu he got in an egg (Nickname: Cereal Guy, level 6).

Other: He has 4 of the Kanto badges, and has a rather bad reputation with the gym leaders for being so impatient and telling them to hurry up and go on with their stupid dialogue. He has a few baby pokemon in the PC box he never uses, AKA useless pokemon like the bug pokemon you need to have in the beginning of the game as well as Cereal Guy the Pichu. Terra originated from Goldenrod City in Johto. His pokemon love him despite their ridiculous names.

Name: caomi

Personality: a pokemon breeder is trying to breed rare type's. gives helpful advice is cute and bubbly

Looks: long brown hair big brown eyes (sorry hate descriptions)

Pokemon team

pichu/Zap: lv 22

egg

Other: pokemon breeder winner of 2 breeder of the year jr awards

Name: Cinder Marie Torelli

Personality: Cinder believes in what others don't. She's that little girl who believed all those fantasy spun stories about fairies and magic, stories told to the young children to lift their spirits. She's very optimistic, and always finds something good in something or someone - even when there's not a speck of good seen to anyone else. Even though Cinder is optimistic and believes in fantasies, she's not one to trust easily. She's a closed book, and she doesn't enjoy opening up. While children would go outside and play or work with their families, Cinder preferred to be up in her room, reading books written by her ancestors about the magics of the world. Cinder is also very keen; inquisitive, you might say. She's able to observe something once and remember all the details later. She takes notice on her surroundings at all times, which is why she prefers to be up high. In the trees, surveying people and watching what's happening. On the ground Cinder feels vulnerable, open to being hurt or attacked. So she's stay high up, running along roofs and bouncing across the trees. This could be a reason why her favorite pokemon type are Flying.

Looks: Cinder has a very fair, pale skin tone, and yet she has dark brown eyes to knock everything off. She's very small, standing at about four-nine, not even five foot. She has dirty blonde hair, with dark tones. Her genetics puzzle people, blonde hair, brown eyes, pale skin - but she is never bothered. She's very slim and small, and at first glance - almost has a doll-like appearance to her. Fragile. She has long legs, so she excels in running and is faster than most. She can run a good distance, but she wears out after a while. Her hands are small, like the rest of her features, and her nails are trimmed evenly. Cinder's hair tends to stay soft, however, after a bit of days without bathing, it'll become oily, and her head will get itchy. She also has some freckles, delicately dancing across the bridge of her nose and fading upon reaching her cheeks and they're a shade darker than her skintone, so they're only faintly visible - but become more apparent when she's been in sunlight for a while.

Pokemon team (+ levels and nicknames, if any): Her pokemon don't have any nicknames, as she tends to forget things easily. So, in her party she boasts only three pokemon, who she's had for about four, almost five years now. Anyways, they are: Pidgeot (Level 41, male), Beedrill (Level 29, male), Flaaffy (Level 23, male), and her newest addition: Vulpix (Level 16, female).

Other: Cinder is a very serious trainer, despite her carefree personality. She tries to keep all her pokemon trained equally, but just by looking at levels, you can see who she battles with more often than not. She only has two badges, despite her levels, surprisingly. Cinder prefers to train her pokemon to nice levels and then get the badge/s in a matter of seconds with ease; rather than having to do some long battle.

Name: James Spar'go

Personality: James is the voice of experience in many a situation. Being the somber, relaxed person that he is, he sees a lot of the world around him and takes it all in; Many mistake this for being analytical. He is not one to raise his voice, and is never the type to panic. Unfortunately, this does not help him make friends too quickly... While his true self is approachable, the fact is, he intimidates most strangers. He is indeed quite intelligent, to the point at which any advice or information from him can be counted on, though he is blunt when it comes to correcting another person - especially in terms of ethical issues towards pokemon. He also comes off as rather lazy (which in all honesty is the case), struggling to truly find the motivation to do anything he didn't specifically decide to do himself.

Looks: A tall young man, coming in at 6"9. His skin is only ever so slightly tanned, giving away his appreciation for shade, and his body is of a relatively flat build with appreciable musculature, giving him a somewhat defined, chiseled look - the look of a guy that doesn't actually try anything with his style and appearance, just happens to have this one. Messy oak hair and similarly coloured, deep, half-lidded eyes give him that final lazy-day air that just seems to sum him up. He also wears a pair of slim rectangularly-lensed glasses that balance upon the middle of his nose, enough so that he looks over the lenses rather than through them - the last piece to turn that casual, sleepy look into a sharp, almost cynical one. His clothing is as simple as a shirt and jeans, normally a shade of blue if not more typical, earthy colours that seem to best suit him.

Pokemon Team: Nidoqueen (Eliza, lvl. 50), Sandshrew (Mole, lvl. 15), Onix (Gardaz, lvl. 15), Larvitar (Larxe, lvl. 15), Mudkip (Apollo, lvl. 15)

Other: James is a pokemon breeder, and the difference in power between his pokemon and their wild, similarly-levelled counterparts is obvious; They pack quite the unexpected punch. James is also a well-practised "Moves Tutor", though his services in this department are reserved quite exclusively for when he thinks the individual pokemon and said pokemon's trainer are truly "ready". While he is not so in to competitive battling or specific trainerism, he obviously holds quite an affinity for Ground-types.

Oh my god, it's alive. And James?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! Haley James and Runner, you're accepted, but sadly Caomi, I think your form needs more development. Look at the other peoples and have another go? :/

OKAY GUYS LET'S DO THIS.

It was a quiet day on Route 18, with almost no movement anywhere from Pokemon or trainers. Well, it was quiet, until Adam started shouting from the car at the Pokemon centre next to him. "Hey, guys? Come on! Are you nearly done stocking up in there? My Pokemon actually have dreams of evolving!" He asked, drumming a small tune out on the wheel. As the current designated driver, he had been left behind to 'guard' the car. Well, apparently - they were probably just leaving him behind due to his amusing (well, he found them amusing) antics in the last Pokemon centre. Clearly, no-one else thought the Potion bottles looked like dinosaurs. Sighing heavily, Adam fell into his own thoughts again, pulling out their town map and sweeping his gaze over it, not really focusing on anything in particular.

"Shut the heck up!" Terra emerged from the Pokemon Center, glaring at Adam. "Dude, we were only gone for like six minutes! Learn patience, @*$(@^!" Irritated, he climbed into the car, getting into the front passenger seat. "So. Where are we gonna be heading next? Say Unova and I murder you in your sleep." Yawning, Terra laid back against the seat, stretching his arms up into the air. "I hate Unova. Just look at wittle Vanillish or whatever it's named. If we ever see one anywhere, I am going to try to scarf it down."

I was totally dead. Then I got better. :D

James spent minimal time in the pokemon center - in fact, all he had done was bought a few more pokeballs. He didn't actually carry much equipment around at all, which many considered unusual, but but when asked about it, he would always claim that his resourcefulness was his greatest asset. He had only a few man-made restoration items on him, and even those were more for other people than himself. He didn't battle often enough to warrent them, and even when he did, he was good at finding ways of avoiding harm being caused to his pokemon, and had taken it upon himself to teach them restorative moves. He strode out of the building with his little Mudkip, Apollo, on his shoulder, the Larvitar Larxe sat casually on his left foot, and his little Sandshrew rolling after them in his curled-up form. The three little pokemon lend James an air of cuteness he wasn't very comfortable recieving. And their sheer adoration for him didn't help too much. Not that he didn't feel the same... He just preferred his calmer, more reserved way of appreciating companionship. To Adam, the guy left in the car for reasons appropriate, James blinked. He wasn't so sure he was comfortable with this guy driving. Common sense would dictate that anyone finding hilarity in dinosaur-esque potions would not be the wisest to operate a vehicle. Not that James hadn't sniggered somewhat at the event, because he did.

At the outburst of the other male he was travelling with, James turned his head lazily to glimpse him. He couldn't help but sigh. He found it difficult to fully come to terms with how rag-tag this team was, but he shrugged it off, quietly taking a back seat as Terra called shotgun without needing to speak. James was content to go with the flow instead of trigger another rather amusing rage-rant. As he sat down, Larxe and Apollo remained where they were, with Mole bouncing up and uncoiling in his lap.

Good to hear, James, good to hear.

Adam exaggerated his flinching action as Terra yelled at him, quickly straightening up and grinning at the other male. "Dude, we're in Unvoa right now. So it'll be a little hard to avoid." He nudged Terra's side. "Looks like you might be having ice cream for one." He spun around in his seat as James got into the back, sniggering slightly at the Pokemon clinging to him. "God, looking at you makes me imagine what it would be like if my Pokemon decided to cling to me like that. Last time I checked Honchkrow was bigger than my head." He hooked his hands into a wing position, flapping them over his face and making bird noises before spinning back around and turning the key in the engine after shoving the map in Terra's general direction. "Here you go, Unova hater, pick a location in Unova."

I are cereal. Death is bad for you, kids. Consult your GP if you believe you are suffering from it.

James looked at Adam with a cocked eyebrow after the odd impression of, assumedly, Honchkrow. "...It took Eliza eighteen months to grow accustomed to the fact that she was too big and strong to be cuddling me after she evolved into Nidoqueen. I just thank Arceus that Gardaz likes his personal space." He tickled Mole as the Sandshrew rolled around in his lap as cat might. "...My broken ribs aside, what exactly was the plan? I have a feeling in the pit of my gut that you don't actually have one, but I'd like to just make sure."

Name: Krystol Irel Havor

Personality: Mostly to herself and quiet but with friends or family she can talk on and on. Her mind is also in question since she knows alot of facts that are usless but sometimes forgets simple things to do. She's very imaginative and artistic although you wouldn't know, unless she'd actually show you her pictures she doodles all the time, which probably she wont due to as said before keeping to herself. She has a tendency to overwork herself aswell causing strain and stress uneeded but all she wants is to be in the normal district. When with pokemon though she very open and will feel like she is in the normal making her feel stressless and very happy. if you do manage to get her to talk to you, you'll hear a mouthfull. Due to past health issues she is even more so strugging to fit in and so she might seem sickly at times.

Looks: Auburn/Copper-llike hair with very pale almost sickly skin. Very stormy eyes that'll look ethier grey or blue depending on light or what she says "mood". Pale lips and a oval head. her hair is a messy sholder length and flips outward. A curvy slightly skinny body with a sizable top half and a thigh to match. She wears purple everything so purple tops are always seen on her. She enjoys jeans or slacks and will wear tennis shoes, or during the summer, sandals. She has a small carrying case with a one strap over her that carries her pokeballs, pencils, notebook for doodles, snacks, and some medicine in which she has to take.

Pokemon team (+ levels and nicknames if any):

Volcana

Charizard

female

lvl 47

First pokemon she recieved but it was actually from her mother as an egg. The bond between them is very strong and so she also knows about her trainer's health concerns and will try to nudge her or somehow alert her to care for the problem. Volcana is actually very sweet compared to most charizards and refuses to attack to young of an opponent such as a young pokemon.

Chime

Chingling

female

lvl 14

She is the main team healer as well as the youngest and least trained due to her coming into the team so much later on. She's very hyper and happy mostly and will get sad and even cry if seaperated from her trainer for a small period of time. Her trainer thought it would be a good idea to add someone who could heal the team up after a harsh battle so they might carry on untill they reach a pokecenter. idealy she was to be trained more and a bit older but she got on the team never the less. volcana is very protective over her and act almost like a mother to her. This though could lead to problems due to chime not understanding that volcana isn't her real mother.

Crossbone

Cubone

male

lvl 36

Although he hasen't evolved he still packs a punch literually and is the teams main back to back fighter. Because he can handle long fights he's learned a few attack and defense uses. although he's blind, yes you heard me he is completly and utterly blind due to a bad trainer from before hand. He was taken in by the group very depressed and so taking about his sight really ticks him off. He is though able to hear movement well so it's not like he's useless.

Eve

Eevee

female

lvl 24

She is planning on becoming a umbreon indefinently but the problem is she isn't happy enough. Why not? Well to break it down she feels useless. She actually was a plan to start a breeding farm that failed due to her not being a shiny. So as most eevees that aren't shiny she was thrown away and picked up by this trainer. She still wishes to be useful but as of far she is defined and so she sees that as a problem. She will try to fit into certain crowds that aren't right then feel even worse. She realates to ehr trianer though which makes them both very happy and so her trianer usually draws her the most and shows how different she really is in a good manner.

Skar

Skarmory

lvl 30

he is a speedster and a rusher. he's known for his KO moves to finish the battle quickly and is also the main team flyer. he flies the rest of them wherever needed and fast. His wings are scar'd though due to a mightyena attack once. They don't bother him much and so aren't a concern. He might rush the team to eat quicker or run faster or such but knowing his trainer's erm "problem" he actually feels enough simpathy to slow down a bit.

Egg

???

???

Will actually hatch into a male chikorita but it's profile will soon beknown very very clearly!

Other: She is a strategic trainer to a point. Sometimes she'll help her pokemon and sometimes she let them go about on their own. Due to this her pokemon are happier and more at ease when fighting.

Because of her "problem" she might actually turn down battles and just give a smaller amount of money before heading off. She has to care for herself in order to battle and so beacuse of this her traveling is slow paced and boreing at times. It has been known though that she can pass out so even during a battle she could have a problem and might have to end the battle with a hospital trip. This will be a sorta chance card for her since she doesn't know when or where it happens so bewarry you guys reading this. She could pass out during a battle with you!

badges- only 1 since she's gotta take things easy.

((yes a sickly trainer! What's your thought? also yes I gave the pokemon profiles to define them...even a few of these were actual pokemon I had in the games and I always gave them a sorta profile to work off of since it was funner than just being and getting better stuff all the time and just rushing the game.))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back