Which is better, original or newer tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoesRaven

Reaction score
I am personally tied. I really enjoy them both, I love the connections newer features and I love how the older ones are like taking care of an actual pet. Now I will admit there are flaws with each, the original doesn't have many animations and the games get dull; the connections sometimes go over board with features to the point where it feels more like a game than a little pet. Now versions 1-3 are a happy little medium, they have plenty of animations that make your tama more fun and life like, silly even. And they give you more options and allow you to continue on with future generations, the connection makes sense because its like taking your dog to a dog park to make friends with the other dogs. My personal favorites the V4 and 4.5 pushed the bar a little bit with the work and school options but it's not so over done that it kills the pet feel. Now what I would like to see with any future tamas is the little stories that came with them. Like how in the originals they were little aliens that wanted to see what life was like on earth, the ones that landed in the ocean became oceangotchis, the ones in the forest became the morino and the ones who died became Angelgotchis. I really like that about them, it seem to make it easier to care for them if you treated it like an actual critter who just wanted to "see the world" and make a friend or two.

So what does everyone think? Original or Connection? And would you like to see future tamas back track to their origins? An original p1 and 2 make over if you will. If so what would you like to be done with it?

I'm running a V3 right now, and I love it, but I'm finding it kind of slow. I've only ever ran a V1 before, but I'm sure it's lost in a closet somewhere in my mom's house. XD I wanted to try out another tama since I've been having a pretty easygoing time with my V3. I was really torn between trying a V4.5 or a Tama-Go, but I ended up purchasing a white Tama-Go off E-bay today. I hope I like it, because shipping was kind of pricey!

And personally for me, I think the reason why people like the originals so much is the nostalgia that comes along with opening the box, and pulling out that simply designed eggshell knowing it's just like the one you played with back in grade 2. XD

I'm running a V3 right now, and I love it, but I'm finding it kind of slow. I've only ever ran a V1 before, but I'm sure it's lost in a closet somewhere in my mom's house. XD I wanted to try out another tama since I've been having a pretty easygoing time with my V3. I was really torn between trying a V4.5 or a Tama-Go, but I ended up purchasing a white Tama-Go off E-bay today. I hope I like it, because shipping was kind of pricey!

And personally for me, I think the reason why people like the originals so much is the nostalgia that comes along with opening the box, and pulling out that simply designed eggshell knowing it's just like the one you played with back in grade 2. XD
That must be it :D

If you are talking about oringinal tamagotchi such p1,p2 and stuff like that, then i can't really say anything about it because i have never owned one :p . But if you mean oringinal Tamagotchi as in v1,v2,v3,v4 etc etc then i have to say i really love them!!!! I wish that stores would sell more tamagotchi like these because they are so much fun to play with, and nowadays everyone has to look online to find them!! I of course own a couple of these versions and i am running my two V4's right now. I love all the cute characters and how some on the older versions like the V2 and V3 are quite basic and low maintence so you don't have to fuss over them as much. I have never owned anything from the V2 down (Sad i know but I'm working on it ;) ) but i do own a V3 and it's one of my favourite versions!!!!

As for the more newer Tamagotchi such TMGO,IDL,ID,TMGC+C etc all i have to say about these is that i only own the TMGO'S out of those, and i really love it!! I love that some of the features are quite like the color Tamagotchi (Not quite sure which one though) and how they have some newish kinda characters, but not many which i think is a bit of a downfall for the TMGO. Other than that i really enjoy it. I don't won any kind of color Tamagotchi (it's on my wish list though!!) but judging by logs that i have read by other people i think the more complicated color tamagotchi are really cute!!! I can't really say much about them though as i don't yet own one :) .

So me I'm kinda having a hard time deciding which i like better!! Although i think personally I'm always gonna like the orinigal tamagotchi like V3 and stuff because i basically grew up with those ones and i have always loved them. Where as i have just being introduced to the more newer versions, so they aren't as speical to me as the oringinals.

Sakura-san123 <3

The new ones are cool but I still love my V2! It's actually my favorite. :mametchi:

It depends on what time you buy them. Say if you buyed a connection like a year ago you would of probably got bored by now. Then if you purchased an original now you would of liked it a lot and spent all day on it. For me, i can play with my Music Star and my Tama go all the time! I never get bored of them. I used to have a connection and i liked it. Then i got bored of it.

It depends on what time you buy them. Say if you buyed a connection like a year ago you would of probably got bored by now. Then if you purchased an original now you would of liked it a lot and spent all day on it. For me, i can play with my Music Star and my Tama go all the time! I never get bored of them. I used to have a connection and i liked it. Then i got bored of it.
I prefer newer Tamas, I find my Angelgotchi a bit slow and boring. Its okay though...I like my V5 and iD L. Maybe the iD L is a bit complicated for me but I like it and the V5!

~ Dazzmina ~

Though I understand what you mean with the newer ones becoming more like games rather than pets, I'd have to say I like the newer ones better :) . Mostly because with the older ones, there's little to do other than take care of it's needs and it can get boring quickly. I don't know maybe I like the game feel of it more. I guess as long as it can keep me entertained for awhile, it's all good xD. IMO

I don't like the newer ones because they are more like games than pets. I loved the originals for their simplicity. It's a pet that you care for. It wasn't trying to be anything else. It wasn't trying to be a video game. From what I've read the later models kind of got away from the pet raising thing. I know some like all the new stuff you could do. I don't. If I want a video game I can buy a DS and get much better games than what could be done with a tiny LCD screen. I just want a simple little digital companion that I can take places. The only thing the newer models introduced that I like is the breeding thing. I like that you can keep it going like that. For me the originals are the best.

I own V1-V4.5 and I honestly only like V2-V4. The V1's were too simplistic and the V4.5 just went too far, mainly with the characters. After version 4 the characters became ridiculous if I may say. They started to look like objects instead of critters or aliens and that ruined it for me. The version 4 had new characters but they still looked like little pets that I could give human traits to just like real pets. I do not like the concept of the V5's at all seeing as they are you raising a whole family.. which is just too much and still carried on the object characters. The Music Star was kind of absurd seeing as your virtual 'pet' can not obviously join band which again is just too much. I do not know enough about the newest versions after that so I will not judge them yet. I will have to do some research. I think if the V2,3, and 4 were mixed somehow it would be a perfect Tamagotchi. Keeping all the older characters from V2 and V3 but keeping the growth system and school and job addition would be a neat mix. I would definitely enjoy it. Sadly it doesn't exist :\

That's just my opinion though.

:)

It depends where you border it. V5 V6 and Tama-Go were personally the worst and also the most recent in terms of the English language versions. While if you count the Color, Hexagon, ID, ID lovely melody, ID Station, ID L, ID L 15th. count as recent-ish more ID/ID L border then personally they are better.

so in english language, older

japanese, new.

I personally don't care which Tama I run. They're all cute virtual pets, just with different features and games. Although they did lost the plot of a virtual pet at the V6. I am currently running a TMGC+C (I know my signature is never up to date), and it's so simple, raising a cute virtual pet, and yet it's fun. It's a perfect balance, because in a way, it's old AND new. I also love the V3, V4.5, and V4, which I will start up all of tomorrow. I have loads of time nowadays! :D

~ Dazzmina ~

I like the versions all the way up to 4.5. After that, they lose their originality, and they aren't so fun anymore because Bandai is trying SO HARD to make them better.

I like all versions really! I have a v4 and v3 running, and i absolutely love them. But, the nostalgia of the v1 and v2 will never leave me. I saw the Tama-go on youtube and absolutely hate it because it takes away the sense of a virtual pet because you cant even name it.

I think that the originals are very cool, but once you play the modern Tamas, it's hard to go back to having less features. V3 is my favorite Tama (although I don't have any color ones, so I can't judge those) because it has lots of features but isn't high-maintenance like the V4, V4.5, V5, and Music Star. Tama-Go is okay except for the figurines. They are too expensive!

Well, i love the concept behind all the tamagotchi's. I dont own v1 or v2's, but i have v3, v4, v5, v6 and tama-gos. Also i have the ID L, and they are all so different from each other. Now i cant play with the original tamagotchis n e more, cause it soo boring and only have like 10 characters. But i like something different about each new release. V4.5 would be my favorite version if all the characters werent all weird. And i wish they made more versions like the music star, they had all the cool features but you HAD to be a musicstar, you couldnt get n e other job or practice n e thing else. I dont even know how they went from the v6 to the tama-go.. Its a mystery...

It really what type of setting you like when i mean this i mean do u like it with out the background or with it and what type of games they have is one of them as well, i like the new ones because u can connect to other tamas

:babytchi:

I'd have to say I like only p1 through v3. (I didn't mind the introduction of breeding for the connections) I can tolerate v4 and v4.5 but anything after that not at all. I felt like they got away from what a tamagotchi really was supposed to be. I prefer my Tamagotchi to be more v-pet like over game-like. I really enjoy TMGC+c because it is just a simple v-pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back