Just Dance?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
So, has anybody else played any of the Just Dance games? For those of you who dun know what they are, they're basically these games where you dance (duh). They have pretty good music and are fun to play with buddies. I have Just Dance 3, and it's fun. I really wanna get Just Dance, but I've heard some people say that it's not that good... So... Any input on that?

It's a good game, I bought Just Dance (1) a couple of years ago. My daughters play it more than me - they invite some friends round and spend the afternoon or evening competing against each other in teams - and have such a laugh.

I use it from time to time instead of an exercise work out - it's just as good ;)

The music is pretty good - most songs are by the original artists - but getting a bit dated now; my favorites on the music list are Groove is in the Heart, Who Let the Dogs Out and Le Freak, plus a couple by MC Hammer and Gorillaz. Some dances are more fun than others and some do make you feel like an idiot. But I think generally it's a good game.

The dances might get a bit boring once you've had the game for a few months (I think there's only about 30 tracks) but it's a pretty good choice for Christmas - you could probably give your family endless amusement, especially if your parents' "middle aged dancing skillz" have kicked in if they've reached that "certain age"! Well, you're supposed to be having fun (although some of the moves can be dangerous for any small children or pets who happen to be passing by). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it from time to time instead of an exercise work out - it's just as good ;)
That's good to hear, since I looked at the game's track listing and was all "Yay there's Cotton Eye Joe and Womanizer and U Can't Touch This and other songs I like!" but then I saw reviews on gamefaqs and I was all "Uhhhhhh... Wut" But I guess the main reason people rate it low is because there's nothing to unlock. Then again, it's meant to be a party game, so yeah :3

PS: To anybody who wants to get Just Dance 3, if you want to get it because of there being Party Rock Anthem, Dynamite, Forget You and California Gurls, beware, cuz beyond that, you get a lot of songs from the 80s and from foreign countries. There's like only two other recent songs (Unless you get the Target/Best Buy exclusives), so if you want it for the glimmer, then expect to get bored quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Runner- yeah, I just got Just Dance 3, and I was really happy that there were some 80s songs and stuff other than current pop music. I do love Party Rock Anthem, but in general, popular music these days kinda sucks. I haven't truly enjoyed the popular music since 2008, which in my opinion was the last really good year for music. I can't even stand to listen to the radio anymore.

There were some songs on there that I love, and my sister hadn't ever heard them, but I'm like "too bad, we're doing this one anyway". Although I'm glad there's a game that my sister will finally play with me, because she actually does win sometimes. She doesn't really play video games with me- or in general- because I would always win, lol.

I used to have Just Dance 2, and it was really fun. I also played Just Dance 1 at a party, and I rented Just Dance 3 for a day. Sadly, we had to take back our Just Dance 2 because my brother sold the Wii :( .

I have Just Dance 3 for kinect. I personally don't like it :( . The only reason I got it was for the E.T. dance. I think Dance Central is WAAAY better, but that's for xbox 360 players with kinect, like myself.

I think Dance Central is WAAAY better, but that's for xbox 360 players with kinect, like myself.
Yeah. I think the only reason Just Dance is more popular than Dance Central is because nobody can really afford to buy kinects since they're so expensive, plus, most families had already purchased wii's for their kids since wii's have mario and all these other family friendly things (Although the xbox has family friendly games too), so when Just Dance came out, naturally, more people ended up buying Just Dance since they had wiis. Dance Central looks awesomer than Just Dance, I have to admit.

GodIwanttodancetoEnriqueIglesiassobadlydarnit.

. Dance Central looks awesomer than Just Dance, I have to admit.

GodIwanttodancetoEnriqueIglesiassobadlydarnit.
It really is. Not to put down Just dance. I mean, the first one was reeeeeeally fun :3, and It's a great way to start up a party and good to play with friends, but the dance routines on Dance central are better. Things you'd actually do at parties and things, and each song has 3 different difficulties so the dances are slightly different. I personally think it's just.. better :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back