Tama V5 Reset Randomly?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

c3r6s9

Reaction score
I have had this Tama for a year and have just changed the batteries for the first time. As expected, it beeped and asked me to download or reset. I selected download and it went as usual. For a few days afterward, it started randomly beeping and asking to download or reset for no reason! :angry: I downloaded each time, but I had to set the time every time it happened, and their growth came to a screeching halt. One time, I got frustrated and removed the batteries, but when I put them back in, it asked for my birthday, and I realized it had reset by itself! :angry: I had 9 generations! It has only beeped and asked me to download twice now, and I've had no problems since then. Any suggestions in case it happens again?

What model battery did you use? The correct model is CR2032. There are some other models (such as the CR2025) that are the same diameter, but thinner - so may appear to work, but if you use one then bump the Tamagotchi, the connection to the battery will be lost, and the low battery or download / reset screen will appear. If you used a CR2032, was it new-in-package? Also, make sure there's no lint or bellybutton fluff in the battery compartment interfering with the connection. Bandai recommends that you press the reset button when you install a new battery, then select download from the download / reset menu. I've seen people complaint that sometimes (rarely) when the battery is replaced the download / reset screen doesn't appear, unless you do this.

Weird, but I'm not sure what to say.... that's an awfully glitchy tama though, I'd suggest you to get a new one, this is a familitch? yeah, mine is pretty glitchy too, I don't play with it much.

What model battery did you use? The correct model is CR2032. There are some other models (such as the CR2025) that are the same diameter, but thinner - so may appear to work, but if you use one then bump the Tamagotchi, the connection to the battery will be lost, and the low battery or download / reset screen will appear. If you used a CR2032, was it new-in-package? Also, make sure there's no lint or bellybutton fluff in the battery compartment interfering with the connection. Bandai recommends that you press the reset button when you install a new battery, then select download from the download / reset menu. I've seen people complaint that sometimes (rarely) when the battery is replaced the download / reset screen doesn't appear, unless you do this.
I have the right battery, and I checked for lint and found nothing. Will report back if problem continues.

I suffer from the same glitch. It's quite a common problem in V5s. Here's what I do to prevent resets:

•Pay attention to the pitch of sounds and contrast of screen; if the pitch of the sounds lower and/or the pixels begin to fade, then it's running out of battery

•Changing the time or connecting seems to trigger the glitch; the tamagotchi recognises the low battery, which in some models causes a reset bug.

•One thing I noticed was that a download/reset screen would appear, and upon clicking download, the tamagotchi would reset. To avoid this, if the screen randomly appears, remove the battery immediately.

•By changing the time and pressing 'c' rather than 'b' to escape, I found that the tamagotchi is less likely to onto the download/reset screen, and more likely to turn off completely, without resetting. That is your chance to easily remove the battery.

This has happened to me as well!!! My black V5 is very glitchy :( It keeps resetting itself, so i have stopeed using it. I don't know why, it could be the battries i used, they were rather cheap. Plus they were also from a $2 store, i know that sometimes cheap battiries aren't very effective. It could be your battery.

Love Sakura-san123 <3

Well, I decided to replace my Familitchi with a Music Star long before it ever got to that point (I don't like the Familitchi very much, to be honest), but it sounds like that's a very common problem with Familitchis.

Huh... I don't have mine with me, but maybe the battery socket is too big??? Maybe you should try taping the battery in or placing a little piece of folded up paper between the battery and the battery cover to press it in...

Just an idea.

The same thing happens to me too, and I've had it for about the same time as you too! That page just came up when I would go to the connecting bit and went to game, it would say standby as usual, but when I clicked B the download and reset thing came up! I pressed download and tried connecting again, and again, and again! I just put a long face on and agreed to not being able to connect with it.. :angry:

But then, the next day, (today :p ) I flushed the poos away :rolleyes: and then it just reseted itself, I knew cuz it asked me to fill in the time and date and it had 1/1 as the date and 00:00 as the time... :( That was so sad and scary; I'm still calming down from the shock!! :eek:

I was so excited about finding my V5 again, I was rly looking forward to staring a Violet family :furawatchi:

@KarinaBM13: Connecting takes more battery power than simply playing with your tama, so when the battery is low and it doesn't have enough juice to connect, it will reset when you try. All it means is that you need a new battery ;)

Every tama I've had (connections anyway) when I've put batteries in and out.... Lots of time, it finally decides its had enough of me pulling out the battery and resets.... It like messes with the charge after you insert/remove a battery so many times... This includes resetting too in some cases. Usually its my V5s though. I don't directly mind though... Those are quites easy to care for and gain money back...

Then, When you reset and download... It will go back to your last "major" thing that happened... Usually 9am for me... (Waking up) Then it will forget all the time it has grown and return to last "Save" (Like Connections, Waking/Sleeping, Growths - Stuff like that) Its annouying... I know the tama-go is really annouying if the batteries DO get low near the end of the day and nothing big happened... It happens....

Well, I decided to replace my Familitchi with a Music Star long before it ever got to that point (I don't like the Familitchi very much, to be honest), but it sounds like that's a very common problem with Familitchis.

Huh... I don't have mine with me, but maybe the battery socket is too big??? Maybe you should try taping the battery in or placing a little piece of folded up paper between the battery and the battery cover to press it in...

Just an idea.
My version 5.5 has the exact same problem, and I used to put in a piece of paper to keep the battery in. It helped for a while, but now it automatically resets just when I bump it slightly. So, c3r6s9 should try your idea but be very careful with it and not move it around. The problem with mine is so bad I can't use v5.5 at all anymore because it resets too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back