Sign in to follow this  
dazzilitchigirl

When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

Well, with the time travelling, it takes longer for them to grow. Oh, and I made two adults fall in love with a teen.

Edited by CrystalMimitchi

Great Post Dazzilitchi.

Here's mine: This one is pretty bad..I noticed that no one ever brings this up anymore, but it's a trick that i know works on the v2-3 at least. It's kind of dark because of the act and purpose. If you abuse your tama (unnecessary time-outs) like 5 times and enter them in a game of 'Bump', they are WAY more likely to win the 4 first rounds at least. It's kind of a dark feature they put in these versions..part of me feels like it may not be true(since it's been so long), but i do remember how shocked i was at how it worked.

For those who didn't know that..now you do and it's up to you to NOT DO IT.

To abuse your tama for bigger prize money is no different than those fools who train pitbulls for fighting, and i choose not to be like that, so i stopped years and years ago, 7 to be exact.

Sometimes my toddlers make it up to round 5 naturally. Was there ever a need for that??

Really? There's actually a way to win Bump? I've never got past round 2 :P . I'm going to try that out, it's not really that bad, Tamas are only pixels anyway.

That's another thing I've done and still do...if there's a cheat and I have the version of Tama it can be used on, I'll always try it. I don't really see killing/neglecting Tamas as cruel anymore, I'd never harm the physical toy but I don't mind doing stuff to the pixel characters. And it's not 2011 any more so I don't have to pay any attention to that random thing I said. :P

Edited by dazzilitchigirl

I think my biggest regret is not getting into them when they first came out and selling the few I did have. I think it would have been cool to start collecting in 97 and keep right on collecting through the Connection, IDL, Ps and Tamago Eras. I really envy people who have massive Tama collections. I need a time machine. Then again I found out about Giga Pets first. If I'd bought one of those first I may not be into handheld pets at all. I never much liked the Giga Pets I had. Fortunately while I heard of Gigas first my first actual purchase was a Tamagotchi. Best. Pet. Ever.

Edited by robodog

Well, a few years back, I learned about debugging. I tried debugging my first V3 and broke the sound on it. I then tried debugging my first Tama, the V4. Ended up losing all the screws to the v4, although, it still works. I also lost the IR cover thing that was on my first V6. So, I have a history of accidentally killing Tamas. :b

I wasn't that bad, but when I was little, I went to this shop and I dropped it on accident, and when I went to pick it up, my brother barfed on it. :o -_-

• Like 2

One of my Tamas had overly sensitive buttons, so I took it apart as well as a v4 and switched their buttons around. After that, both versions worked perfectly, so I guess it's not really cruelty (except for the fact that the reset screen comes up when I try to connect). I also made my Tama-Go character weigh 99 pounds on purpose, but I was just experimenting. It turned out that when that happens, the Tamas get really fat and can't do anything until they die.

If your Tama gets fat, you just take it to the doctor and it makes a bunch of poop, you're not supposed to wait till it dies! xD Sorry, I find that funny..... xDDDD

I'll admit, I was an awful Tama owner back when the originals came out. I was young and, after I was tired of taking care of them, my brother and I would have contests/experiments trying to kill them. We'd starve them, constantly punish them for no reason, overfeed characters to 99 lbs, never clean up their poo, neglect characters we hated, and then record how they "reacted" to being tortured in said ways. Not sure why we were so cruel to them...I guess once we were tired of actualy playing with them properly, we found new ways to amuse ourselves. At least we never actually destroyed the toys.

I haven't tortured Tamas since then, though. I know they're just pixels, but I get attached to them. Even if it's a character I don't like, I feel bad neglecting them, let alone deliberately torturing them. At least my new Tamas never had to suffer the way my old ones did. XD

Edited by Skygryph

Naming my first Tama 'Blaya' just because it was on the Tamagotchi name generator

I had a nano when they first came out. It was a kitty & I loved it but then when my real life pet cat died I was so upset that I threw my nano out. I really wish I didn't do that. :'(

• Like 1

Put a chewed bubble gum into my only tama at that time, a fake V1, because I'd lost the battery cover and the battery would always fall off. Dumb me :lol:

I just got too curious and took them apart... then it was fun so i took them apart many times (switching out backgrounds, trying the other guts in the other pets, etc.

eventually led to a baggie containing a mess of stripped screws and parts.

I still wish i had those parts today though, i could go find new screws and put them back together once and for all. One would have been especially sentimental to me now as the person who got it for me is passed away now.

at least i still have the memories.

• Like 2

When I was younger, like six or so, my V3 tama died- so I threw it away- LIKE THE WHOLE TOY! I completely regret that now- I guess I thought it was broken or you couldn't reset or something like that... :angry:

• Like 2

I always enjoyed feeding them till they were about to explode. Unfortunately, I was then too lazy to help them lose the weight, so they ended up being little fatties for their whole lives. xD

• Like 2

Tamagotchi's were LITERALLY my babies, back in the day. I treated them like they were my own babies, practically.

Problem is, I never treated the actual tama (egg) well.

I lost my first one, a red v2 with hearts (wanting one day to buy one mint in package) by somehow getting the buttons off them. I still kinda sink inside to this day over it.

M v3 had the same fate.

v4.5 was so glitchy to the point where i had to throw it out. I practically cried. I loved my v4.5

as for my v6, forever lost. ):

And now I want to start collecting again. </3

When i was around 6 or 7 and got my first V4.5 i left it in the bathroom overnight, and it started beeping so freaking loud in the middle of the night adn i cried but i was too scared to get it so i kept kicking ym sister and telling her to get it but it just died cuz nobody got it <:(