Sign in to follow this  
ChocoToken

What does the V5 (Familitchi) and V6 (Music Star) connects to?

V5s can only connect with other Family series Tamagotchis. V6s can connect with V5s, other V6s, and the TMGO. When in doubt, there's a nifty Tamagotchi Ultimate Connecting Guide in the Tips and Tricks section that you can consult. :)

In American versions, the trick is to look at the width of the screen. Versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 all had the classic sized square screen, with icons on the top and bottom and a decorative border on the sides. With the v5/Familitchi and onward, they got rid of the border on the sides and extended the screen, making them what I call "wide-screen tamas". Because of the change in screen size (and the resulting change in animation, but that's a bit more complex than most people care to know about), the v1-v4, or "square-screen", tamas can't connect to the v5 and up tamas. Basically, wide-screen can only connect to wide-screen, and square-screen can only connect to square-screen. (I have one of every version except v4.5 and v5.5, so I've tried every connection I could, trust me.)

Hope it helped!

Pikachi out.