U.S. Government

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyj200

Reaction score
The U.S. is thinking about taking away everyone's internet! It's awful. How can you do research without it? I know they have books but what if you need to use wikipedia? You can't. It's gone because of the U.S. government. They can't do this, it's not fair to us. Tamatalk will be gone for like half of us. So, this may be goodbye.

I know, it's just horrible.

WTF were they thinking when they made that rule? It's like taking air away.

How are we going to listen to music?

Chat with friends?

It's just horrible.

I love the internet without it most of us will be bored waching T.V and how are we gonging to get netflix??? I only want my friend to lose the internet because he broke my p2 because he wanted to watch a dumb youtube video

What I think the name of this should be is.... The Great Firewall of China.

What Happened??? I live in Canada, so I don't know whats going on.

EDIT: The United States is a free country, they can't do that unless they were a country like China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look up SOPA on wikipedia, it's not really taking it away, but if a website uploads a picture of something copyrighted, they get sued into the ground, so youtube..... Kiss it goodbye, If the senator from Texas gets his way, the internet is ruined. Wikipedia has tons of copyrighted stuff so goddbye to that.

What's wrong with no internet? You can go outside, and many Tamatalkers are addicted to the online world, so it would do them some good. No internet... means no internet. Your iPods would work, you can still listen to music, your computers will work, just no internet. It's not so bad.

@Ura Young Yattachi40

The USA isn't such a free country in my opinion, in fact, I really don't like America, for reasons TT doesn't need to know. But the people there are very nice and on TT I've met some really nice ones, as well as some very kind ones in real life.

@Southparkkennyfan

How are you supposed to chat with friends? lol, by going outside and talking to them face to face of course. :D

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad I live in NZ then! I don't know what I'd do without internet!

@Kuribotchi but you can't talk face to face with friends you don't know in real life can you? A lot of people have online friends who live in other countries, so what, you expect them to get on a plane and find their friends? Easier to talk online.

Well that's terrible. But like Ura Young Yattachi40, I live in Canada so it doesn't affect me.

@scottyj200: uh? I'm sorry, but I have a limited vocab when it comes to gov't stuff. -_-

I would just like to point out to my fellow canadians, this would effect us. Most of the (good) websites are U.S. based, without internet, the owners would not be able to update or keep their domain for very long. Alot of the internet would be lost. Yes there are Canadian sites, and European sites, but personally, my favourite websites are American (e.g. Google, facebook, youtube, twitter...)

IMost of the (good) websites are U.S. based, without internet, the owners would not be able to update or keep their domain for very long. Alot of the internet would be lost.

Yes. Thank you. Someone actually pointed out the most major thing. For all you New Zealanders and Canadians and Europeans and nonAmericans, well, let's just say all your favorite sites would go away. That includes the major sites the Butler listed (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube), but also a ton of other video sites (Dailymotion, veoh, and that's all I can list off the top of my head), and wikipedia, and a ton of game sites... Oh, and also Tamatalk, since it's based in the US.

And I'm sure all of you remember the Middle Eastern revolutions that occurred this year, and part of what helped the revolution was technology, and I think Twitter and facebook were helpers for that (Can't remember exactly why. Look it up >.<) Let's just say that the internet can do more than make people addicted to it. It can overthrow evil dictators like Gaddafi.

@ Kuribotchi um, you need music for an iPod, and half th people in the world don't realize computers dont live off the internet. Some friends and family also live far away, so this bill is stupid because it would disconnect people from their families.

Tamatalk will be gone for like half of us.
Actually, no. Tamatalk will be totally gone. Last time I checked, I think Admin lives in the US. Which likely means that if TT will be gone for US people, well.... Let's just say there would be no TT. Also because I think TT is hosted by some program board thingy that spawns from the US too.

It will never pass. If it ever gets approved, which is highly unlikely, Obama has said that he will veto it.

If it does pass, though, it won't be taking away the internet. A lot of sites would be closed down, but that doesn't mean that the whole internet would shut down. People would still be able to talk to friends and family, go on major sites, and people will just have to be more careful about what they put on a site.

Well, something is quirky about this...

Well, Google has the cash to relocate itself somewhere, and since Youtube it part of Google it will probably exist.

i really doubt this is gonna happen ;o

If something happened and the internett was gone, yeah I'd be mad because even though I'm okay without it(i have friends... xD) I'd be really upset cause I wouldn't be able to talk to any Tamatalkers anymore, or any of my online friends. ;-;

But yeah, hiiighlyy doubt it. xD

Well that isn't happening. Too many businesses would crash, online shopping centers, places such as eBay and other major, international internet-based stores. Also, most people do stock trading online now. There's no way the government can take away internet, we are a democracy after all. You have nothing to worry about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back