Should I get the Tamagotchi V5 (Familitchi) or Tamagotchi V6 (Music Star)?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoToken

Reaction score
Hm.. Which one should I get for simplicity? The V5 shell designs are pretty awesome! Plus, you get to raise a family, and have more characters.. But I like the Music Star (V6) because the shell designs are simple, it looks classic, and you have more games.. BUT you get less characters. =/

In the end, which do you think is better ; The V5 or V6? Please explain why.

Thank you so much in advance.

Personally, I really dislike the V5. It doesn't have enough going on for me, so yes, it's very very simple.

The V6 is overwhelming in features. If you like simple Tamas, don't get it. It needs a lot of attention.

Those are just my opinions. The best way to get a feel of a Tama is to read a log or two.

Hi!

I think you should get the Music Star because you can go on Tamatown and unlock new stuff, plus the concept of the Music Star is really cool! It's based around Music and the games are heaps more fun than the one's on the V5. I have the Rock City blue Music Star and i loove it!! Yes there may be less characters but their cute characters!!! The only annoying thing about the Music Star is that it beeps about every hour or so and it's really high maitence. Other than that i think the Music Star is quite fun!!

Sakura <3

Hi!

I think you should get the Music Star because you can go on Tamatown and unlock new stuff, plus the concept of the Music Star is really cool! It's based around Music and the games are heaps more fun than the one's on the V5. I have the Rock City blue Music Star and i loove it!! Yes there may be less characters but their cute characters!!! The only annoying thing about the Music Star is that it beeps about every hour or so and it's really high maitence. Other than that i think the Music Star is quite fun!!

Sakura <3

Hi!

Sakura <3

Hi!

Sakura <3

OMG SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST! please ignore :)
Haha... sorrytchi! Thank you so much you two! I think I'll go with the V5 because simple is what I like.. but yet, The V6 seems more affordable. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I did not like the v5/Familitchi very much. It sort of bored me, not to mention the music for their version of TamaTown drove me up the wall. But I've been into tamas for YEARS (I got my first, a green v1 about a week after they came out) and while I liked raising the v6/Music Star, they can be a bit of a hassle if you aren't ready for them.

With a v6, you can't just feed it and keep it happy, you also have to strike a balance between having it practice it's instrument and raising it's stress level, or constantly playing games to decrease the stress. You alos can't just feed it stock food, you have to buy meals or it'll starve. There's also the rush to attend school and get your skills as high as you can before you have to preform in front of the music critics. It does pay off, though, once you get your first pay from your first concert. Then you're rich! Music City, the v6 TamaTown, also has a ton of things to do and buy. You can send items to your tama, or decorate your apartment in Music City. New things are almost always popping up.

With the v5, it's easy: feed some food, play some games, press buttons when it beeps. Once you buy something, it's in your inventory forever (although your tama reacts exactly the same way for every single item... no depth there.) It's actually almost easier to raise than a v1. Unfortunately, your choice in games is decidedly lacking, especially for the first generation, before you have parents, and they don't pay very much. The items in the shop also change every single time, and while it means that you don't have to wait for it to restock, it also means that you have to go back again and again in order to find what you want to buy, 'cuz if you don't have money the first time around, you're out of luck. The Earth Expo (TamaTown for v5s) is also different. Instead of logging in like you do with a v4, v6/Music Star, or v7/TamaGo, you have to enter passwords every single time.

But this is just my review. Some people like the v5 better than the v6. Either way, it's your choice. (But on a side note, the v7/Tamago is sort of in the middle; no stress, no school, but more shops, more games, and it can go on to Music City too. And there's also the nifty little figures.)

-Pikachi out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back