What are likes on your profile and reputation points?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
As a newbie here, I'm still pretty clueless and I'd like to know what they are... thank you. :huh:

Likes are just little notifications showing someone..likes your profile.

Reputation points show how helpful, etc. you are on the forum.

The Reputation system has been replaced with 'Likes' (in the last upgrade).

These are more or less the same thing.

If you see a reply on the forums that you like you can click the little blue 'Like this' button in the lower right hand corner of the post and it will be counted towards that member's reputation. Their reputation level shows up in their profile page. Likes to a post will also let you see who has liked a post.

It's like a system specifically for members to show appreciation to others for their contributions to the forums.

It's not the same and not linked in any way to the site's Karma system which is managed by the TamaGuides and Admin. In other words, having a lot of likes or reputation does not automatically mean you should get positive karma points from the Guides ;)

(I only mention that because we get members from time to time who think the Guides should give them a good karma point because someone has given their posts a lot of likes)

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back