ANTI-SOPA PETITION!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispilot2293

Reaction score
header.png

Since TamaTALK dosent seem to be doing the Blackout today, i felt i should post a link to the ANTI-SOPA petition,

If the SOPA passes through congress, all our favorite sites, such as:

TAMATALK!

Facebook

Twitter

ALL VIDEO STREAMING! (YouTube, Veemo, MegaVideo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc...)

etc...

WILL BE SHUT DOWN!

Please Sign this to keep our dream of a world with TECHNOLOGY ALIVE!

https://blacklists.eff.org/

Also, I would like to ask you to please black out your avatar for the day with this!
photo-156644.png
for the day, or longer! UNTIL THIS HORRIBLE IDEA IS KNOCKED OUT OF THE GOVERNMENTS HEAD!https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/uploads/profile/photo-156644.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, but I made my own icon. Why would I want my photo to be a black box? Ew. SOPA sucks, anyways. : P

OMG IF THIS DOES PASS I MOST LIKELY WILL HAVE A COMPLET MELT DOWN AND JUST BURST INTO TEARS KNOWING ALL MY FRIENDS ARE GONE FOREVER.and also what sbout Grooveshark? that has TONS of copyrighted music on it :'(

we made a backround on flockdraw if anyone wants top use it for there computers
MYBACKROUND.jpg

One day, a girl named Ella decided to check the internet after a while of inactivity.

She logged on, and instantly, stuff about a thing called 'SOPA' had appeared and was flooding statuses. "Surely, this could not be something bad?" she mused aloud, but for oh, she was wrong.

She had pondered about this and asked her good chum Alex, to which the latter replied, briefly, that it was the bill Ella had heard of, about shutting down 'copyrighted websites'

The brunette instantly raged. She told her chum about how unrighteous and horrible the bill was.

Ella briefly took a gun, and booked the next flight to the senator's home.

One day, a girl named Ella decided to check the internet after a while of inactivity.

She logged on, and instantly, stuff about a thing called 'SOPA' had appeared and was flooding statuses. "Surely, this could not be something bad?" she mused aloud, but for oh, she was wrong.

She had pondered about this and asked her good chum Alex, to which the latter replied, briefly, that it was the bill Ella had heard of, about shutting down 'copyrighted websites'

The brunette instantly raged. She told her chum about how unrighteous and horrible the bill was.

Ella briefly took a gun, and booked the next flight to the senator's home.
I ♥ UR THINKING ELLA! :D ;)

Oh my god I had no idea of this thing! I wouldn't be allowed to sign the petition, and I don't think the black image and signature are going to make much difference, but definitely NO-ONE will want Facebook shut down. They will NOT shut that down, everyone I know over the age of eight is on that site (except me)! I think they won't do that, or they'll figure out how to make these sites SOPA-proof. But, if TamaTalk shuts down and no-one can do anything, surely Admin can make a replacement on another forum hosting board? And if he/she can't, I will!

~ Dazzmina ~

Oh my god I had no idea of this thing! I wouldn't be allowed to sign the petition, and I don't think the black image and signature are going to make much difference, but definitely NO-ONE will want Facebook shut down. They will NOT shut that down, everyone I know over the age of eight is on that site (except me)! I think they won't do that, or they'll figure out how to make these sites SOPA-proof. But, if TamaTalk shuts down and no-one can do anything, surely Admin can make a replacement on another forum hosting board? And if he/she can't, I will!
Nope, it's not that easy, little girl. On the bright side, SOPA starts on 2/1, so we have time to prepare. All we need to do is trade: e-mails, 3DS friend codes, PSP info, etc. And to download the best vid ever.

Nope, it's not that easy, little girl. On the bright side, SOPA starts on 2/1, so we have time to prepare. All we need to do is trade: e-mails, 3DS friend codes, PSP info, etc. And to download the best vid ever.
I actually made a free forum once, it was quite easy, except no-one joined it :p And don't call me a little girl. Don't take advantage of the fact that my username is stupid and I'm the second youngest TT regular.

~ Dazzmina ~

I actually made a free forum once, it was quite easy, except no-one joined it :p And don't call me a little girl. Don't take advantage of the fact that my username is stupid and I'm the second youngest TT regular.

~ Dazzmina ~
Actually, i have a forum (running the same software as the new TamaTalk!) But my host got blocked by my domain name server (DNS) so my .co.cc dosent work anymore, need to find a new DNS before my site shuts down due to underactivity! D:

The government will get SOOOO MUCH unneeded power by doing this.... they will have complete control over the internet....if this is passed, what will be in the future? Banning books with curses or books that mention names of products and authors and characters? Ban books criticizing the government? Ban text messaging? Ban electronic toys? Ban freedom of speech? Something along the way is gonna violate the US Constitution.

If SOPA and PIPA are passed, I'm gonna throw out my computer. I'll smash the harddrive and sell the parts, because I only actually use it for the Internet. I'll buy a Kindle or something to download Microsoft Word so I can write school reports and stuff.

And if the internet goes down and we need information for school projects, where will we draw the pictures from? Certainly not every single famous person and place in the world has pictures in all library's books? And the nearest library to me is 30 miles away. I'd have to drive to the middle of nowhere for a report in school. THIS IS INSANE!!!

um, i don't think sopa has passed yet. this update was posted 4 hours ago and do they have a gigantic headline going "sopa passed now throw out your computers"? and besides, sopa denies us one of our rights, and there aren't a lot of supporters besides.

and also, who said anything about sopa starting in february?

EDIT: i heard the bill was pulled. can anyone verify for me?

Latest posts

Back