Help Identifying a tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeatchi

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I recently got a hold of my friends tamagotchi collection which consists of 2 v3's 2 v4's and an original P1 from 1997, but I' having a hard time identifying the other 4. Any tama experts want to help me figure out the rest?

*here is a link to the picture-

tamalot.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The black and orange one that you think is a P1 actually might be a P2. I'd have to have a closer look to tell for sure, but I'm almost positive it's a P2. Most P2s say "Tamagotchi" on the shell. Also, it looks like the background has a "wavy" (rather than "checkered") look, another characteristic of a P2.

The Connections without antenna (except for the blue one, but I'll get to that in a bit) are most likely V2s. Again, I'm not 100% certain because I'd have to know what the game play is like to be sure (V1s have 2 built-in games while V2s will have up to 4 built-in games, for example) but V1s typically have plainer shell designs (solid colors, not many patterns/designs) than V2s.

The pink one that has words in white speech bubble-looking designs all around the shell is called a Mesutchi Tamagotchi. It's actually one half of a pair: the Osutchi is the "male" and Mesutchi is the "female." If you keep looking around, you'll find its blue counterpart. Here is a picture of the sets (Tamagotchi Planet is another great site for vintage Tamagotchi information, by the way). Anyway, Osutchi and Mesutchi are kind of like the precursor to the modern Connections, which "communicate" (and are also mateable) via infrared. If you notice at the top of your Mesutchi egg there, the top looks like it comes off. It does, revealing jagged edges that you can use to physically connect the top of the egg to the Osutchi. Once connected, they can mate and carry on for a few generations. If you're interested in checking it out, I've run my Osu/Mesu pair in my log, starting here. :)

The blue one with the green guitar pick attached to the keychain is a Music Star, AKA V6. I have that exact same design and have also given it a go in my log, starting here. As you could probably tell by the name of the Tamagotchi, it's music-based. You raise your character to be a member of a band and they play in concerts and competitions to make money and become the best band there is out there, things like that.

Looks like you've acquired a fantastic lot! I hope you have fun with them! Also, welcome to TamaTalk! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Very helpful! :eek:

I would have provided more details but I have no batteries at the moment to power up the tamas to see what content is actually on them. But I'm happy to get a general idea about them now (especially Mesutchi!)

Funny story though, I got my hands on these when I was approached by a friend who asked "remember those virtual pets we used to play with?". Apparently he couldn't sell them in a yard sale even for 2$ each, so he was wondering if I would like them before he tossed them completely. Wanting more insight would eventually lead me to register with tamatalk for answers.

A fantastic site by the way, I'm especially feeling the nostalgia from the p1/p2 instructions posted here. Thanks for the memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back